3rd Party Models/Media Chat / Where do you get your Textures? /w question

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2015 15:55
Where? I mean i can go on CG textures and download them and apply them to my model but then i can't put it on the shop because those textures are free for non commercial use. So where do you get Textures so you can sell/put things up in the shop?

(1 more question)

When i'm done making my texture i need to make a Texture map with all the textures my model need? I use paint.net and manually lay them out but most of the time it's really bad... Any program that can automaticlly create that texture map with the correct size or?

Your signature has been erased by a mod, please reduce it to no larger than 600 x 120.
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2015 18:46 Edited at: 19th Aug 2015 18:49
I personally go out when the sun is at the right location on the sky and do photography myself of textures. Its not good to take pictures in the evening as the lighting is so strong from single direction you get harsh shadows. You technically want as least shading as possible so that can be controlled with your shaders. I have used my DSLR and even a point and shoot to get textures of bark, concrete, metal and dirt. You can even take pictures in doors of things around your home, you just have to make sure you have good lighting. Don't ever use flash.

I than bring my textures into photoshop and arrange them into a single texture file (.DDS). I also make a normal and spec map of my texture (also in .DDS format).

I sometimes take pictures of entire objects and then try to replicate them in 3D. Removing all logos from the photo. You can see some examples here https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/210078
i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce 420 GT
Tereith
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2015 20:15
wow that's really nice. Sadly only thing i'm able to take snaps with are my iphone
Your signature has been erased by a mod, please reduce it to no larger than 600 x 120.
Gtox
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2015 20:35
The CG textures licence states :
Use of the Textures is only allowed under the following conditions:
- Private or commercial use
- Use in 2D or 3D computer graphics, movies and printed media
- Incorporation in computer games, 3D models
- Selling 3D models bundled with modified versions of the textures, when the texture is customized for the 3D model

TazMan
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2015 11:04 Edited at: 21st Aug 2015 11:09
Yes I agree with Gtox, If you want to have a look at the full description have a look here:http://cgtextures.com/content.php?action=license

Scroll down to CONDITIONS OF USE. Hope this helps
HP Pavilion Laptop, AMD A8-4555M APU with Radeon(tm) Graphics HD Graphics 1.6GHz, 8GB Memory, 64 Bit Operating System (Windows 8.1), 1 TB Hard Drive.

I've got something to say - It's better to burn out than fade away.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-19 05:45:52
Your offset time is: 2024-05-19 05:45:52