Product Chat / Third Person questions (again !)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

I have few questions about the new view in the third person.

Will it be possible in the future to change the distance of the camera behind the character?
Will it have an automatic camera collision system with the obstacles around?

Can the character seen in the third person do other actions? walking crouched, climb ladders, etc ...?

I'm still on my adventure game project with DBPro (with view in the third person). This one is very advanced in terms of the main character movements (walking, running, climb ladders and climbing plants, etc ...) Only the enemies AI is not very good for the moment .. .
I would like to know if these improvements are planned for the view in the third person because GameGuru has very good AI system, graphics rendering and performances ! ...and I would like to continue my project with GameGuru !

PS : See the pictures attached from my project.
The main character can do several movements (included jump) and the camera handles the collisions with the scenery...

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2015 23:21
With this mornings update, there is now up and down looking with the TPV camera. The system also auto targets the AI that are targeting you. Stock script ranges are set pretty close, but duplicate the scripts and tinker with the ranges for the AI script and you should be able to get some good thing going.

There are three setting in the start marker with the character attached. These are accessible by left mouse clicking on the player start marker and choosing properties. At the bottom are the camera control.

Camera distance, height, and speed. Playing with these setting will show you in the editor what you are seeing. once in test game you can also adjust the FOV in the metrics panel (tab tab)

This TPV character will go threw a wide range of motions, but it is still being refined. So expect improvements.

Slowing the camera follow setting allows the camera to flow with obstacle, doors and tunnels and stuff, turn this down if you are clipping walls to much, some clipping should be expected in quick battle.

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit

geistschatten
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: GameGuru
Posted: 21st May 2015 23:25
-The distance behind the character is already available as an option on the Start Marker once you put a 3rd-person character there.
-The camera gets extra close to the character if there is something like a wall behind you or a low ceiling.
-Right now the 3rd-person mode is slightly limited because it just came out, walking and jumping are supported, and now opening doors and vertical camera movement. Ladders work if you have a slant to them (30 degrees or so). I'm sure tons more features will be added soon though!
Mariokiki
Years of Service
User Offline
Many thanks both (Pirate Myke & geistschatten) for the advices !

Just to have more precision about "ladders" system :
It would be nice to choose a specific object as ladder (or rope or vine) for the character changes its animation from "walk" to "climb" to be realistic ...

Perhaps an idea for future releases ...

THANK YOU SO MUCH !
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 03:10:13
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 03:10:13