Product Chat / GameGuru - If Only I could Develop A Saleable Game

Author
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2015 09:20
I posted this on Steam but thought as not all read those discussions it would be worth reposting here. Hope this is OK with all .

OK I'll tell you why I bought it (or rather sponsored its development).

I guess I am older than most on this site but I got into personal computers at the beginning whilst at Uni in 1978 (sorry on Steam I said 1988 - guess I am older than I thought) when I built a UK 101 computer kit with an AMAZING 8k of memory. 130 uniquie chips to solder to the board and it worked first time. Wow! I followed this up with a ZX80 then a ZX81!

When FPSC hit the streets I was what they called an EA standing for early adopter although that was under a different log in to my present. I never really saw FPSC as having the capability of producing a commercial game despite great work by the likes of Wolf, Henry Ham, Bond1, Cosmic Prophet ETC (apologies for all the great developers I missed out). Great artists too numurose to mention. Fab work guys,

But after a life in IT as a professional programmer working on software that is and has been used across the world (Edutech Systems Ltd) I have to say GameGuru offers the Indy game writer the best opportunity to produce a best seller I have ever seen. Engine development over the next year only needs to match that of the past year to make this the best on the market. Its a winning formulae you guys in development so keep to the plan.

Its WISIWIG interface takes away the often hard to come by skills of both being a game imaginative developer and an advanced programmer leaving the developer with imagination to create great and absolving games evan as an individual. I am hoping someone will soon put up a tuitorial on what makes a great game.

I believe in the next two years or so we will see many great best selling games in the Indy market using this innovative engine. Exciting times guys and gals!

LUA scripting. I think it will be interesting how this develops. Back in the FPSC days developers like Bond1 starting producing some great shaders that were more often then not distributed to the community for free.

I see the LUA scripting is starting to follow that route and feel sure it will not be long before scripts are written that attach to specific models (this also happened in FPSC). Add to that the number of great asset designers that are hitting GameGuru and I think it is just a matter of time before the first Indi games hit the market.

And do not forget you game developers you have the biggest market this world has ever seen. Currently it is estimated at 2 billion worldwide. All with easy access. So get developing
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2015 14:26
Great post, could not have put it better myself To see the current state of GameGuru, you are all invited to check out my live broadcast from the shores of Wales and transmitted to all four corners of the world. Watch a game being made and ask GameGuru questions live on WED 8TH JULY at 6PM BST on Twitch at: http://www.twitch.tv/gamegurulee
PC SPECS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, Intel Core i7 920 (PASSMARK:5008), NVIDIA Geforce 9600 GT GPU (PASSMARK:752) , 6GB RAM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 11:04:37
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 11:04:37