Product Chat / How to add new animation states?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi. I recently purchased GG and I am looking to make a transformers fan game.

Obviously I need to be able to change from humanoid robot to (say) a car.

So my question is, how can I do this in GG? I noticed that the fpe files of the charcters for GG have csi_crouchxxx animations defined. I suppose I can use these slots for the alternate vehicle mode and the csi_stoodxxx for the robot mode. However is there a way that I can add completely new animation states?

Thanks for answering. More power.
PM
unfamillia
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2015 11:52
Hi pisang,

Firstly, welcome to the GameGuru forums!

With regards to the animations, you will need to download/purchase/make your robot models with the animations inside the model itself.

I can imagine that you will be able to purchase some transformer models from a 3rd party website; just be careful as some models are ripped directly from games, which are obviously going against copyright laws.

My best advice - which you might not like - is learn how to model and animate. This is the best way to gain full control over your games. You can then add anything you want. Plus, it's a skill that will stay with you throughout your game development career/hobby.

Hope this helped in some way.

Cheers

Jay.

pisang
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Jay, thanks for the reply.

Actually, I am a fairly experienced modeler. I have the animated models already including the transformation sequences.

My question really is on how to enable the transformation in game via the FPE files or by script.

In my post above, I thought of a work-around by using the crouch animation slots for the alternate mode. But surely there should be a more elegant way to do it right?
PM
unfamillia
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2015 13:04
Ah, sorry,

There is a reason people say, " Don't make assumptions"! haha.

If you have the model, just make a note of the animation frames and as you said, you replace the numbers in the fpe for your own frame sets.

So, for example,

The crouch could be 3100,3120, whereas yours is 210,230, just replace the numbers. If you are using the stock AI lua script, they will read the crouch animation frames when the model is supposed to crouch.

Either that, or, you will have to edit the AI lua to meet your needs. If it comes to scripting, unfortunately, that's where my knowledge ends! I can't code.

If you first, try to change the animation values in the fpe and see how you get on. If that doesn't work or you are stuck, come back here and I am sure someone more skilled with scripts will pop in and offer a hand.

Cheers

Jay.

PS, Transformers are awesome! I would love to see some pictures of your models!

DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes. Just simply find the anim frames you need to use for each action you want, then write your script to suit. Or edit and existing one of course.

SPECS: Q6600 CPU. Nvidia 660GTX. 8 Gig Memory. Win 7.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 07:51:07
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 07:51:07