Product Chat / what the sense???

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2015 10:32 Edited at: 24th May 2015 13:39
to make and sell model packs with interiors , to buy and convert third party models ..when in game, enemies cant go in them and remains stuck on the floor.

yestereday I spent severel hours to make a good and nice cave map (every segment have forceisobstacle = 3) and when I put my enemies in it they didnt move...

the same with the stock cave models...

this is an HUGE handicap to game making and NEED to be fixed asap

I never seen a game making tool where enemies catn move into interior or cant go upstairs...

it's really a pain to me, but I must admit that graphic apart( but even graphic can beated with right mods)..old fpsc x9 is a lot better than GG

and dont tell to me that GG is new etc...since now after it gone out from EA ..these VERY BASIC issues MUST be solved...

how can we create a game if we cant add gameplay to it??
PC Specs:

Q9550@3,8GHZ - 8GB RAM - SVGA R9 280 3GB GDDR5 - HDD WD 1500TB
PM
frostyshield
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2015 11:49
You must have been pretty drunk when you wrote this as I only understood like a tiny amount of it, are you trying to make way points or what? NPC's don't have the function to roam around not right now anyway.
Gaming PC- CPU: i7 5820k 4.6Ghz 6/12, 32GB 2133Mhz DDR4, GTX 970 Oc'd, 120GB SSD OS, 500GB SSD Games, 2TB Storage, ultra-widescreen 24" monitor.
Webserver- 2x Raspberry pi 2 Quad core, 1GB Ram, 1=NGIX, 2=Mysqli.
PM
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2015 15:17
Quote: "You must have been pretty drunk when you wrote this "

LOL, I must still be drunk from last night then because I understood it! A little broken on the English part, but I think I got the gist of it! I don't know why they chose where they did to draw the line between early access and an actual release when there are a lot of unfinished/faulty things. I haven't had a chance to really play with these last few versions so I don't even know what's still broken. Anyway, I think the whole "out of early access" thing doesn't mean it's a done deal, at least with this. It's still in beta and will be for some time. It's not even close to what it will be when it's done.
MAME Cab PC: i7 4770@3.4Ghz (passmark 9945), 12GB RAM, Win 8.1/64, GeForce GTX645 (passmark 1898); Shiny new laptop: i7 4800MQ@2.7Ghz (passmark 8586), 16GB RAM, Win 8.1/64, GeForce GTX870M (passmark 3598); Old laptop: i5@2.3Ghz, 8GB RAM, Win 7/64, Intel 3000 graphics
PM
JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
yes I know... but characters movement I really think is a very very basic thing..really important that mus be adressed really fast...

I really dont want to do as always I done with x9..start some project/s and after a certain amount of time abort it due to lack of software functionalities...

i really love GG , the team... and firstly the community that alwaays help everyone ...but we really need some basic engine functionalities to can continue to use this software...
PC Specs:

Q9550@3,8GHZ - 8GB RAM - SVGA R9 280 3GB GDDR5 - HDD WD 1500TB
PM
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2015 15:55
Quote: "but characters movement I really think is a very very basic thing.."

I agree. I'm not sure about your specific situation as far as the AI goes, but I know it is something they are working on. They are trying to come up with an original way to do it I guess. This is mentioned in several threads, but I don't know exactly what they're going after. The only thing I can offer is to verify that you have forcesimpleobstacle = 3 in the object's fpe.
MAME Cab PC: i7 4770@3.4Ghz (passmark 9945), 12GB RAM, Win 8.1/64, GeForce GTX645 (passmark 1898); Shiny new laptop: i7 4800MQ@2.7Ghz (passmark 8586), 16GB RAM, Win 8.1/64, GeForce GTX870M (passmark 3598); Old laptop: i5@2.3Ghz, 8GB RAM, Win 7/64, Intel 3000 graphics
PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2015 16:22
The cave items are to far off the terrain for AI to walk in them even with the forcesimplecollision = 3. For AI to walk in these kinds of objects the floor must be no higher then 5cm thick.

These cave parts are not intended with walking AI at the moment. Once the capability to walk on objects thicker then that, then these should work also.

As far as the order things get done in programming, it boils down to what can be added and completed, with out disabling the functionality that is there. In the effort to make this an easy game making experience, it also must be simple and almost one button to accomplish. This is the hard part. Making it transparent and simple.

AI requires to know where they are in 3d space at all times, making it difficult to let them do there thing. Yes this could be done right now, but at the expense of you having to draw or trace the intended objects that you want them to walk on. Not for every one and certainly not easy.

This product is still in Beta even thou out of early access and new functions and completed functions will continue to be made for years to come.

Hope that clarifies some questions.
Thank you.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit

MooKai
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2015 16:44
Btw. the zombies scare water...
They never go in the water, so water is a save place to be
Now I know why zombies stink hahahaha
Old school FPS fan, DOOM!!! Why GG not working on my AMIGA 500?
PM
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2015 16:49
Quote: "AI requires to know where they are in 3d space at all times, making it difficult to let them do there thing. Yes this could be done right now, but at the expense of you having to draw or trace the intended objects that you want them to walk on. Not for every one and certainly not easy."

I do agree that I think it would be in TGC's best interest to avoid navmesh, that would really complicate the ease of use with building a level on the user end. I struggled quite a bit with it in other engines and I personally would prefer a system where the enemies can just figure out on their own where they can walk. Believe that's the aim for GG thankfully. Though i would assume this is going to take a lot of work programming on TGC's part. As right now I don't think you can have an enemy walk around on a rooftop? I haven't tested out the forcesimpleobstacle = 3 command in the FPE yet. Though it seems that would only work if the object is close enough to the base terrain.
i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce 420 GT
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2015 16:53
they will actually walk off the terrain onto any object and walk across that, only on the down hill direction, getting them to leave the terrain in the up direction is the stopping point right now. And they will not go over water plane that is exposed at all right now.

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 14:57:03
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 14:57:03