3rd Party Models/Media Chat / Guru ROADS V1 - The Ultimate Urban Roads + City Creation System for Game Guru

Author
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Gears of War 4
Posted: 23rd Oct 2015 03:45
NEW UPDATE

I have revisted the traffic signals to provide you with some alternatives to the big large ones that are in the pack. Expect them sometime next week, I have a busy weekend ahead so i wont have much guru time. My plan is to also provide a quad section that can be placed ontop of the cross section and be seamless. Suggestions welcome!

@Emrys: Thank you for the kind words

@OldPMan: Thanks man!!

@Gtox: No joke I was obsessed with Fallout 3 years ago. never did get into NV though, surprisingly.

@Tarkus: Looking fantastic!!!!! You should make a video, I'd love to see a working scene in action! Many thanks for your support and kind words, also the screen shots are great.

@Jerry: Thanks so much for your support, and I appreciate your thoughts on the pack. I do this as a hobby really, and I really love to create content that others will enjoy and have fun with. This pack has been a blast to create, and I want everyone that purchased it to feel like they really got a product that they feel was worth the money. I want the purchasers all to know that they are appreciated by store artists. It's also fun adding to the pack since it's been released, keeps more engagement with the artist and user.

Would love for some more suggestions

take care all
Tarkus1971
Audio Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2015 20:10 Edited at: 23rd Oct 2015 20:13
Thought you might like this video made using your Guru Roads v1 pack, and OldPmans all asset pack. Keep up the great work.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2b88lhlu2gj05w6/Fallout%20GG.avi?dl=0
Aftershock Quad Core AMD FM2+ 3.5 GHz 8GB Motherboard and Processor, A7700k apu, AMD HD7870 gfx card.
King Korg Synth, Alesis SR18 Drum Machine, Akai MPX8 sample player, Roland Fantom XA Synth, Axus Digital AXK2 Digital Drum Kit.

http://contest.gamedevfort.com/submission/185#.Vd9sJflVhBd
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2015 22:03 Edited at: 23rd Oct 2015 22:06
Quote: "Nice of you to include them in this pack instead of putting them in Volume 2! Which, btw, I'm really looking forward to"

I have to agree " GuruRoads V II " is already on my wanted list
I'm thinking good old Cobbled roads as well in that one maybe ...
I can only imagine how good they would look looking at the quality in GuruRoads 1
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
teamhalo
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2015 03:15
@Tarkus: That is an awesome video, it's so cool seeing my work used in other projects along side other talented artists work. Keep up the awesome job making cool scenes, and please feel free to post more of your shots or videos if you want to

@synchromesh: thanks so much for your support and gratitude, I really appreciate it. I wish I could start on a new pack but the next few months for me will be pretty swamped with outside stuff. Hopefully I can get around to start a few of the projects that I had planned, but we will see. I would love to work on something new for you guys

New Update:

I made multiple versions of the wired street lights, that way tou dont have to place a bunch of poles. I have a question for you all - right now the street lights are metal poles, would anyone want to see some wooden poles as well? Let me know and I will make an alternate model.

Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2015 13:19
These look great! I have a couple ideas that would be easy for you to add to Vol. 2. A street segment with an asphalt entry for parking lots, and a plain asphalt square that could be used to build parking lots of any size.
MAME Cab PC: i7 4770@3.4Ghz (passmark 9945), 12GB RAM, Win 8.1/64, GeForce GTX645 (passmark 1898); Shiny new laptop: i7 4800MQ@2.7Ghz (passmark 8586), 16GB RAM, Win 8.1/64, GeForce GTX870M (passmark 3598); Old laptop: i5@2.3Ghz, 8GB RAM, Win 7/64, Intel 3000 graphics
PM
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2015 15:17
It looks like <Silent hill> game.

Nice work mate!

3com
Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 10 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics

PM
teamhalo
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2015 18:20
Hey guys! Sorry for the lack of updates to this pack recently, I've experienced some family/personal matters to attend too these past few weeks.

I believe I've reached a point where I am satisfied with the quantity of content in the pack and it probably will no longer have more content added. The response that I have received in this thread from you all has been very supportive and I hope that you are all happy with what the pack has become

Guru Roads V2 is an idea, although my time recently has become increasing more limited. No promises but we will see what is in store

First though, I can probably see myself revisiting open building models in the near future, those are the most fun for me to create. If I do a V2 for Guru Roads, I would imagine it would mostly include alternate road textures (maybe clean roads for one ) but we will see. I love producing content for Game Guru and I really appreciate feedback that I have received, and the support through the sales.

I hope many of you have a wonderful holiday season, and look forward to seeing some new content from me one of these days.
OldPMan
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
You're doing a fantastic model. I look forward to your new work. I am impressed with the textures of roads.
The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.
Emrys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2015 09:04
Hope all is well, looks forward to your future packs
PC - Windows 7 64bit, Intel i5, 12Gb Ram, 1TB WD Black, Evga Geforce 760gtx 2GB
Laptop - Windows 8.1 64 Bit, Core i7-3632QM processor, 8GB of RAM, 1Tb Hdd, Nvidia Geforce GT 740m
PM
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2015 22:38
Just great ,realy cool work.Well done on this pack ,

Dave
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 13th Dec 2015 02:53 Edited at: 13th Dec 2015 03:48
Some amazing models here, I have most of your stuff and it's great work.

I only have two little niggles with this pack: 1. The lack of a cross roads, and 2. The Road - Overpass - Straight is bugged for me, when I place it it's invisible with just a bit of texture showing, if I try to raise it up it disappears entirely, if I try to lower it then it shows fully, which makes it a bit useless for the purpose it was designed.

While I'm at it I have an issue with the three animated doors you have for free on the store. They place fine, they open fine, but when you close them they disappear. Is there any way I can fix that at my end?
teamhalo
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2016 15:13
Quote: "While I'm at it I have an issue with the three animated doors you have for free on the store. They place fine, they open fine, but when you close them they disappear. Is there any way I can fix that at my end?"

Sorry I missed this, this can be corrected if you reduce the closing animation set in the FPE by 1. I believe the number is 0,61. try setting it to 0,60 and see if that works

I will have a look at the Road Overpass entity as well

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-26 14:03:09
Your offset time is: 2024-06-26 14:03:09