Product Chat / Weapon crosshair position

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2015 01:41 Edited at: 5th Aug 2015 01:42
Is there any way to change the alignment of the weapon crosshair?

Using the fantasy staff as a weapon for a custom third person character and for some reason it is way off on the vertical in a built level although it appears fine in an empty one (go figure), probably something simple I am missing. Checked out the gunspecs and don't see any obvious way to do this.
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2015 02:45 Edited at: 5th Aug 2015 02:47
Saw some of the same thing happening, I was told nothing else was rig proper for this weapon.

Best I can figure is the dummy is not in a good place for all uses, and the difference might be the shader properties. there is a skinned bone weapons shader, and also a non bone driven shader for Melee weapons.

So that might be something to do with it.

Also in the start marker after you attached the third view character, is the offset for the dot in the properties settings.

Maybe when Errant AI, gets online he can shed some light into the weapons shader a bit on this. I will point this thread at him in PM so he knows.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit

rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2015 04:21 Edited at: 5th Aug 2015 04:32
Thanks Myke.

Quote: "Also in the start marker after you attached the third view character, is the offset for the dot in the properties settings. "

I see show/hide reticle field in the properties but not any kind of alignment.

If it's to do with Firespot alignment it is odd that it aligns fine when in a small near empty level but not in a large build.

This is for the Indie competition and it's a glaring issue to me.
Errant AI
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2015 08:17
There is no way to manually reposition the crosshair image. It always sits at center screen.

I suspect the issue is that it's a flak weapon and being affected by "physics". Lower frame rate from a populated map may be causing it to be affected more noticeably and causing more drastic vertical shift. Normally, you should be able to remove weight or other drop settings if you need a straight flying projectile but I think characteristics may still be hard-coded.

If you are getting predictable offset, I would suggest hiding the weapon crosshair and using a manually scripted one that's been calibrated. But if the offset is variable that could be really tricky...
Gigabyte P67A-UD4-B3, Intel Core i7 2600K (passmark 8555), 16GB Corsair DDR3, EVGA GTX 970 SC (passmark 8637), Win7 Pro 64-bit SP1, Primary monitor @ 1920x1080, secondary monitor @ 1024x1280

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-26 18:02:48
Your offset time is: 2024-05-26 18:02:48