Product Chat / Live Twitch Today 12th August - LUA Scripting Solider AI explained!

Author
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2015 14:37
Hi,

Ravey will be live broadcasting at 4pm GMT today on Twitch. He'll be covering the solider_ai script in detail so you can understand how the logic of enemies running this script work.

Watch it Live HERE

Rick
Development Director

TGC Team
FabledFoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Game Guru
Posted: 12th Aug 2015 17:47
Very cool Twitch.
"Don't give up on your dreams, or your dreams will give up on you."- SS <*})))><
Tarkus1971
Audio Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2015 19:09
Great, I had to watch the stored video as I was still at work at 4pm. Great to hear everything is going good with the performance update The hardware instancing idea sounds awesome.... Lots of nice trees
Aftershock Quad Core AMD FM2+ 3.5 GHz 8GB Motherboard and Processor, A7700k apu, AMD HD7870 gfx card.
King Korg Synth, Alesis SR18 Drum Machine, Akai MPX8 sample player, Roland Fantom XA Synth, Axus Digital AXK2 Digital Drum Kit.
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Nice, but the actual Twitch recording does not go into AI at all. Just to let you all know, perhaps save you 35 mins if you went there for that. Still interesting, but as far as scripting goes, basic. Covering a door (again) and using a flash light to open it. Great for newbies, but for us experienced users nothing momentous ;p I laughed when AI was mentioned at about the halfway point, then promptly forgotten again. Mind on the task! No distractions, lol.

Worth a a watch still, just not if all you are interested in, is AI.

Oh yeah, hardware instancing does indeed sound good. I voted for it day one of the new voting system. It's pretty low down on the voting list now though. No idea when that will be added.

SPECS: Q6600 CPU. Nvidia 660GTX. 8 Gig Memory. Win 7.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-26 13:55:28
Your offset time is: 2024-05-26 13:55:28