Product Chat / Need help with waypoints

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2015 00:55
Hi, I did just like the tutorial says and online on this forum, but still cant get my character to walk, I just gave him a simple script and setup the waypoints, but the way points are not working for me or something. This is what it looks like in engine. Please help Thank you

Attachments

Login to view attachments
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Gamemaker123825

Can you try something for me first ...load a blank map and put a "Combat Soldier from the characters somewhere on the map ..

Then create a waypoint for him to follow ..... Place your starter marker far enough away that he does not detect you .
Then run a test game and slowly walk towards him and see if he is following it or starts to ...
See how that works first ... I just need to confirm something
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
Gamemaker123825
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2015 02:10
Hi, what I did was put the waypoints down first and then the player and it works that way, I think I just did not have it on the mark :\ Sorry about that I have tried it 3 times and it all works
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
No problem ...It may not have been your fault ....
The Medieval characters are coded differently and can be awkward so they are still being worked on.
But if all the others work fine then its nothing wrong with your installation or your PC..

Please Note !

Zombies are hard coded .. They will not follow waypoints ... For now they just stand around moaning ...
Until you get close of course

Hope that helps
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2015 05:45
The reason they may not be working is the script is missing from the scriptbank folder.
Go to this thread and in the attachment in the first post there is the script. Place this in the scriptbank folder and see if that makes them traverse the waypoint.

https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/212180
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit

Gamemaker123825
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2015 01:38
Ok thanks
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
I have noticed any models apart from the stock soldiers have issues with waypoints now. No idea why, perhaps the scripts have altered? Oddly my scripts for merchant and AI still seem to work fine (thankfully).

Here is a video I did recently on waypoints. Simple enough, but only with the default soldiers(at present it seems).

SPECS: Q6600 CPU. Nvidia 660GTX. 8 Gig Memory. Win 7.
cybernescence
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Cogwheel Chronicles
Posted: 9th Jun 2015 22:52
Did you replace the missing script for the medieval characters from the latest release? They follow waypoints OK for me, but I think I remember downloading the missing script that Myke provided & mentions above. Don't think zombies ever had the waypoint code. Nice Vid . Cheers.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-08 02:59:06
Your offset time is: 2024-05-08 02:59:06