Product Chat / GameGuru Splash Screen

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2015 09:04
Hi Lee, The software is coming along nicely, but I do think it's about time that large Initial GameGuru Splash Screen was removed.

MAY 2014:

"Right now the splash is there as a way to inform you that the resulting standalone is VERY MUCH a beta version and should be viewed as such. Eventually this splash image will be customizable just like every other aspect of the engine. My hope is that you can change 'every pixel' of your game so that no-one will know it was created with Reloaded. I am happy to make our policy on the 'Made In Reloaded' logo/text will be the same as FPSC Classic and entirely optional, but I still have to raise this at an official TGC meeting to make sure I'm not promising ourselves out of a good way to market the engine and inform potential future users. I am sure some middle ground exists on this subject"

You stated this in May Last Year, and I believe it is now possible to produce a reasonable small game to show friends and acquaintances. The one thing I don't want them to see is that I produced this game with "THE EASY GAME MAKER" it's fine if you are selling the actual game maker, but not so good if you want people to play your game.

Easy anyway is a state of mind, if you programme in lua, and build your own models, and choose the music, and work a plan for your game, and draw graphics, it is far from easy.

A small window at the end of the game would suffice, I am sure.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Ozziedave

You can edit all the screens manually to remove any sign of GameGuru if you so wished right now..
Although an editor is planned its not difficult and there is also a great 3rd party tool for this here called StyleGuru.

https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/212352

Hope this helps ..
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
ozziedave
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2015 00:36
Hi synchromesh thanks for your reply, your software is great downloaded it last week, unless I am doing something wrong
it doesn't change the very first banner screen, which I believe is embedded into the Exe File by GameGuru.

Couple of questions to see that I am using StyleGuru correctly, in the last stage of StyleGuru, choose a folder, would that be
the folder of the Stand Alone Game in Documents, or the GameGuru Steam Folder ?.

Cheers
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2015 02:04 Edited at: 22nd Jun 2015 02:09
Its not actually my program I just linked you to it ....you would have to PM the author ..
You can do it manually and modify that first splash screen .... Its not embedded

You can edit the splash screens and title Screens from these locations.

C:\program files\ steam \ steamapps \ common \ GameGuru \ Files \ Languagebank \ english \ artwork \ Watermark ......For the main Splash Screen

C:\program files\ steam \ steamapps \ common \ GameGuru \ Files \ titlesbank \ default.
For the loading screens

It must also be noted if you want to do this you must edit the screens "Before" you create your
standalone game so back the originals up first..

Hope that helps
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
ozziedave
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2015 13:28 Edited at: 22nd Jun 2015 13:28
Looks like it's apologies all round for thinking it was embedded in the EXE file. Synchromesh thanks for the information above.

Very Helpful
PM
Sanguis
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2015 22:57 Edited at: 22nd Jun 2015 23:14
Hi,

with StyleGuru you can make an own design. Every GG design in in it's own folder. E.g. "default". With StyleGuru you make one of these folders and save all your graphics in it. StyleGuru creates the structure and copys one image to all folders in all resolutions needed.

After this, copy the foldet to the other design folders in "titlebank" and point the style.txt to your design. Then GG is using it for game building.

I'm thinking at making a little tutorial in the next version.
~ And when I sometimes clos my Eyes, my mind starts, spinning around.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 10:01:21
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 10:01:21