So if i had a model and animation, how can i imprort it
And what i need to do
PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2015 13:52
I would suggest looking at an existing weapon in the gamecore\guns\folders and see how the are put together (HUD.x)

HUD.x is the hands and arms and the weapon fully rigged and animated.
This needs to be a bone driven mesh with a FIRESPOT bone for the Muzzle flash. There are other bones, but a complete definition of the procedures could take a while, as each model program goes about this different.

the gunspec.txt file controls the details of the weapon, how it fires, zooms, animation calls, sound calls, and other details on weapons are here.

Textures in .dds format.

The RIG:
I use a full skeleton with the eyes set at 0,0,0. This will allow fully articulated movements that are on a normal Human.
Rig the gun separate from the Arms and hands and then attach the gun to the hands with a dummy object after you skin each piece. For weapons rigs, are pretty flexible in there design, you could use a half skeleton if you wanted, this is really up to you.

But don't rig the weapon directly to the arms, as it will make changing the weapon later very difficult.

Lots of trial and error testing and adjusting.

This is just the basics of the procedure. You will just need to dive in and take the plunge. As there are not tutorials on model theory on the site, that is what the help file is for in the program.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 02:03:59
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 02:03:59