Product Chat / multiple levels from one map / open world / need help

Author
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2015 07:51
hi there!

i would like to ask for some help and ideas on my newest project.
i'm working on a big map. in fact it's a big huge forest with some outposts that uses the entire space of the map. i would like to make different scenes in this one map. in the first "level" the player needs to rush through the forest and find an outpost that is hidden in the deep forest, i call it outpost1. there you need no weapons or enemies.

then i want a new level to start on the same map (but with a different nightsky) and the player needs to find another outpost, starting at outpost1. you must find outpost2.

level 3 is find your way back to outpost 1 (still on the same map!) and fight the enemies.

then in the 4th level i'm back at outpost 1 and the mission goal is to find the harbour on the complete other side of the map. so you will have to get through the forest again (wich is intended to still be the map from the start) but this time in another direction and find the harbour. when you reached the harbour the level ends. you get on a boat and leave the scenery. the fifth map would be on another map then.

so i would like to make an open world like map. you have a straight goal and you can choose for yourself where you want to go.

this is the important part:
does anyone have an idea how to make a believable forest without a framrate below 20 that covers the entire map? is there another workaround to have trees in the map when i play it?

right now i have sculped the terrain and put up some huts and stuff. actually i have completed the whole forest with everything you need EXEPT trees and bushes. i have a lot of animated trees and bushes that already look realistic but i don't dare to put them in.

i already learned that i should NOT spray the trees. i guess every single tree has to be planned exactly and placed manually.

does anyone have ideas how to make it easier for me?
http://www.nuncio-rap.de
intel core i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz; 8GB RAM // NVIDIA GeForce GTX560Ti

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-08 00:48:51
Your offset time is: 2024-05-08 00:48:51