3rd Party Models/Media Chat / Questions as a new user

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 9th Jul 2015 21:22
Hey guys,

Not sure if there is a FAQ i missed with the answers that I am looking for, if so feel free to point me in that direction. I have been working as a freelance texture artist for over a decade now, though I am currently contracted to Greenheart Games as tech support/community manager I still mod games to keep my skills up.

Do you guys need textures for your store? I have around a TB of 1 - 4k .dds maps that I have created (Fantasy/Sci-Fi/Post-Apoc) and could easily be edited for GG use. I noticed lots of models on the store but you couldn't pay me to model, rig or animate. I do enjoy hand painting textures though.

Would I be able to create textures for the existing vanilla model such as landscape, architecture, clutter etc? or does the EULA state that only new models and textures may be uploaded for free/sale? I read through the upload guide but it seemed to be very model orientated, though I did notice a small selection of landscape textures are currently available, would I need to upload a landscape model too?
Suffer for your art
grobyken
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2015 23:33 Edited at: 9th Jul 2015 23:34
Hi and welcome.

Personally I spend as much time creating the textures as I do the model mesh. I am not aware of any means whereby you can sell just textures through the store but if you could I would for one be very interested. Perhaps TGC will consider a separate area in the shop for sales that support the artists.

Reskinning is not something that seems to have taken off in TGC world although I have made a lot of models for other software, mainly simulators, and reskinning is a big part of the community work.

It may be worth you looking at Skyboxes.
MadLad Designs
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2015 01:23
Do you have any examples you could show, both on their own and being used?
Check out my YouTube Gaming Channel: /user/MadLadDesigns
W7 Home 64-bit, Intel i5-3330 quad-core 3.20GHz, nVidia GTX660 2Gb, 8Gb ram
Grace Darkling
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 10th Jul 2015 12:21 Edited at: 11th Jul 2015 19:18
@Grobyken - Thank you for the advice and info, appreciated. I will take a look at what skies are currently available and see what i feel like creating. I am thinking maybe a stylized Post-Apoc set.

@MadLad Designs - Yea. You can click on my website for a brief rundown about me. All the artwork on my site is created by me. My website also links to my modding blog which has some recent projects on it. I also upload showcase Images to Flickr.
This is the mod page that I have created on my blog: http://realityworks.uk/blog/mods-3/

On Flikr this album shows some very detailed metal amulets using 1k maps:

Suffer for your art
i7 950 3.2ghz - 16 GB DDR3 1600MHz Corsair Vengeance Blue - Gigabyte EX58-UD3R - Nvidia Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 WindForce 3x OC 4096MB GDDR5
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
i think this would be a very nice addition to the shop, certainly a good way to add some easy variety to games.
life\'s one big game

windows vista ultimate

i5 @3.3ghz, 4gb ram, geforce gtx460, directx 11
Grace Darkling
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 11th Jul 2015 16:30
Well I am creating a little scene and i couldn't help myself. Thing is I will need to create new textures for everything.

[img]Syringe by Grace Darkling, on Flickr[/img]
Suffer for your art
i7 950 3.2ghz - 16 GB DDR3 1600MHz Corsair Vengeance Blue - Gigabyte EX58-UD3R - Nvidia Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 WindForce 3x OC 4096MB GDDR5

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-26 13:59:48
Your offset time is: 2024-05-26 13:59:48