Free Models and Media / Autoflatten - Rule setting for the newest free game buildings contributors !!!

Author
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2015 17:00 Edited at: 11th Aug 2015 22:08
Please do not use the "autoflatten = 1" for any small assets or buildings (buldings, containers, ladders, desks, crates... ).
Use the "autoflatten = 0" in your model fpe files !!!
For example:
1-If you use the "autoflatten = 1" for one crate, wall or ladder placed by user on the roof of one building, that crate (wall or ladder) will add the terrain at its highest, and you will ruin all of the map relief terrain work !
2-If the user want to plant some small of your hut or cottage on the mountains maps, using the "autoflatten = 1" you ruins all hes mountain reliefs works !
So, think twice before use "autoflatten = 1" in the any of your model fpe file.
You can read the oldest postings about the autoflatten at: https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/211504
BTW : I still not understand why you (admins) close the oldest threads in this forum, for what reasons ?!? ...
Here is a lot of new users and they can't ask (or RE) at this oldest forum threads
Thanks in advance
Later edit: Your free (or for buying) models, must contain this part of script in the .fpe file:

Where the:
a - "collisionmode = 1" it is to player can use your doors, or to can go into your building model, etc.
b - "autoflatten = 0" see up of this post for what reason is it.
c - "forcesimpleobstacle = 3" is to user characters can walk your roads, floors, building chambers, etc.
P.S. I am sorry for my poor English language, but also I think you got the point
Smile today, tomorrow could be worse

http://bestradiolarry.ro/fpsarea/

"The best forum, game software, operating system or web platform, it's that software which can give you most of the features and speed, not just amazing graphics."
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Good Tips there Old Larry ..

Quote: " I still not understand why you (admins) close the oldest threads in this forum, for what reasons ?!? ..."

Its not us its automatic after a certain period of no responses ..
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
Old Larry
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2015 08:45 Edited at: 12th Aug 2015 09:28
synchromesh wrote: "Its not us its automatic after a certain period of no responses .."

And I think only the forum owner can uncheck this automatic option on hes Administration Control Panel...

http://bestradiolarry.ro/fpsarea/

"The best forum, game software, operating system or web platform, it's that software which can give you most of the features and speed, not just amazing graphics."
Old Larry
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2015 15:41 Edited at: 4th Sep 2015 16:01
And one more necessary rule:
Please set up strength of your models at minimum "1" !!!!
NOT "0" , better to have minimum strength at "10".
Reason for this: If you leave it the strength at "0" (zero) value, can't be used the occlusion script,
where one of that script condition is:
"local health_lower_limit = 1", and continue with: "if g_Entity[a]['health'] >= health_upper_limit then
Show(a)
else Hide(a)" ...
So, if your model (or weapon) have "strength=0" that object can't be hiding before "Show(a)" and the weapon after collect it, will be still visible (but can't be re pick up again), or the killed enemies and exploded objects (if you make some) remaining visible !!!
Thanks in advance, and happy modeling
Respect the GG community

http://bestradiolarry.ro/fps/

Old Larry
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2015 14:22 Edited at: 15th Sep 2015 14:31
If someones want to fast erase all bin and dbo files after make some changes in the fpe model GG file,
I recommend you the best short executable file for that.
I don't remember from where I've got it, but it's work very fine.
Just unzip it in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Game Guru" , then make a shortcut on your desktop.
Open the executable and if you want to clear all dbo & bin from the GG files, just press the "Win" + "B" keys.
NOTE: This mini program doesn't affect other programs or windows system.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2015 15:59
Do backup your importer dbo files before doing this as it will erase those also.
There most of the time is not a need for this as Gameguru checks for the existence of new files for a map a load time.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit

Old Larry
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2015 20:23
Sure, good point !

Old Larry
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2015 15:35 Edited at: 5th Dec 2015 16:23
Please CHECK the "autoflatten" in your .fpe model files (MUST BE Deactivated --> "0") !!!
At every version of the GG upgrading, 80% of the buildings or other assets still have the "autoflatten=1".
You can see the difference of my work on those attached pictures. I lost lots of buildings arrangements
and the terrain while constructing my map with that BAD "autoflatten=1"
(and here on the photos it's just few of looted lost of buildings arrangements).
Two days of my map work was vanish because I've used just one of building who still have "autoflatten=1" in their fpe file

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 5th Dec 2015 23:10
This explains some issues I have had lately. Every now and then I notice that my supposedly flat map has bumps in it and I have to struggle to level it out again. I'll have a look through all my models and see if I find any erroneous autoflatten commands.
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 5th Dec 2015 23:18
And I found it! It was Henry Hams free van model
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2015 13:01
You guys should make a duplicate and call it that item-Fix
That way you can insert them into the map and updates wont effect your maps.

I have a folder where I make these changes and they stay that way till I update them.
I have foliage objects, Building, Some of the DLC that is mis made FPE files, Multi Textured objects, and so on.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-07 04:27:31
Your offset time is: 2024-05-07 04:27:31