Product Chat / GameGuru Special Offer.

Author
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2015 14:39 Edited at: 27th May 2015 14:41
Hi All,

If you haven't grabbed a copy of GameGuru yet, or think you have a friend who would like it and likes a bargain, check out the limited time offer on Bundle Stars. Grab a copy and 2 Mega Packs for just $18.85

Click for this amazing offer here

SC
i7-4770s 3.10ghz - Geforce GTX 650ti
Sheogorath
Years of Service
User Offline
look everyone here already knows a bunch of people who would love this software

the problem is,the program is really hard to recommend because it runs so slow

if you can increase performance by 30%

and periodically add features to the map editor & game (monthly or bi monthly) {read the forum for ideas}

the money will pour in through the walls

the release of this game on steam was news worthy (literally google news)

and i feel like your blowing your chance at glory

but I have hope Insanity will invade your minds and give you the creative spirit you need

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM
Disturbing 13
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2015 03:53
Greetings Sheogorath; I see you only joined the forum this month so I'll clear a few of your concerns up.
Quote: "the problem is,the program is really hard to recommend because it runs so slow"

Actually it runs very smoothly but I feel the system requirements need to be raised. If your computer is older than 4 years then it's time for an upgrade. I've been a user of TGC products for years and this is the most graphically powerful and beautiful I've ever seen. In order for full usage of GameGuru to be appreciated I do believe you need a more current system. Crysis didn't run well on 4 year old computers when it came out, they just upped their system requirements.
Quote: "and periodically add features to the map editor & game (monthly or bi monthly) {read the forum for ideas}"

As I said before you only joined this month, so you haven't seen that we get new features and upgrade/ performance enhancements almost weekly, more often every two weeks, Just since March we've gone from version 1.00.19 to 1.00.30 ( or really 1.01) That's eleven upgrades and fixes in two months. All the fixes were due to user feedback from the forum members. I do suggest you check the dev log weekly or even daily under the news tab to see exactly what is being done and how often. I've never seen more diligent work on an engine with an eagerness to please their user base. I think if most people just upgrade their video cards they will see a great performance boost. My suggestion is the GeForce GTX 750 Ti. It's relatively inexpensive ,powerful, and won't require a new power source for your pc. Hope that clears a few things up. Happy game creation.

Sheogorath
Years of Service
User Offline
I have a plenty fast computer
It plays 7 days and Hawken on max
GG uses twice the ram as rhino

Ansys runs smother and with less ram

I got an error just today after I saved a standalone

I see that they complete some things, rairly it is the thing the person needs most

Perhaps I am affected by some strange bug
PM
MooKai
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2015 07:08 Edited at: 28th May 2015 16:54
I wouldn't buy a GTX 750ti.
Old school FPS fan, DOOM!!! Why GG not working on my AMIGA 500?
PM
Tarkus1971
Audio Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2015 08:11 Edited at: 28th May 2015 08:12
Firstly my pc specs are below, in the small print, right at the bottom of this post.

1 - I am working on a highly detailed biggish map and so far I'm getting 40-50fps with everything on highest.

2 - Level planning plan a big part in speed and framerate, as does collision mode, box collision is by far the quickest.

3 - Use of scripting can increase speed, goindoors.lua for inside buildings will increase framerate, from 60fps to around 150fps, sometimes 200+fps

4 - As Disturbing13 has pointed out there are constant updates and improvements to GG and there are a LOT to come in the future.

5 - Add to that the great dev support and some extremely talented users here, and you have a great program to use and be part of.

Hopefully that helps you Sheogorath. Just take a look in the store and see what people have created. Low poly models and Music, SFX that looks and sounds great. I have put 380+ hours into GG and I plan to put in a lot lot more too.
Aftershock Quad Core AMD FM2+ 3.5 GHz 8GB Motherboard and Processor, A7700k apu, AMD HD7870 gfx card.
King Korg Synth, Alesis SR18 Drum Machine, Akai MPX8 sample player, Roland Fantom XA Synth, Axus Digital AXK2 Digital Drum Kit.
MooKai
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2015 09:49
Agree, I've already spent more than 100 hours with GG. Some of the DLC models are really good... So my motivation is back. Even there are still some serious bugs inside the software.... And some basic things are missing (hello save/load option).

The only software I've used more than GG is google chrome (hahahaha) multimedia fusion (1000+ hrs) and my nice Flight Simulator X (3000+ hrs). But sooner or later I'll pass the 1000 hrs with GG too, I'm sure...
PM
Disturbing 13
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2015 16:11 Edited at: 28th May 2015 16:12
Quote: "I wouldn't buy a GTX 750ti .... Cheap sh.... "

Do you have a better solution? I'm just trying to offer an inexpensive solution to a common problem. We would all love Nvidia Quaddro K600's but that's not reality is it? I get 103 fps with my GTX 750ti.

Polaraul
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2015 17:34 Edited at: 28th May 2015 17:49
Quote: " I've been a user of TGC products for years and this is the most graphically powerful and beautiful I've ever seen."

Is that in relation to other TGC products? Having some time to actually use GG for an extensive period of time this week, the thing that I lament the most, and the thing that is putting me off this product at the moment, is the lack of graphical finesse.

The stock textures are too low resolution https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/212105 and the lack of AA is something that really needs addressing very, very soon.

If TGC really want to see sales soar, then make an optional High Res texture pack, give the program at least some form of AA, put a developers console in place with a free cam, and let the screen cappers sell the program for you!

I really like GG. I just really hope it fulfils its potential sometime soon, and isn't destined to wander in an incomplete beta state forever.
PM
MooKai
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2015 20:45 Edited at: 28th May 2015 20:50
@Disturbing 13
sorry man

but I would not buy a 750ti (today) anymore. for 50.- euro more you can buy already a 960, which is better in most games (+ GG).
and you can use the 960 the next 2-4 years with a good framerate. I guess the 750ti will soon see the limit in gaming...
just my opinion, invest 50.- euro more now, instead buying again a new card in 1-2 years.

About AA.
Maybe I'm getting old, but I think I would not see much difference if GG would use AA, coz anyway I'm using 1920x1080 as res. Looks good, really.
AA is a performance killer, not a good idea to implement it at the moment.

Some of the DLC buildings have really good textures.
PM
Disturbing 13
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2015 04:35
I'm using the same rez and I don't think AA would make a difference either. I suggested the 750ti mainly for those who have older comps that probably couldn't handle a newer card. It's a cheap , affordable card that will definitely make a difference in GG performance. I would even get a better card but it would require getting a new power source to run it so the 750ti was a good fit and really made a difference. I see those double stacked video cards that look like engine blocks in a car and drool myself silly. I just wonder how much better can anything look? I mean it's all what you put into it. If you gave this engine to the team that created the COD games they would make something that looks like COD and no one would complain if they didn't know what engine it was made in.
BTW the original point of the thread was to promote GG + 2 mega packs for $18.85. That is a steal considering whatever you make in it you can sell with no extra licensing fees like every other engine on the planet. Lots of complainers overlook this fact.

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi all,

For those who keep up with Lee's Blog you'll notice that visual improvements are not only high on the development list, but well underway.

I personally feel that higher res textures would be of limited use for most users at this point in development, they slow performance, and increase memory usage, but like everything, if enough users ask for them, we can push the idea further up the list.

Back to the original point of this post, 6 days to go for this offer..

SC
i7-4770s 3.10ghz - Geforce GTX 650ti
MooKai
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2015 10:02
Yes, it's really a good price at the moment, GG + 2 DLC packs for under $20 is more than fair. And you've enough assets to create something nice
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 02:06:35
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 02:06:35