Scripts / g_Entity[e]['health'] _____help!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2015 07:36 Edited at: 20th May 2015 20:09
HI there,

Someone else is having trouble with the script command g_Entity[e]['health'] and with the player start direction. (

This script that worked well before but does not work with the Last Updated 18/5/15.

The problem appears in the state[e] == 2, It seems that the motive is associated with the command g_Entity[e]['health']

I think the problem lies in the fact that the script is not able to obtain the health of the entity through the g_Entity[e]['health']
Someone else have this problem?

Thanx a lot for your time.
My little APOCALYPSE world My little APOCALYPSE world

dimoxinil
Years of Service
User Offline
I feel a little ignored This is a joke. I understand that this is a specific problem. No problem!
Another marvellous day with Game Guru ... This is also a joke!

synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Perhaps if you posted in the right section ( Script Board ) you may get a response rather than getting upset .
I will move you to the right section
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
dimoxinil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2015 20:11 Edited at: 20th May 2015 20:59
Quote: " Perhaps if you posted in the right section ( Script Board ) you may get a response rather than getting upset .
I will move you to the right section"

Great !!! confirmed ... It was a fun day! is it normal the moderators made these comments?

I think that's in very bad taste. I get the feeling that I am dealing with teenagers.

smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
i see no problem with the ['health'] call, are you sure the entity is getting activated by something? like a trigger zone etc?
or just change the first part to

*not sure why you reset it to 0 in the next part either but if it works....
life\'s one big game

windows vista ultimate

i5 @3.3ghz, 4gb ram, geforce gtx460, directx 11
dimoxinil
Years of Service
User Offline
hi smallg,

this is a entity that could explode, In this way the entiy cannot exploit until it have been activated.

Thank you for your support. i'll try your suggestion.

Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2015 21:08 Edited at: 22nd May 2015 16:31
Sorry you feel the mod was being unhelpful. When he moved it over there, you got an almost instant response. Maybe he did you a favor.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit

The Next
TGC Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2015 21:09 Edited at: 20th May 2015 21:12
Quote: "Great !!! confirmed ... It was a fun day! is it normal the moderators made these comments?

I think that's in very bad taste. I get the feeling that I am dealing with teenagers."

You waited not even 24 hours before posting a follow up message, which was not needed. The mods are very busy and I doubt synchromesh meant any harm by his message, sometimes things come across very differently than intended. You should know better about posting in the wrong location having been a TGC user since 2006, it could have been a reason why your message was not answered by people that could help, posts in the right location get answered much faster.

Lets leave it at that and move on, I doubt it will happen like this again
Windows 7 Pro, Intel i7 3.8 GHz (Passmark: 9021), 16GB DDR3, NVIDIA GTX 780 4GB Superclocked (Passmark: 8056)
PM
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2015 21:29
@dimoxinil : Coming from someone who's mission it is to wipe out 'upset' in all forms and flavors, is there anything we can do better next time to have resolved your query? Perhaps a paid email system that could respond to your concerns under 24 hours? I think it's reasonable for a public forum post to sit for a day before being responded to with the information you needed. Also, did the answer work out for you? Remember our moderators are volunteers and do this because they are passionate about game making and want to help, and synchromesh was definitely helping you by moving you to the place where script related questions are answered. You would have been helped eventually, but asking within the script section would have yielded an answer within your 24 hour window.
PC SPECS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, Intel Core i7 920 (PASSMARK:5008), NVIDIA Geforce 9600 GT GPU (PASSMARK:752) , 6GB RAM

dimoxinil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2015 18:30 Edited at: 25th May 2015 18:38
A kid having a tantrum !

It is the best way to define my behavior . Yes, There's no doubt .

This entities that worked well before but does not work with the v1 Updated . At first, I thought it was a script problem related to the v1 updated. I sensed that the problem was related to the Entity health...... And that's when the Dimoxinil madness begins.

The problem affects considerably the game playability... (You have to understand that My little APOCALYPSE world is a big gamble for me, and suddenly I saw that the Game stops working.... Ufff!) After working a heap of hours in the game and a many Cups Of Coffee (many) came the whole Forum episode. A absolutely disproportionate reaction to the synchromesh comment, well... If I offended anyone, I apologize.

The most amusing of all is that The problem was not on g_Entity[e]['health'], and not in the sript (the script works perfectly) The problem was in the FPE file. By deleting the isimmobile = 1 from the FPE file, everything worked perfectly.

TGC have one small, further request... the clouds plane (skybank) is cut depending the camera distance. It could be seen, independent of the camera distance.

Happy development !!!

!nullptr
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2015 12:34
Quote: "The problem was not on g_Entity[e]['health'], and not in the sript (the script works perfectly) The problem was in the FPE file."

Which probably explains why no-one could spot your problem. I know I looked, several times, and couldn't spot a thing. The errr... cough... volatility made me less inclined to pursue it.

Since it's fixed now... All good.
Development/ Gaming Rigs
Sys 1: i7-4770 (3.5)/16Gb/128 SSD/3Tb/970gtx/2 x 23, 1 x 27 LCD - Sys 2: i7/8Gb/670gtx/1.5Tb/1 x 23 LCD - Sys 3: Amd Quad/8Gb/645gtx/1Tb/30" LCD
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 06:48:04
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 06:48:04