Product Chat / entity locked on terrain

Author
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2015 11:31
Whereas AI for now walks only on entities close to the ground , then I try to raise the ground up that I need .
If I block the entities ..... should remain locked ....
why if I create the soil under it , the entity moves even if locked?
forgive my english

P.s.
I have been working for months on various construction kits , but these problems blocking my job
The software I use? ... Autocad, sketchup, Spazio3D, pconplanner, Kerkythea, wings3d, paint.net, torque3d, AxixGameFactory, PD particles.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2015 11:44
Are you using "autoflatten=1" in the fpe file?

I place entity and make a border around it, leaves the entity, raise ground as needed, and place item again.

hth

3com
Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 8.1 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics

PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Bisella.

The locking feature is really for editing so you can lock a building for instance and easily select and edit within it.
It was never designed to work the way your trying .... The ability to lock and object and for the terrain to go around it would be a great addition and has been suggested but I don't think its that easy to implement at this time .
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
Bisella
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2015 13:34
Quote: "Are you using "autoflatten=1" in the fpe file?

I place entity and make a border around it, leaves the entity, raise ground as needed, and place item again.
"

This method only works with flat elements . I'm creating a sci-fi corridor kit, and if I place stairways , this method does not work.

Hi synchromesh
I hope that the development team implement very soon the AI of the characters . So that the characters can walk everywhere , climbing stairs ... swim ...escape frightened... etc etc ...

Now all my kit are blocked

The software I use? ... Autocad, sketchup, Spazio3D, pconplanner, Kerkythea, wings3d, paint.net, torque3d, AxixGameFactory, PD particles.
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-07 14:23:48
Your offset time is: 2024-05-07 14:23:48