Product Chat / Some questions about gameguru!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2015 07:32
Ok so I've been a big fan of the FPS creator series and once I saw they changed the name of FPS creator reloaded to gameguru I decided they must have made some massive changes.

So I've bought it and I'm wondering if additional coding as in beyond LUA (c#/c++) or something like that will be added for more complex games or looks of the games etc?

Also will we be able to increase the multiplayer size beyond 8 or will we be able to code it or make it so we can setup a server to handle more than 8 players?

I am wondering also why I don't see many (around 1-2% of actual released pics) high quality games/models, I see a lot of low AA games with medium textures, not complaining per say just im curious why no one has like got some models close to games like CoD.

Another (Oh god I know right) is will we be able to add in-game purchases at all? Just thinking of creating some F2P games with an option to buy skins etc. to like support the developer or if the players like the game, if its not possible it will definately be something everyone will want in atleast 1 game.
PM
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2015 07:48
I think in Game-Guru's current state most artists are being just cautious for now on the poly counts and texture sizes of their models. As performance increases I think the quality of items in the store will as well.
i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce 420 GT
frostyshield
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2015 18:50
Hmm I was thinking that this morning xD But I also have another question, whats with the x format? why not support native industry leading formats? I mean its a standard... no point trying to drag a dead body trying to revive it when no up-to-date 3d software supports it, it just makes everything a whole mess and makes it a far more complicated problem then it has to be... heck its an issue which shouldn't even exist.

Adding industry standard formats means developers will actually look at your product rather than going "this only supports a dead format.. why should I develop for this when its gonna take light-years to port to 10steps insead of 2-3"

not trying to throw game guru in the bin its just come on guys its like only having 1k polygons as a limit for the whole map its pretty silly when you think about it.
Gaming PC- CPU: i7 5820k 4.6Ghz 6/12, 32GB 2133Mhz DDR4, GTX 970 Oc'd, 120GB SSD OS, 500GB SSD Games, 2TB Storage, ultra-widescreen 24" monitor.
Webserver- 2x Raspberry pi 2 Quad core, 1GB Ram, 1=NGIX, 2=Mysqli.
PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2015 21:11
Hey, why don't you make us some media and put it on the store and show us how it is done, frostyshield.

X file is no harder to accomplish then FBX or any other flavor. it is about following the steps needed to get it there and get it working. Every engine has there way of getting models in and require the modeler to do a few things to get it ready for the engine. no matter what flavor they choose to allow or not allow to import. It starts with the artist just making there stuff.

Yes X file format is old, but it works, and there are numerous programs that export it still.

Other formats will be supported in the future.

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit

Tarkus1971
Audio Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2015 21:19
Well my opinion is that GG is a very simple to use, and is aimed, I think, at the man in the street who has no or very little experience of crating games. Many, many people have great ideas but NO way to build them. GG does this easily. GG will improve, it already has since I bought it on steam. I wish the team great success here.

Aftershock Quad Core AMD FM2+ 3.5 GHz 8GB Motherboard and Processor, A7700k apu, AMD HD7870 gfx card.
King Korg Synth, Alesis SR18 Drum Machine, Akai MPX8 sample player, Roland Fantom XA Synth, Axus Digital AXK2 Digital Drum Kit.
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2015 02:07
I'm looking forward to your models!
MAME Cab PC: i7 4770@3.4Ghz (passmark 9945), 12GB RAM, Win 8.1/64, GeForce GTX645 (passmark 1898); Shiny new laptop: i7 4800MQ@2.7Ghz (passmark 8586), 16GB RAM, Win 8.1/64, GeForce GTX870M (passmark 3598); Old laptop: i5@2.3Ghz, 8GB RAM, Win 7/64, Intel 3000 graphics
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 23:24:37
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 23:24:37