Product Chat / Game Main Menu

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey guys!

Wanted to ask on how you create a main menu page for your game after you save it as a standalone.
PM
Tarkus1971
Audio Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2015 17:23
you have to edit these BEFORE you create standalone, after you create standalone the images are encrypted. Hope that helps.
Aftershock Quad Core AMD FM2+ 3.5 GHz 8GB Motherboard and Processor, A7700k apu, AMD HD7870 gfx card.
King Korg Synth, Alesis SR18 Drum Machine, Akai MPX8 sample player, Roland Fantom XA Synth, Axus Digital AXK2 Digital Drum Kit.
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2015 17:30 Edited at: 24th May 2015 17:30
Wonder if we will get a Main Menu editor like we had in FPSC-Classic. Where you could move the different menu options around to where you need them to and pick a background image. I thought it was even cooler to have a running video loop in the background of a main menu. We were able to do that by modifying the scripts for the main menu after building our game. GG has a lot of catching up to do with its own past :p
i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce 420 GT
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2015 19:41
you can change the files here:
C:\Program Files (x86)\The Game Creators\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Game Guru\Files\titlesbank\default
folder, then save your standalone build.

this will be added in future builds to be more intuitive to accomplish.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit

Devcore35
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2015 23:34
Hello,

Meanwhile a customizable menu included in GameGuru I offer our software
https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/209761
Enjoy ^^!
PM
Rexzooly-Steam
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 2nd Jun 2015 14:58
I have tested your tool, its laggy and not friendly sorry I have to say it its almost useless as gg's self editing option this is just added another loader on top of GG what is not really user friendly.
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2015 15:43
I'm not sure that openly insulting another GameGuru Community Member, who has provided something for free, is a good use of a post. Perhaps your "feedback" would have been better left to a PM instead? Additionally; when giving feedback, normally you offer specifics on why something is not working in the manner you wish it to. Statements such as: "it's laggy and not friendly" and "it's almost useless as gg's self editing option"; do nothing to help the developer improve their tool.
Intel Core i7-4820K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770
PM
Rexzooly-Steam
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 2nd Jun 2015 19:52
KeithC wrote: "
I'm not sure that openly insulting another GameGuru Community Member, who has provided something for free, is a good use of a post. Perhaps your "feedback" would have been better left to a PM instead? Additionally; when giving feedback, normally you offer specifics on why something is not working in the manner you wish it to. Statements such as: "it's laggy and not friendly" and "it's almost useless as gg's self editing option"; do nothing to help the developer improve their tool.
"

I agree I should of been more detailed in why and what was wrong with the tool, it was a fast reply was I was been dragged out of the door at the point, I don't think it should be left private though, but more details as you said could of been done and that I will go to his topic and post what I feel is up with it later on. The basic idea is solid but if you have used this tool yourself you know this is not a answer or fix to the OP so this is also what I mean useless, even free indi games these days have some epic launchers these days.

Like I said I will mostly tomorrow now will give them a fair and detailed reason on my views, though like I said the idea is solid and I like the idea.
Autoplay Media Studios Lua Scripter, RPG Maker Creator, FPSC and now GG user.
!nullptr
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2015 02:51
Quote: "I have tested your tool, its laggy and not friendly sorry I have to say it its almost useless as gg's self editing option this is just added another loader on top of GG what is not really user friendly."

Wow. Just wow.

Space reserved for a review of Rexzooly's menu editor.
AKA SisterMatic (Steam)
Development/ Gaming Rigs
Sys 1: i7-4770 (3.5)/16Gb/128 SSD/3Tb/970gtx/2 x 23, 1 x 27 LCD - Sys 2: i7/8Gb/670gtx/1.5Tb/1 x 23 LCD - Sys 3: Amd Quad/8Gb/645gtx/1Tb/30" LCD
PM
Rexzooly-Steam
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 3rd Jun 2015 11:55
!nullptr wrote: "..........................
Space reserved for a review of Rexzooly's menu editor.
.........................."

Funny you say that, when I used FPSC and had the same problems I did use my own game launcher and only had to deal with the pause menu, but I not sure if its possible to skip the start menu on this version, but I will have to sit down and explain myself on why I said that for them on there thread when I have 5 mins as with some fix's and clean ups I am sure it could be useful.
Autoplay Media Studios Lua Scripter, RPG Maker Creator, FPSC and now GG user.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 21:57:23
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 21:57:23