Product Chat / character creator should have the character shop added for diversity

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2015 12:03 Edited at: 20th May 2015 12:08
hi guys well i am excited and frustrated at the same time with character creator.

well i am more than able to make my own heads and facial attachments and hats, helms, hair etc, but you are stuck with minimum bodies as they are animated and biped attached, unless you are skilled with re attaching the biped or able to manipulate the mesh without upsetting the rest of the body, and keeping the biped none disrupted. then you are stuck!

i was hoping all the parts (x) would be none animated and you could bring your own made parts in and some how as long as you stay within the size and in correct x,y,z positions could attach then character creator would sew it all up and add the biped. THAT WOULD BE THE EASIEST CHARACTER MAKER as it stands it is you can have samey 2 types bodies and play with the heads. should at least get your biped animater artsist to get dlcs for each genre. at the moment i can have a roman with a modern day warfare body and oozies, great for any fantasy game lol

guys think a bit about this maybe add the character shopformula, as an extra, where we link the biped to the mesh. that would make this the best character creator and with unlimited ideas and the easiest, you have the programme already why not update the existing code and add it to the cc main as an option or something, then i can add, they can add and will make it less identifiable as made with gg. if we have the same characters with slight changes will be making the character creator less exciting and with limited choice will water down every game you see made with gg. i was forever seeing the shrouded one armed monster appearing in every fpsc game. every time the same guy. which in my eyes helps to put people off. i do hope to hear of your thoughts on this and if you are willing to do this or add the biped after the parts are selected.

s.b
an unquenchable thirst for knowledge of game creation!!!
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "hi guys well i am excited and frustrated at the same time with character creator."

The Character Creator is only the first Draft .....
Expect many more implementations as it develops.
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2015 13:51
okey dokey. anyway i have fireball in first person working a treat with a unsuspecting hand weilding it, very nice although the hand is glowing, i have re skinned one wizard so not all bad infact i guess while i await the chas updates i am happy making spell systems, i have a heap of ideas
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2015 22:21
although i can't adapt the fireball at all as in multiple versions i believe it is hard coded or something
Disturbing 13
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2015 06:58 Edited at: 21st May 2015 07:12
Quote: "i was hoping all the parts (x) would be none animated and you could bring your own made parts in and some how as long as you stay within the size and in correct x,y,z positions could attach then character creator would sew it all up and add the biped. "

I feel the same way. This would be a great way to truly customize your characters and get the most out of this useful idea. As it stands (I know it's a first draft) you kind of feel limited. Devs, please consider this suggestion as it could lead to a whole new era of character creation when us content creators get cracking on a whole slew of body parts. BTW, where are these parts located? I can't find them for the life of me.
EDIT: Found them!

science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2015 11:39
an idea to simplify the problem.

why not have a few template none animated body parts, man woman robed even maybe a skeleton anyway if you have the x file already in the correct place and we can then alter adapt the body mesh then we can save it, the mesh will then be able to be put into character creator and as the body part is in its correct pose you can attach the biped auto style. and then we have a not too complex version alternative for budding artists. we will know how uv map in our own programmes so i guess if you give a set of rules to follow then it is achievable, and maybe you could get some real different worlds going. it is a suggestion and not a demand etc. i have jumped in there quickly with this idea in case you were pondering if it was worth it. anyway thanks disturbing 13 and thanks to tgc. keep it up

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 18:09:54
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 18:09:54