Product Chat / CREATE AI OBSTACLES

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2015 20:00 Edited at: 8th Jul 2015 20:02
Maybe a tip. Sometimes while starting to test a level I have long time to wait with CREATE AI OBSTACLES. What I am doing is before testing go in free flight mode, flying high and looking for lost objects around the GG borders. Sometimes the objects lies in the "water" behind the GG borders. You can fly behind GG borders and delete all these lost objects, fly and look in GG borders for lost objects and delete them. I reduced my starting testlevel time with more than 4 - 5 minutes. The winning is
1-2 FPS also. The problem with selecting and placing objects is that sometimes you loose one or more objects. I found these objects back around and behind GG borders.
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2015 20:58
A good practice. Also make sure that objects on the ground are truly on the ground, or it will try and include that in the calculation.

Turn off physics for objects that the player or AI will not get near or need to move around. this will increase performance also and shorten the obstacle build time.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit

vrg
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2015 22:09
Maybe it is possible to create a function that will delete objects outside the GG borders.
The problem with placing objects inside buildings will cause putting the objects upside the building while pressing the enter key
When objects colliding with each other will that cause performance problems also?
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2015 12:27
Currently there is no way to destroy or create new entities in the LUA system but its one of the things we should be adding if the voting goes that way (after performance). I think increasing the power of LUA rather than hard coding functionality is the way to go so if you vote for LUA you will likely be voting the the feature described here!

ANNOUNCEMENT: Watch a game being made and ask GameGuru questions live at 6PM BST on Twitch at: http://www.twitch.tv/gamegurulee
PC SPECS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, Intel Core i7 920 (PASSMARK:5008), NVIDIA Geforce 9600 GT GPU (PASSMARK:752) , 6GB RAM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 12:24:44
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 12:24:44