3rd Party Models/Media Chat / Vulnerable Parts For Bosses..?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2015 01:11
I'm thinking about getting ZBrush which is going to make it very easy (well compared to doing the same thing with Blender or Max or other similar programs) to create bosses and other models and characters. But is it possible to have a boss and give it vulnerable parts such as eyes or tentacles or similar sort of things you've seen with bosses for donkey's years..?

Haven't looked at the script for human characters but don't they die easier from headshots..? Can't remember now!
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
PM
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
not yet but i should think a limb detection system will come at some point
life\'s one big game

windows vista ultimate

i5 @3.3ghz, 4gb ram, geforce gtx460, directx 11
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2015 21:14
Meantime you can set a most destroyer weappon for the boss.
IE: soldier die with a simple colt, but you will need bazooka + a lot of ammo, if you want to deal with the boss.

3com
Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 10 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics

PM
snowdog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2015 21:43 Edited at: 19th Aug 2015 22:42
Ah well, that's a shame. Oh well.

Can't get over how quick and easy it is to start making stuff using these things called ZSpheres.

They're basically spherical tools. Once you pop one on your canvas you can draw more on your base sphere, move them and rotate them. It allows you to create basic shapes - say a stick figure with a head, arms and legs - and then ZBrush creates a poly mesh over it which can be sculpted.

It SERIOUSLY speeds up your pipeline, so much so that it's ridiculous lol

I'll post a few YouTube videos of the process in a bit because I'm probably not describing things too well. It really is a clever piece of kit.

It allows you to export as OBJ files so it should be easy enough to import it into Max or Maya and bung bones in and animate.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

PM
snowdog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2015 00:26
Have been nipping off to a mate's house who owns it and have started working through a book called 'ZBrush 4 Sculpting For Games - Beginners Guide' by Manuel Scherer and it's pretty good. Have been working on the first model tutorial in the book, a Spooky Tree. Here's mine:

PM
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2015 06:43
It was pretty useful in FPSCx9 that you could determine what spot of the body was hit.
i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce 420 GT

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-19 09:08:43
Your offset time is: 2024-05-19 09:08:43