3rd Party Models/Media Chat / Character Multitrack Animations to Singletrack?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: GameGuru
Posted: 6th Jun 2015 00:29
I bought a couple character models off Arteria3D for use as 3rd-person characters. However, one of them included a singletrack X file and the other model only had a multitrack X file. My question is, does somebody know a way of "converting" multi to single? Or is there a program that can do it?

The singletrack model works good in GG since I can just type in the animation frames to the FPE file. The other one included no animation frames list and trying to add in frames only results in a model that looks like it's been sucked into a blackhole.

Obviously this is all my fault for trying to use custom characters and not being a modeller, but I just wanted to see if someone who is familiar with character animations has any suggestions. Thanks
Disturbing 13
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2015 05:11
You can use Fragmotion to combined all the animations into one track with a small learning curve. Milkshpe 3d may also be able to do it , but it requires all the multi tracks to be turned into .smds then merged one by one.

geistschatten
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: GameGuru
Posted: 6th Jun 2015 10:31 Edited at: 6th Jun 2015 11:48
Thank you for the help I will try both of those.

EDIT: Fragmotion worked great! Still have some texturing issues, but it's encouraging to see that custom characters aren't out of reach.
Disturbing 13
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2015 04:48
glad to be of help.

Timba
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2015 14:35
So just to be sure. If it's a single track animated direct x model should work in GG? Also, is there a tutorial to how to combine multitrack animations using any of this two tools? I am also planning in purchasing models but GG isn't making it easy to import almost anything. Most animated models i find are multitrack and ready for most engines except GG. I know this engine is new so I understand why and any help would be great on this.
ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | Intel Core i7 4790k | 16 GB RAM | EVGA GTX 980 SC | 120GB SSD(OS) | 512GB SSD(Programs) | 1TB WD Black(Backups) | EVGA SuperNova 1000W G1

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 00:39:11
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 00:39:11