Product Chat / Use in Commerce..

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Immediately apologize for my English...

In a General question like this..
Bought on Steam,Game-Guru,can I put the game on greenlight?
And then sell it in the store?
And do I have to delete extra files in the Compiled game?
And last question,what are these files Compiled in the game?
sdkencryptedappticket.dll
steam_api.dll
steam_appid
Please do not scold,because I'm newbie...
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "And last question,what are these files Compiled in the game?
sdkencryptedappticket.dll
steam_api.dll
steam_appid"

These files are actually for multi player for steam but must be in the SP standalone as well ...

Im guessing ( and only guessing ) further down the line when Multiplayer exe,s can be created these files will be required to run them.
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
GDNomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Bought on Steam,Game-Guru,can I put the game on greenlight?
And then sell it in the store?
PM
Tarkus1971
Audio Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2015 18:49
Welcome to GG GDNomad, I think you will like it here. The GameGuru Community has to be THE best I have encountered by far.
Aftershock Quad Core AMD FM2+ 3.5 GHz 8GB Motherboard and Processor, A7700k apu, AMD HD7870 gfx card.
King Korg Synth, Alesis SR18 Drum Machine, Akai MPX8 sample player, Roland Fantom XA Synth, Axus Digital AXK2 Digital Drum Kit.
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2015 20:03 Edited at: 1st Jul 2015 20:04
Quote: "Bought on Steam,Game-Guru,can I put the game on greenlight?
And then sell it in the store?"

I highly doubt steam will approve any game currently made with GG. No matter how "visually" good it looks.

Personally i would focus on making your game for now and think about the money aspect much much later.
i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce 420 GT
Tarkus1971
Audio Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2015 10:16
Why do you think Steam would NOT approve anything done in GG. I have seen games on steam which are truly dreadful released and they were done in cryengine.
Aftershock Quad Core AMD FM2+ 3.5 GHz 8GB Motherboard and Processor, A7700k apu, AMD HD7870 gfx card.
King Korg Synth, Alesis SR18 Drum Machine, Akai MPX8 sample player, Roland Fantom XA Synth, Axus Digital AXK2 Digital Drum Kit.
GDNomad
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm not sure about game-guru,But I do know that the games are sold on FPSC x9..
http://store.steampowered.com/app/339900/
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Why do you think Steam would NOT approve anything done in GG"

If they are Greenlit they will be approved.
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2015 03:15
I think it could be done at the engine's current state, even with all it's pitfalls. If a game were designed around those, or at least improvised (scripting vs. core features), it could be done. Just because the engine doesn't do this or that natively, it doesn't mean it can't be done via script. Obviously many things can't be done even then, but if your game doesn't require this or that feature, it doesn't matter. From a visual perspective, it's capable of amazing graphics. This has been proven time and again by the artists that frequent these forums. I have seen a lot of negative posts regarding this. Those who make such comments are simply wrong, as evidenced by those who make said amazing graphics. Anything worthwhile takes effort, even with the easiest to use tools at hand.
MAME Cab PC: i7 4770@3.4Ghz (passmark 9945), 12GB RAM, Win 8.1/64, GeForce GTX645 (passmark 1898); Shiny new laptop: i7 4800MQ@2.7Ghz (passmark 8586), 16GB RAM, Win 8.1/64, GeForce GTX870M (passmark 3598); Old laptop: i5@2.3Ghz, 8GB RAM, Win 7/64, Intel 3000 graphics
PM
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2015 21:47 Edited at: 6th Jul 2015 22:05
Quote: "Why do you think Steam would NOT approve anything done in GG. I have seen games on steam which are truly dreadful released and they were done in cryengine."

GG has performance issues still that can only be detected by testing on a variety of machines. May work wonderful for the developer but horrible for some of its players. A lot of beginner indie developers make the assumption that the engine will optimize everything for them. With GG a lot of the performance optimization has to come from the person making the game. For instance spraying trees all over your world may not work very well for some users. since we do not have the appropriate LOD staging system (bilboarding) set for trees yet. If you create a game that is performance friendly for a wide range of PC's than you will likely have a higher chance of getting approved. Keep in mind i said "I highly doubt steam will approve" not "steam will not approve". Its just my opinion putting myself in the shoes of the Steam Greenlight moderation team. I personally wouldn't attempt to make money with a game made with the software in its correct state. In the end of the day its up to Steam if your game is approved or not. I don't mean to be discouraging... but just saying its better to invest your time into making the game rather than thinking about its financial outcome. Because there is nothing more disappointing than being rejected after putting in a lot of work to send your material off for approval... believe me in know and its not very encouraging when you get the red notice back saying rejected.

Graphics are not what get you approved. They look at your performance first and run through for any preliminary bugs. Hence why a ton of horrible looking games are approved on Steam. Those developers focused on gameplay and user experience over graphics. GG focuses more on graphics than performance and actual gameplay/user experience. So your game may suffer in these areas if your not able to script your own AI and figure out a way to optimize your game for best performance. There still is currently a lot of bugs with the engine itself that the Greenlight team may encounter first hand.

Quote: "I'm not sure about game-guru, But I do know that the games are sold on FPSC x9.. "

FPSCx9's games run smooth. Only set back with it, was the limited memory cap that prevented us from creating more content for our levels. Been using it since 2006 and never had performance issues on the player side for it. Received no complaints on that end from those that had played my games.

If you do wish to sell your game I would suggest making it more a crowd-funded project so people can support your project while you work on it and while Game-Guru continues to improve. So once your game is done you can just keep patching it new builds out of Game-Guru until your audience (beta team) is 100% satisfied. Then you can begin deployment.
i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce 420 GT
!nullptr
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2015 00:22
Quote: "With GG a lot of the performance optimization has to come from the person making the game"

Not to put too finer point on it, this is a requirement for all engines and all games, the sweetspot is the only thing that varies. Give me hyper performance and I'll push it to superhypermega. Give me superhypermega performance and I'll want superhypermegasupermaxi. At some point the developer has to take responsibility to work within the development environment and for the target market.

If GG isn't working for your designs (and they are YOUR designs) and won't work on your target audience machines... my advice is to take a meander down to the toolshed and get a bigger spade. Stop trying to make a swimming pool with a teaspoon.

GG is for the jam and cream on your scones.

(Oh I say ol' chap... How British..... )
AKA SisterMatic (Steam)
Development/ Gaming Rigs
Sys 1: i7-4770 (3.5)/16Gb/128 SSD/3Tb/970gtx/2 x 23, 1 x 27 LCD - Sys 2: i7/8Gb/670gtx/1.5Tb/1 x 23 LCD - Sys 3: Amd Quad/8Gb/645gtx/1Tb/30" LCD
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 08:07:27
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 08:07:27