Free Models and Media / [REQUEST] Looking for a swimming pool

Author
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2015 09:13 Edited at: 25th Jun 2015 09:13
hi there! i NEED a swimming pool like this one in the picture. or somehow like it.
i have searched the store twice and i didn't find anything useful. i have been on many websites to download free pool models. i found some nice models but when i insert it into game guru there is no texture anymore and the water is gone. my main problem is that the water doesn't work.
could anybody help me / supply me? i would of course pay for it so i don't even know if this is right here. this pool is essential to my map for i want to rebuild the banoi resort from dead island.

i can NOT use the natural water to fill the pool because the pool is located above the beach on a hill.

thanks
http://www.nuncio-rap.de
intel core i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz; 8GB RAM // NVIDIA GeForce GTX560Ti
Bisella
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2015 23:21
swimming poooool.....work in progress
The software I use? ... Autocad, sketchup, Spazio3D, pconplanner, Kerkythea, wings3d, paint.net, torque3d, AxixGameFactory, PD particles.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM
Bisella
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2015 00:06
water texture is a great problem.....aplha texture in game guru does not work very well
The software I use? ... Autocad, sketchup, Spazio3D, pconplanner, Kerkythea, wings3d, paint.net, torque3d, AxixGameFactory, PD particles.

Attachments

PM
Bisella
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2015 07:34
i made this model with sketchup (in 15 minutes ).....texture are from internet
have fun

Attachments

PM
nuncio
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2015 07:34 Edited at: 26th Jun 2015 07:35
wow, looks great already!!! for my pool it doesn't even have to be deep, i just need it for the background. there doesn't even have to be real water. just a 2D surface with water like surface would be enough for me. i just want to have a place where you can see pools and i must be able to sink the pool into the ground. maybe a pool with some pavement around it to let it sink into the ground without having a frame around it... great so far

edit:
oh you're finished already! i will take a look at this when i'm home. i'm excited. thank you dude!!!
nuncio
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2015 07:58
yes, it's a great model, that's what i was looking for. thank you very much!
but this brought me into a new problem: i dig a holw in the ground and put the pool in. i let it sink down until it is on one level with the floor. but then i have a rift around the pool. the terrain is too far away from the pool the player would fall into a hole before he even enters the pool.
could you tell me what i can do to make the pool sink into the ground and surround it with pavement without having holes? when i put square pavement stones around the pool there is always a corner looking trhu or missing. do you have like a negative image of the shape of the pool with pavement or slabs to surround the pool and hide the hole in the ground? sorry. this is very much :/
or is there a better idea anyone can suggest me. is there a "round" piece of floor in the stock media i can use? i found nothing.

if you don't know what i mean (i can hardly follow myself) you see the problem perfectly in your first attachment. the rift around the pool. i want to pave it but i have no matching piece. the complete shape of the pool, cut out of a squared (or whatever) big slab that surrounds the hole pool and i can dig a hole for the pool that nobody can see or fall into.
nuncio
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2015 17:22
hi! now i tried the pool in the editor. works great!!!! thank you!
i still have one little problem. as you see in the screenshot, when i put the pool in the ground i have no ground to walk on. is it possible to attach this pool with paving slabs just like i tried in the picture? i failed as you see because i have no curved paving slabs. there is always a piece of the slab shining thru the pool. i reall ylike the dolphin texture in the middle!

Attachments

Bisella
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2015 17:46
if you have sketchup i give you original model
PM
nuncio
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2015 17:50
no sorry i don't. i have totally no clue on drawing / sketching programs. i'm about to learn blender. i only know how to use gimp and photoshop a little. i think i already solved the problem about the water level, i must take a decal. but the slabs around the pool are still a problem for me here. it's really nice
Bisella
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2015 18:19
I'm working on it
PM
Bisella
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2015 18:42
here to you
have fun

Attachments

PM
nuncio
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2015 18:56
hi bisella! thank you so much for your work! i didn't tell right, you got me a little wrong i mean the pavement to be around the whole pool. i made a quick drawing how i mean. i have two ideas, which one you take totally doesn't matter. take the one that's less work. sorry for this mess and the CRAPPY drawing i had to be fast with paint i hope you can help me a last time with it because then this thing would be perfect!!!
i want to cover the whole area around the pool to hide the hole i put it in

Attachments

Bisella
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2015 19:45
lol....while drawing I kept wondering if I was doing the right thing....In fact ... it's not the right thing...lol
PM
Bisella
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2015 19:53
ok ok......I relax a little playing " Savage lands " and then I correct the swimming pool
PM
nuncio
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2015 20:13
thank you! great one you are! :missing yoda smilie:
Bisella
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2015 23:02
hi nuncio
the pool is fine ?

Attachments

PM
nuncio
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2015 23:59
YES!!! that's it! do you have a download for this already?
Bisella
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2015 08:33 Edited at: 27th Jun 2015 08:34
swimming pool ready to use

for the water i use a decal "waterwall" from decal3 by Devcore 35

Attachments

PM
nuncio
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2015 14:27
thank you very much, now it's exactly what i was looking for. this pool was the hardest to find piece of all times. i found a lot of pool but none of them had pavement slabs around so i could never use the models.
thanks a thousand times, you really helped me with this.
btw. i already had the same idea with the waterwall decal but that's sad cuase i can't see the texture but hat's the best thing i have for this.

i hope i can help you someday with something about sounds or something i'm good at thanks!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 01:00:20
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 01:00:20