Product Chat / Can I make this game yet?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi everyone,

I just bought Game Guru, and I'm looking forward to trying it out. I have some very specific ideas about what kind of game I want to make, and I was hoping for some help/recommendations on what I should learn how to do, what I should invest more money in, or whether GG is capable of meeting any of my goals right now. I don't know any scripting or programming, but I would be willing to learn LUA.

I want to make a game set in the world of the role-playing game Unknown Armies (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unknown_Armies), gritty, modern-day occult fantasy with horror overtones. The story is inspired by the RPG Planescape: Torment, and I would want the game-play to feel similar to Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines. Here are some things I want in the game.

1. A dialogue system. Is there currently any way to interact with character entities? Does anyone think this feature will be included if not?

2. Magic. The magic spells in the setting are very subtle, so I'm not looking for fireballs or anything. It's more like you look at a person, squint your eyes, and they explode. I remember seeing that the developers wanted to include spells in a later update, so that's cool. Would it be hard to edit the special effects of spells or weapons? Also, what if I wanted to include spells that have other effects, like making a person invisible?

3. Skill system and inventory. Again, I'm hoping that something like this happens with an update. If customers want to create games like Skyrim, this would probably happen right?

4. Followers. Can entity AI currently be set up to support the player? Or could you do crazy things like switch between characters?

That's all I can think of right now, other than picking up some more assets. I was thinking of of buying megapack 3, as it has lots of good urban scenery. If there's anything that would make me seriously consider trying another game engine, it's the dialogue thing. It's important to me that the game is story-driven, with deep character interactions. Also, if I have to wait for more features to be released, I can spend my free time working on the script, and designing levels.

PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2015 19:56 Edited at: 20th May 2015 19:59
Most of the RPG elements you speak of will be possible and some may be already if you learn some Lua scripting ( which is required in many other engines anyway )

Quote: "dialogue system. Is there currently any way to interact with character entities"

Not officially yet buy you may find some scripts that make it possible but only conversations

The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2015 19:20
Quote: "A dialogue system. "

I WISH! It was one of the first things Lee was working on in the early stages of "Reloaded". Not sure what happened to that? Guess it was put on the back-burner.
i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce 420 GT
blackbear
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2015 04:59 Edited at: 22nd May 2015 09:26
Admin Edit: Posting links to third party products in the product chat is not allowed, it amounts to advertising which is against the AUP. Warning, don't do it again or it will be a slap.
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 03:17:02
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 03:17:02