Scripts / Multi Levels Health and Life transfer

Author
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2015 11:58 Edited at: 25th May 2015 12:03
Hi,

I get a request last week for transfering the Life and Health Value in the next level in a Game. What for some is pretty useless cause cod shows us that to start with full health is normal, is for some other game dev essential.

So here is a script which saves the value in a text file and restores it on the beginning in the next level:

Things to know:
- place the script in a triggerzone short before you enter the winzone
- manually copy the values.saves file in the folder to the new folder in the standalone
- you can open the values.saves with each texteditor, so you can set the values to each number( Important: the Value must be placed exactly behind "=")
- open the script and set your values in the variables there too
- please let every file where it is, because it could create crashes if you place them elsewhere

Licence:
Do not publish/sell/share it as your script. You can use it in commercial and uncommercial projects.

Thanks for your interest and happy game making.

Corno_1
My dream is to develope games, which makes fun when I create it and fun when other people play it.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2015 13:22
Nice, thank you for sharing.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit

AceRimmer
Reviewed GameGuru on Steam
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: classic British heavy metal mostly
Posted: 25th May 2015 14:50
Thank you Corno. This is going to be very useful

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 07:48:26
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 07:48:26