Product Chat / What do you think?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello

I just visited my steam account and saw another review that was thumbs down. I know that people are having some issues with game guru, but I feel that its really not that far away from being a really great game maker. Here is something to think about. A while back I purchased a game called far cry 4 maybe you have heard of it? It came with a map editor , that I have never used before till last week and I have been using it every day now. What does this have to do with guru? well as I began making my map I was amazed at how you can create neat levels in just a hour or so. Then out of the blue it hit me this is almost the same as guru, there is only a slight difference. So what you say well to me this is the best level maker I have seen you can drag and drop people and they walk and talk and don't need any way points they are so smart that if you put them on a island they don't walk in the water they stay put and they can say many different things when they see you. The animals same thing they wonder around kill each other and with out any programming. Boats float up and down you can do just about everything in it except make your own models. Its not a game maker but my point is that its so close to guru that maybe this is the future for guru. And if so wow, to me this is the way a game maker should be. Guru is not that far behind this and the fact that guru is a game maker not just a level maker might mean that it will be better than this level maker. While most of the game makers out here are more powerful none of them give you AI like this level maker this is really cool, if you haven't tried this you really should. I hope that game guru will have AI like this some day , so if you want a glance at a possible future of guru check it out. Of course I'm not sure what is really in store for guru but hopefully someday it will be as cool if not cooler than Far Cry 4 map maker.
PM
Peregrinus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2015 18:58
@Shivers I think it'll be quite a bit of time before everything is working well but if you read a lot of the negative comments on steam.. it's mostly by people who have spent maybe a few hours or people who truly expect a WYSIWYG type 3d editor which would be difficult if not impossible to do. I do agree with you that things will get better.
HP Envy m6-k010dx Sleekbook Custom AMD A-10 5745 2.1 ghz CPU ,8 gigs DDR3 ,AMD Radeon discrete class 8610G, 1 TB 7200 RPM Toshiba HD, Win 8.1 64 bit
sularus oth mithas
PM
Polaraul
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2015 21:08 Edited at: 6th Aug 2015 21:09
Reading a good few of the thumbs up reviews though, they are actually negative! Here is one such example of a thumbs up review
Quote: "I find that GameGuru Struggles a lot to run on my pc and i know that my pc is not an amzing £1000 editing pc but i would think that it could run this but on every setting i have tried it is constantly laggy and i cannot do anything."
Link

That is just one of many!
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
The next update should sort the lagging
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
SoUlFaThEr
Years of Service
User Offline
Timeframe on that next update?
The only stupid questions are those that were never asked.
PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2015 13:20
To give an exact date would be disastrous if we missed it by 5 minutes or 5 days.

A minor update was released 2 days ago to address encrypted media.

More minor updates ,may be released at any time. Major feature will take a bit. Read Lee's blog on the progress of the core rewrite.

Telling us to give you water, and have it in 2 hours is unrealistic, same with any other feature. They are done when they are done and tested.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit

Tarkus1971
Audio Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2015 13:48
GG is useful right now, just use the time to chill out and get those ideas brewing test each part of your idea on a small map, then when GG performance update is done, let rip

Once save/load is in the mix too, we are in for some treats
Aftershock Quad Core AMD FM2+ 3.5 GHz 8GB Motherboard and Processor, A7700k apu, AMD HD7870 gfx card.
King Korg Synth, Alesis SR18 Drum Machine, Akai MPX8 sample player, Roland Fantom XA Synth, Axus Digital AXK2 Digital Drum Kit.
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
I think GG is getting there, speed and AI are it's main downfall at the moment. That and the very annoying bugs floating around still. Once these things are sorted it will be much easier to make fun engrossing games!

SPECS: Q6600 CPU. Nvidia 660GTX. 8 Gig Memory. Win 7.
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2015 09:23 Edited at: 8th Aug 2015 09:24
Quote: "I think GG is getting there, speed and AI are it's main downfall at the moment. That and the very annoying bugs floating around still. Once these things are sorted it will be much easier to make fun engrossing games!"

Agreed ....Speed is being dealt with but considering there are so many criticisms about the AI ( And quite rightly so ) why is the " load and save" feature the most requested on the voting page at the moment ?

I would agree with Dvader .... Loading and saving with not so good AI seems a little pointless to me right now ..... But that's just me
I'm saving my vote till the last minute to see what the top two votes are
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
TazMan
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2015 11:21
I am realy glad the lagging is being sorted out, being someone working on quite a slow laptop. You guys with anything above 30fps are realy lucky.

But hopefuly I will have a faster machine soon.

Quote: "I have seen you can drag and drop people and they walk and talk and don't need any way points they are so smart that if you put them on a island they don't walk in the water they stay put and they can say many different things when they see you"

Surely this is just a matter of clever scripting for the individual characters. I know this is not going to happen any time soon but I can see it happening some day.
HP Pavilion Laptop, AMD A8-4555M APU with Radeon(tm) Graphics HD Graphics 1.6GHz, 8GB Memory, 64 Bit Operating System (Windows 8.1), 1 TB Hard Drive.

I've got something to say - It's better to burn out than fade away.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-19 00:54:17
Your offset time is: 2024-05-19 00:54:17