Product Chat / Does GG only have a limited time on Steam?

Author
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
This, posted by Lee
Quote: "If you can help me turn the tide and get us back into the ‘Very Positive’ category on the votes score, it will help secure the future of Game Guru on Steam and give us the time we need to improve the product to such a degree that we can even convert the ’20 minuters’ into happy bunnies."

Not too sure what that means. Does this mean that GG could get pulled from Steam?
PM
MooKai
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2015 09:25 Edited at: 2nd Jun 2015 09:26
No, it means, negative votes = lower sales, lower sales = bad for a product.
Very low sales = death of a product
Death means = no more updates/support
Old school FPS fan, DOOM!!! Why GG not working on my AMIGA 500?
PM
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2015 11:17
no more updates/support mean, well... I won't think about it.

3com
Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 8.1 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics

PM
Rexzooly-Steam
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 2nd Jun 2015 15:31
I hope they don't drop steam as this is where I got mine from I want to keep getting the updates unless the enable us to get the updates via the app its self in a later update.
Autoplay Media Studios Lua Scripter, RPG Maker Creator, FPSC and now GG user.
The Next
TGC Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2015 15:47
We won't ever drop Steam we will always support users that haveGameGuru there.
Windows 7 Pro, Intel i7 3.8 GHz (Passmark: 9021), 16GB DDR3, NVIDIA GTX 780 4GB Superclocked (Passmark: 8056)
PM
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes, it is just a call to people finding Game Guru to be a rewarding experience who haven't yet made a review, to consider doing so. I always find it is the norm for many reviews to be negative, as people are more inclined to complain than praise. If you are happy you tend to get on with it, otherwise you tend to complain, human nature I guess.

I've already posted a review when it was released, so can't really help myself, other than put up videos and push GG as best I can to people who are interested. i think one of the issues people have is that it isn't as easy as they would like it to be. Unfortunately, there is a limit of how simple a product can be to get anything like unique looking games. I have seen a complaint that GG says you don't have to code, but you still have to know how to script to make the game you want, which to an extent is true. No game maker can make all games out the box, there's just too much involved. you will always have to code "something" if you want anything unique. There's room for improvement here of course, but really, anyone hoping to make a game without some sort of logic or code to work with do not understand how games work. You have to be willing to put some work in to make anything worthwhile.

Still, I digress. If you haven't put up a review and find Game Guru at all entertaining, then let people know! I think it is a great product in the main. It needs some work still (speed in the main), but I am fairly certain there is no other engine out there as easy to get into and use for the average untrained individual. Also, the community is second to none and is one of the reasons I continue to use TGC products and have done since around 2000, so I have 15 years or so of TGC experience you can take that as good or bad. I have enjoyed my time tinkering with TGC products though and obviously would have moved on if I found something better and as easy to use. I haven't. So here I am

SPECS: Q6600 CPU. Nvidia 660GTX. 8 Gig Memory. Win 7.
Tarkus1971
Audio Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2015 19:37
I have reviewed on steam.... and a long review too...
Aftershock Quad Core AMD FM2+ 3.5 GHz 8GB Motherboard and Processor, A7700k apu, AMD HD7870 gfx card.
King Korg Synth, Alesis SR18 Drum Machine, Akai MPX8 sample player, Roland Fantom XA Synth, Axus Digital AXK2 Digital Drum Kit.
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
@Tarkus ...

Fame at last

http://steamcommunity.com/games/266310/announcements/detail/218768639464874988

The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
MXS
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2015 22:47
yeah I myself am saving my review until guru is more stable on a well rounded level of a game engine. it still feel like a beta then more of a mature engine. what i want to put out as a demo is something fun to play. I love guru but I want to put up a real good review with a demo that can speak from my words. I been wanting to promo guru since reload days.
more than what meets the eye.Welcome to SciFi Summer

Windows 7 home premium 64bit gtx770 sc acx 2gb gpu boost 2.0

Rexzooly-Steam
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 3rd Jun 2015 00:18
The Next wrote: "We won't ever drop Steam we will always support users that haveGameGuru there."

