Scripts / Can this be done?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
would like to pay for some scripts here is an example that i want. Damage over time

1. clean entity that takes damage
2. damaged reaches a certain amount the model changes to a dented barrel
3. barrel explodes from death and is replaced by dead barrel with custom explosion decal along with screen blur ambient light flash and smoke decal.
4. dead barrel and smoke decal stay for x amount of time and fade away.

would be nice if the barrel could leak and have a puddle of oil as decal

i'm willing to pay
PM
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2015 21:25 Edited at: 30th Aug 2015 21:40
if you still want this let me know pls

or i will release it here for everyone
life\'s one big game

windows vista ultimate

i5 @3.3ghz, 4gb ram, geforce gtx460, directx 11
JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
release for all...please...cool script...
PC Specs:

Q9550@3,8GHZ - 8GB RAM - SVGA R9 280 3GB GDDR5 - HDD WD 1500TB
PM
xenoblackinc
Years of Service
User Offline
i still want it
PM
xenoblackinc
Years of Service
User Offline
can the decals be changed if so I got something in store for the gg community.
PM
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2015 12:49 Edited at: 1st Sep 2015 12:51
yes the decals and the barrels can all be changed, you just need to assign a script to each so it knows what is what - as there are 6 stages you need 6 scripts (mostly just empty scripts to name the objects as this is not done automatically by the engine - that we have access to anyway)

1.a. create a barrel to use as the clean barrel and name it the % of health you wish it to reach before it changes to the 2nd stage (i.e. if you want it to change when it's at 10%HP then name it 10.) this value is based on the health/strength you set on the barrel (so give it some HP as you wish)
1.b. give it barrel_explode_custom.lua and set it immobile and dynamic (important to set this one immobile as it will still be in game even when you can't see it - unfortunately i can't allow the barrel to fall over yet, if ever we get the ability to swap textures then sure)
2.a. place a barrel to act as your dented barrel exactly inside the first barrel
2.b. give it barrel_dented_custom.lua and set it explodable (optional but i think it works well) and dynamic
3.a. place the final barrel to use as the burnt barrel and again place it inside the first & second barrels
3.b. give it barrel_dead_custom.lua
4. place your explosion decal and give it barrel_explosion_decal.lua
5. place your smoke decal and give it barrel_smoke_decal.lua
6. place your oil decal and give it barrel_oil_decal.lua
7. open barrel_explode_custom.lua and edit the min and max sizes for your decals (the barrel will automatically disappear once the decals have stopped growing)

repeat for all barrels (extract and paste each) - it's a bit of a process to explain but it's really quite simple

note* if you arent able to get your decals near to the barrel for some reason you may need to edit the lines in the original check for the decal - it'll look like this (the 55 will need to be bigger) & if the barrels are using the wrong decals etc it's because they are too close to another barrel (and getting assigned wrong) 55 is about as low as the value can go and still get a result so only way to avoid it is to move them further away im afraid.
Quote: "if GetDistance(e,a) < 55 then
explode_decal[e] = a
end"

and the script wont work unless all pieces are in place - no skipping decals (however you may edit the "Show()" command for whatever decal you dont wish to show at around line 97, that should be enough.
life\'s one big game

windows vista ultimate

i5 @3.3ghz, 4gb ram, geforce gtx460, directx 11

Attachments

Login to view attachments
xenoblackinc
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you so much the community could make some cool things happen with these scripts. I'll showcase my dead barrels soon. I have some more ideas I'd like to bring to life. I'll Pm you as far as the next thing just have to work some 3ds max stuff out.
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-07 03:02:02
Your offset time is: 2024-05-07 03:02:02