Product Chat / Lighting

Author
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2015 14:23
Hello everyone.

I have been testing some new models for the shop and wanted a dark feeling to it so I closed off the room that had the walls, columns, flooring and ceiling objects that I wanted to see and ran the test level. everything looked fine so I lightmapped with F3 and the result was as below.

What I want to know is how come I have the light around the room when it is a totaly closed off area. The only light in the room is the blue light in the corner, but this should not have created what you see. Is there anything that I might have forgoton to do. Thanks
HP Pavilion Laptop, AMD A8-4555M APU with Radeon(tm) Graphics HD Graphics 1.6GHz, 8GB Memory, 64 Bit Operating System (Windows 8.1), 1 TB Hard Drive.

I've got something to say - It's better to burn out than fade away.
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Tazman

What modelling program do you use ...and is this a multi textured model ?
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
TazMan
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2015 18:17
I use 3DS max and no this is a single texture, I tried knocking the brightness down and the ambient light down to 0, this sort of worked but I still got that strange shadow at the bottom of the walls when I put the flash light on to see that is.
HP Pavilion Laptop, AMD A8-4555M APU with Radeon(tm) Graphics HD Graphics 1.6GHz, 8GB Memory, 64 Bit Operating System (Windows 8.1), 1 TB Hard Drive.

TazMan
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2015 11:05
I think I have solved this problem. With the level that gave the image above, I started the enclosed space and did a light map before it was totally closed off which gave the light on the walls that you see now. After I had totally closed off the area and lightmapped it again the light on the walls remained, this I think is a problem in itself because it means you can't light map an area and then change it significantly.

I decided to do a totally new closed off room and light map it. This is what I got:

This is with the flash light on, this is the result I wanted, so problem sorted thanks anyway for trying to help.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 15:16:05
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 15:16:05