Product Chat / DLC issue

Author
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2015 08:09 Edited at: 21st May 2015 08:15

I'm checking the DLC that I download and now I found these oddities .

The goblins of fantasy characters , instead of walking , strip on the back . (issue 1 )

In level editor fantasy characters have shadows enlarged. (issue 2 )

It was not yet solved the problem of people who can not walk indoors ( issue 3 )

I continue to look for problems

P.s.
It is not wise to sell DLC that do not work

Forgive my english

ah .... I forgot
the animation of the winged character , it freezes for a few seconds with wings up ... (issue 4 )
The software I use? ... Autocad, sketchup, Spazio3D, pconplanner, Kerkythea, wings3d, paint.net, torque3d, AxixGameFactory, PD particles.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

We'll look into this for you, but in the meantime:

I'm not sure what you mean by issue one, I can't replicate any issues with the Goblin character.

Issue 2, the shadows are stretched in editor because the editor uses a very low shader for performance reasons. All editor shadows are guides rather than a realistic representation of what you'll see in game.

Which buildings are you using? It is the building set up that allows characters to enter them, not the characters, so it most likely isn't pack related.

i7-4770s 3.10ghz - Geforce GTX 650ti
Bisella
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2015 12:11
Hi SC
thanks for your quick response

[quote=]I'm not sure what you mean by issue one, I can't replicate any issues with the Goblin character.

I mean that the goblins do not walk ..... he is lying on the ground and moves crawling

[quote=]Issue 2, the shadows are stretched in editor because the editor uses a very low shader for performance reasons. All editor shadows are guides rather than a realistic representation of what you'll see in game.

ok

[quote=]Which buildings are you using? It is the building set up that allows characters to enter them, not the characters, so it most likely isn't pack related.

the characters do not manage to get inside the buildings ..... if I I place a character on a floor inside a building , do not walk ... it remains locked . I tried drawing a floor top 5 cm ..... characters fail to climb ...... do not go up on the decks on treadmills .... ..... do not walk in a few inches of water

forgive my english
The software I use? ... Autocad, sketchup, Spazio3D, pconplanner, Kerkythea, wings3d, paint.net, torque3d, AxixGameFactory, PD particles.
PM
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2015 01:10
I noticed the on the Dessicated Priest, I can see the landscape through his open mouth! LOL

Bisella, do your buildings have forcesimpleobstacle = 3 in their fpes? I believe that is necessary for the AI to navigate indoors. Also, I am pretty sure at this point the AI still won't navigate stairs, ramps, etc. They are working on it though.
MAME Cab PC: i7 4770@3.4Ghz (passmark 9945), 12GB RAM, Win 8.1/64, GeForce GTX645 (passmark 1898); Shiny new laptop: i7 4800MQ@2.7Ghz (passmark 8586), 16GB RAM, Win 8.1/64, GeForce GTX870M (passmark 3598); Old laptop: i5@2.3Ghz, 8GB RAM, Win 7/64, Intel 3000 graphics
PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2015 01:28 Edited at: 22nd May 2015 01:29
As it turns out by surprise a few things have improved.
one if AI walks off the terrain to a static object they will in fact walk on it now.

There must be actual terrain under this as the will not cross the water plane at all, we gripped about it being able to do so, so they removed it.

They still can not go up ramps yet, or start from the terrain and walk on to any floors over 5cm high. forcesimpleobstacle = 3 must be placed in the FPE file for the intended walked on object.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit

Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2015 02:45 Edited at: 22nd May 2015 02:46
Cool to see them finally using bridges.

In Skyrim's Creation Kit you can see there are various creatures that have a setting if they can enter the water plane or not. Generally all characters and creatures that do not have a swimming animation would have this disabled so they walk around. There are a couple characters that have swimming disabled even though they do have swimming animations. Just preference for various personality and character types for those ones. I hope the same consideration is given in GG's future for when enemies can swim. For instance it would silly to see a zombie swim but a bit more realistic to see an Assassin. I noticed some swimming animations in some of the old FPSCx9 classic models. I don't know if any of the current soldiers in Game Guru have a swimming animation?