I am glad to hear this, I have seen many companies drop steam users and then we lose updates or they get passed on to another company or engine and once again end user loses out so glad you will be keeping us updated two
Autoplay Media Studios Lua Scripter, RPG Maker Creator, FPSC and now GG user.
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2015 01:17 Edited at: 4th Jun 2015 05:36
I said i would not write a review until Game Guru came out of early access so that my review would be based on a completed project and well that time has come much sooner than expected. So I feel it might be best I not do that. As I currently don't have much good to say with how Game Guru is in its current state as a "out of early access" software. I've been buying and supporting TGC products for an entire decade and have spent a lot of money for someone that grew up in poor circumstances originally. While programs like Dark Basic and FPSC Creator allowed me to muse some creativity, I've always been inspired to one day produce an actual product with such software. Its the only reason why I backed Reloaded/GameGuru in the first place. It gave promises to everything I felt was lacking in FPSC-Classic; That Reloaded/GameGuru would be the savior of FPSCx9 and FPSCx10.

While I'm loyal to TGC, I'm also brutally honest as I have money in on this. GameGuru is not a completed product yet and it has not yet caught up to its predecessors nor original promises; REGARDLESS if this is suddenly a new product with a different direction now. Tired of being told that. You can't say hey give us your money to support this project and we'll make this happen... then say OH SORRY its now a different project thanks for the money but we have decided to work on other things with it instead. That is why people write reviews about feeling robbed.

I was really hoping GameGuru would be that advanced FPSC version we were looking for. Reviewing it on Steam would mean i would have to forget about its forgotten promises, as FPSC Reloaded on Kickstarter and treat it as something entirely new from when it was released from early access on Steam as GameGuru. Doing that... I find that I'm using an incomplete product with many missing components to it, with frustrating editing controls. That is literally what I would write on Steam if I were to do so right now. Because that is my honest opinion of the software since its release from early access till now.

I'd love to get my old production crew back on board and say yes we can most likely crowdfund a project using this software. But its honestly not ready for that type of risk.
i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce 420 GT
TazMan
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2015 12:43 Edited at: 3rd Jun 2015 12:47
Thanks for this post, I hadn't even thought of leaving a positive review on steam. I usually on say something if I am unhappy.
Well all done and obviously it was positive.

I personally don't understand why anyone has a problem with GG. It is a game engine that is and will be developing with the users input. You can't really say anything is wrong with that.

HP Pavilion Laptop, AMD A8-4555M APU with Radeon(tm) Graphics HD Graphics 1.6GHz, 8GB Memory, 64 Bit Operating System (Windows 8.1), 1 TB Hard Drive.

I've got something to say - It's better to burn out than fade away.
Polaraul
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2015 13:22 Edited at: 3rd Jun 2015 13:23
@Teabone Well said, and as an original backer you have summed up my thoughts entirely on this. Based on what Lee is currently saying, I am guessing that it is "Easy Game Maker" all the way now, and no nods to any of the things I was was hoping for that FPSCR could have been. I am just going to have to bite the bullet on this one and move on, but a review on Steam at this stage, would not be positive!
PM
Hamburger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2015 02:35
Quote: "I am guessing that it is "Easy Game Maker" all the way now, and no nods to any of the things I was was hoping for that FPSCR could have been."

That is one thing that really seems to annoy me about this engine right now. In the beginning I too was hoping for an overhauled version of FPS creator but now I am so confused by the direction and development patterns of this software that I am starting to get very unsure about whether or not this project will effectively become a polished product or not. to illustrate I am still waiting to create indoor levels, and that is mainly what is keeping me from buying Gameguru, besides some other things.

I really wish TGC would have just stayed with making FPS creator reloaded. That way, the development could be more focused towards a smaller target audience, rather than attempting to create the game maker of all game makers, and having it be "the easy game maker". I would like to have a bit of a steeper learning curve for a piece of software like this in return of having increased graphical and gameplay capabilities!

but again...

"THE EASY GAME MAKER"

Seriously, I do not dig that tagline or development direction. It makes it sound like the product will cater to 13 year olds.

