Third Party Tools / Unofficial Xbox360 controller support

Author
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: witcher 3
Posted: 9th Jul 2015 23:52 Edited at: 10th Jul 2015 19:45
I figured I'd Post this as its own thread. If you want to use in Xbox360 controller to test your games while you wait for the official version here's how:

1. If you don't have the Xbox360 controller drivers you need to go here and click support then download them:

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/p/xbox-360-controller-for-windows#support

2. Next you need to download and install glovepie found here:

http://www.glovepie.org/

3. Download the script below and open it with glovepie. Have your controller plugged in and click and run (at the top center of glovepie)
Now you have a working Xbox360 controller for game guru.

Here is the button layout
RB = sprint
LB = reload
RT = fire
LT = AIM
Y = use
B = crouch
X = reload (alternate)
A = jump
Left stick = movement
Right stick = camera
DPAD = weapon select 1-4

If you wanna change any of the buttons all you need to do is change the name of the key at the beginning of the line of code. For example:

key.space = XInput1.A // - A Button

This is from the script. At the beginning it says "key.space" equals "xinput1.a" which is the "A" button. So basically every time you pressed space the "A" button is being pressed the same way. If you wanted the "A" button to make you reload instead you would change the beginning "key.space" to "key.r" so your code would look like this:

key.r = XInput1.A // - A Button

You can swap any of them around as you like. One thing to note. If you're using a mouse button the code will have mouse at the beginning instead of key as shown below:

Mouse.LeftButton = XInput1.RightTrigger //Fire Weapon - RT Button

So, if you wanted to make the "A" button be the fire button you would change the code to look like this:

mouse.leftbutton = XInput1.A // - A Button

only modify the first part before the = sign to change the keys. If you have any questions feel free to ask

fps controller dz25 has the dead zone adjusted to 25 instead of 15 to try to solve any drifting problems if you have them

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM
Peregrinus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2015 06:09 Edited at: 10th Jul 2015 06:20
Good idea, Mguy!

I actually use glovepie for Mass Effect 3. I did notice that the controller likes to drift a bit . If the fps controller.pie drifts, you should be able to try this one. If it still drifts, change this line in the code Var.DeadzoneAmount = 25% //Recomended above 5% //If it starts drifting, try turning the deadzone up some.
sularus oth mithas

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM
mguy1122
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2015 17:03
Thanks! This script was for my nephew so I never noticed if there was drifting and he never told me if anybody has any problems with it I can make a quick change and repost it. I'm playing mass effect 2 right now actually, it's pretty fun. Although, I still haven't figured out how to get any of the ladies in the sack yet
PM
Peregrinus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2015 18:49
I'm sure you'll figure it out.. The ladies are ..ahem fairly easy to persuade.. It just takes some persistence on your part.
Yeah, there is some drift if you don't adjust the deadzones.
sularus oth mithas
PM
mguy1122
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2015 19:52
I'm sure I'm not far enough in the game or shepherd just doesn't have enough swagger yet

I put a fix up top that loosens up and dead zone to 25. They were set to 15 before but I guess maybe that wasn't enough. Very nice script you posted. I like all the adjustable options for the DPI, camera and aiming.
PM
Peregrinus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2015 22:44
thks.. works well with this app called widescreen fixer .
sularus oth mithas
PM
wanderer189
Years of Service
User Offline
I have a copy of Pinnacle Profiler that I use to use for an old rumblepad, it works great for me testing an xbox 360 or the old rumblepad with GG
Peregrinus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2015 22:33
@Wanderer189 I also have Pinnacle Profiler but the full version is not free but glovepie is. Although it is a good option if you do own it. It works well too.
sularus oth mithas
PM
wanderer189
Years of Service
User Offline
@Peregrinus so very true, eliminates a drifting issue for me....and of course FREE is best...lol
mguy1122
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2015 23:54
autohotkey is another good one that should work. I think it was free unless something changed.
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 07:37:37
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 07:37:37