Scripts / Player Entity & Camera FOV questions

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 12th May 2015 19:01
Good evening.

I've been trying to apply the MoveForward(e,v) command to the Player entity.. which I'm unable to find. Perhaps such an entity doesn't exist and there's some other way of re-positioning the player in-game that I'm not aware of? g_PlayerPosX etc are read-only variables, right?

Also, is there a way to change the Camera FOV setting using scripts in-game? As in, setting it without the windows summoned by pressing tab twice.

Thank you in advance.
PM
GoDevils
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2015 22:41
At this point the player is not a character or entity, and therefore one cannot control the Player through scripting. There is a script out there titled "FlyCam" (you can find it here in the script forum) that effectively attaches the player to another entity (using TransportTo) and as you move the entity the player also moves, but movement and control is limited.

The player FOV (field of view) can be adjusted by running the game test, and then hitting the tab key twice. One of the sliders will adjust the FOV.

They have announced a new 3rd person view coming soon, and eventually scripted control of the the Player/Camera.

Hope this helps
"THERE IS NO SPOON"

AMD 6300 6 core 3.5 ghz, Windows 8.1, 8GB ram, GTX 650 2GB ram

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-07 09:09:29
Your offset time is: 2024-05-07 09:09:29