I still have hopes that the engine will become spectacular but right now things are not looking so good to me, at least from my perspective. Sorry if I might be ranting but I am just getting my words out here... if they make enough sense lol.
[/href]
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2015 05:52 Edited at: 4th Jun 2015 06:16
I can comfortably say that all these rants the community has made, are taking place due to uncertainty. Unfortunately this may even turn into negative reviews on Steam. So please consider what all the people that are obviously unhappy in the forums, are saying. Positive reviews will help your product grow.
i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce 420 GT
mickeyb
Years of Service
User Offline
I cant give it a good review on steam due to the fact that it seams to be going in the opposite direction of what it should.
which is first person shooter even the stuff for for the next up date is aimed at multiplayer and third person with fixes and extra
stuff for fantasy . Until it goes back to the direction it was intended for which was really first person i will hold off.
HarryWever
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2015 10:30 Edited at: 4th Jun 2015 11:31
Quote: "going in the opposite direction of what it should.
which is first person shooter "

Maybe its my bad english, but i don't understand that. you can still make fps shooter.
third person is just a option you have. you can use it or not. thats up to you.
the same as mutliplaye, use it or not..
I am making stuff for a first person shooter for myself, but that is possible and more.
So i really don't understand the problem with that.
and why is it bad that you have more options.other then first person.

edit( i uploaded a video to youtube, and to me this is a first person shooter, far from finished, and still have to add enemy's but you get the idea)

Harry
Harry
PM
TazMan
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2015 10:39
I agree Harry

I thought the whole idea of GG was to give the users as many options of game making as possible and still keep it a really great game maker.
HP Pavilion Laptop, AMD A8-4555M APU with Radeon(tm) Graphics HD Graphics 1.6GHz, 8GB Memory, 64 Bit Operating System (Windows 8.1), 1 TB Hard Drive.

I've got something to say - It's better to burn out than fade away.
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2015 12:41
This was to be expected, sadly. However, it still has the majority of positive reviews, even though todays "Mr-Entitled" likely views 7/10 below his standart.
"When I contradict myself, I am telling the truth"
"absurdity has become necessity"
HarryWever
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2015 13:44
HI wolf,
Did you recognize the music/sound in the video

Harry
Harry
PM
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2015 14:00
Hey Harry!

I missed it initially because I watched it without sound

Now I've seen it, and it sets a neat atmosphere for the underground scene! Thanks for using my music!

-Wolf
"When I contradict myself, I am telling the truth"
"absurdity has become necessity"
MXS
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2015 15:34 Edited at: 4th Jun 2015 15:43
I think what mickeyb is saying is that Lee could have been more ahead with GG progress if he did not have to fix bugs for the other options. instead he could be putting more time into the first person which would be things like bugs fixes, performance and other graphical things. I think people who feels like this about GG is seeing that Lee is being distracted by other things like the 3rd person and MM. which is taking away from time that he could put into fixing the first person bugs and adding in other feature to complete the first person option. like for a example instead of adding in the 3rd person option Lee could have took that time to add in the post process effects instead and that would have been out the way already. also if the multiplayer mode [mm] was not put in then he could have took that time to put in multi core processor support and fix the lightmapping to support inside levels. I believe this is direction most people wanted to see in reload stage.

I don't agree or disagree with this with because either way right now we would be begging for the other options or at least for 3rd person mode.

also instead of things like conkit we could have a more complete game builder and character creator. I think this is why people are seeing that the extra asset was a distraction for us and instead of getting that, we would have preferred a more complete game engine instead.

but now with new options it distract Lee form the main core of the first person bugs fixes and incomplete features. this is the way I'm seeing it from everyone views on this. not just here but also the native reviews on steam. to sum it up everyone wanted a complete game engine by the time it left early access.

the way I see it the incompletion of guru is slowing or stopping wip games like My little APOCALYPSE world. this is a full custom game project that I want to see it make it in a finish project. so I for vote for a more complete first person single player mode overall.

the conkit need to be drop and the importer and character creator need to be more complete. what is really wanted is a way to make original games with custom character and asset easy.

on top of this scripts and AI could have been more complete once the first person core is complete.
more than what meets the eye.Welcome to SciFi Summer

Windows 7 home premium 64bit gtx770 sc acx 2gb gpu boost 2.0

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 22:37:39
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 22:37:39