Product Chat / Why I love GameGuru

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok, after getting help from the great staff in getting gg running I can now post my initial thoughts on the latest release...here's how it went down:

Me : "So I change this from one to zero, and save."

*Clicks GameGuru.exe*...program opens...my computer glows like the briefcase from Pulp Fiction.

Me: "YES!!! IT'S WORKING! IT'S WORKING!"

My Girlfriend: "Calm down there Anakin."

Me: "Now, let's add a temple, some dead trees, some potions, a treasure chest even! Ah, attach this character to the start marker for third person...add a flying demon...and click test."

I am a twelve year old boy again. I wait with giddy anticipation as the scene begins to load...and then...the black screen fades in to a flat landscape, with a dead tree, a temple, some haphazardly placed objects strewn around a man holding a staff, and a flying demon begins to approach the character...

Me: "Look! Oh mah gawd...a frickin wizard! Yes! And there's a flying demon coming towards me...I got this!"

I maneuver the wizard sideways, and with a few clicks of my mouse send fireballs in the general direction of the menacing beast. The fireball bursts into a huge explosion somewhere off in the distance.

Me: "Fireballs?! Explosions!? Yes! Come get some ye foul beast from the depths of hell!" (yea I yelled at my screen )

My Girlfriend: "Seriously?"

Me: "Silence wench...observe as I dispatch this evil creature!"

She shakes her head at me, but does not understand the important task that I have been given. I must save the realm from this hellspawn!

The creature attacks me with it's fierce teeth, I am injured. I run over and grab the nearest health potion. That tasted terrible...but I will live, I will live to fight another day! I turn and fling fireball after fireball at the beast...my furious clicking can be heard three streets away.

Finally the beast falls, and I am victorious! I approach the chest and claim my reward! The realm is safe...for another day.

Me: "I have saved the realm, and will live happily ever after with my princess! And we shall have many children and they will carry forth my name throughout history!"

My Girlfriend: "I didn't see any princesses in the game..."

Me: "Shhh....just go with it."

And there you have it. That's why I love this program...heh.
-remember that you are unique, just like everyone else-
PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2015 01:20
Excellent post, thanks for sharing.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit

smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
lol, use the character creator and build your own princess - ok female with a pink top is maybe as close as it gets right now... but hey, she can still kill you

oh and dont forget the castle! that's definitely a good start for the kingdom of the realm
life\'s one big game

windows vista ultimate

i5 @3.3ghz, 4gb ram, geforce gtx460, directx 11
HarryWever
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2015 22:44
hahahah lol. that was a nice story . it made me smile
Harry
PM
Cowrex