Can characters use staircases yet? If not... I wouldn't label this engine as being working yet :p
i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce 420 GT
Bisella
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2015 09:35
Quote: "Bisella, do your buildings have forcesimpleobstacle = 3 in their fpes? I believe that is necessary for the AI to navigate indoors. Also, I am pretty sure at this point the AI still won't navigate stairs, ramps, etc. They are working on it though."

is not my building.....is a DLC building.....anyway .... I check the .fpe file

thanks a lot

forgive my english
PM
JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "The goblins of fantasy characters , instead of walking , strip on the back . (issue 1 )

In level editor fantasy characters have shadows enlarged. (issue 2 )

It was not yet solved the problem of people who can not walk indoors ( issue 3 )

I continue to look for problems

P.s.
It is not wise to sell DLC that do not work

Forgive my english

ah .... I forgot
the animation of the winged character , it freezes for a few seconds with wings up ... (issue 4 )"

the same for me...
PC Specs:

Q9550@3,8GHZ - 8GB RAM - SVGA R9 280 3GB GDDR5 - HDD WD 1500TB
PM
Bisella
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2015 09:46
pff.....

I edit the .fpe file (and deleted bin and dbo). I created a bridge and zombies instead of walking on the bridge walk on the other side.

in essence It does not work
PM
JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
gg needs a navmesh..this is the only right and successful solution...
PC Specs:

Q9550@3,8GHZ - 8GB RAM - SVGA R9 280 3GB GDDR5 - HDD WD 1500TB
PM
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2015 15:56
I recall being in a thread discussion with Lee here about Navmeshes. I believe he didn't want to go that route. I'm assuming it would cost us some FPS drops.
i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce 420 GT
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2015 17:22
Navigation mesh would be nice since a pathfinding algorithm will determine shorter and more natural paths when using a navigation mesh, than it will with traditional waypoint-based systems.

However I think that would be good for an adventure game where you need not move quickly, you just find things, discovering other, etc.
But a game FPS is more dynamic, everyone wants to kill you, and you need full control of movements.

The main objective of a pathfinder is to define the area, allowing it to avoid obstacles, but it already does "CollisionOn / Off", this obviously in terms GG prevented walk through objects, with a navmesh simply ignores the object since he knows that this node is not walkable.

Since TGC first bent by a FPS style, use NavMesh was not an option, but using way-points.

Now with the third person, perhaps a rethink would be good.

3com
Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 8.1 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics

PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2015 19:42
Yes nav mesh would be nice and solve a lot, but Not simple enough for all to use. tracing out surface and stuff like that.
The developers want an easier solution for the implementation of this.

So any suggestions are welcomed.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit

3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2015 21:58
Quote: "The developers want an easier solution for the implementation of this."

There is not an easy way to do so, I thought.
I remember years ago (1998) when I had done my firts steps using DivGame Studio (Hammer Tech) spanish company game maker. These guys starting with easy game maker system, unfortunatelly it was only MS-DOS based system, so whe XP comes, they gone.

They use collision map, in another words one is the map you see/edit, and another one (collision map) is the one engine use.
So engine generate collision map based in the may you has create, painting a red colored circle around the obstacles; so this mean the entity identity red areas as non walkable zones, and avoid them.

Lets say the point A is the node occupied by entity, and in this case the point B is the nearest obstacle from the entity, so the engine has to trace all the nodes between then, in order to find the shortest way betweem both point.

Is this node alreay visited?, if not then market it as visited.
Is this node market as obstacle? (inside red colored zone), if so, then ignore it. ( this only regard with DivGame studio)

If somebody want to know more about it, please take a look to Dijkstra's algorithm explanation in Wikipedia, those guy explain it better than my poor english.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dijkstra%27s_algorithm

It can be use also like in old game system, I mean when player mouseclik over one point, and the entity start walking and go there, so in this case point A is the node occupied by the entity, and point B is the area you make mouseclick over.

3com

Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 8.1 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics

PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 02:19:12
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 02:19:12