3rd Party Models/Media Chat / Diffuse extras

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I am working on converting a few models to Game Guru, and the trouble i have come across is that there are 3 different Difuses that are tied to one image, and i do not know what to do to either merge them, or find a way to use them together.

If i can just avoid it and only use one, could you tell me which Difuse should be used out of a choice of three.

It is things like grey/green/pink for the three different Difuses.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks ahead
So when you said jump, did you mean now
PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2015 18:15
if these are used with objects then they may be 3 colors supplied for switching out the color of those objects.

Now if these were for segment walls or floors, then they could be tiled slightly different to avoid the repeat similarities, of painting many of the same segment in a row. they may have name_a_d2.dds, name_b_d2.dds, name_c_d2.dds if this is the case.

In either case pick the texture you want and label it in the fpe file and it should use that one.

Unless it is a multi texture object, in which case leave the names the way they are and copy them all to the GameGuru folder you are storing them to.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit

Noktavian
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks myke,

I looked into it, and they are 3 different types of color. For a character i saw it as strange to have 3 diffuse mappings.

Quick with a joke or to light up a smoke, lol
PM
Noktavian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2015 20:14 Edited at: 2nd May 2015 20:24
As to continue instead of posting another thread, and I am not sure if this has been talked about in the forums, did not sift through.

Animations are in what format, and where do I save them to.

As well, what are the character models consistant of, and can I convert a prefab to the model culling in game guru. found some assets that I would love to put into my game of charaters and animations

In addition, what should I do to make scenery from a prefab into a model ready for Game Guru...Once again sorry if it has been discussed, was just needing to find out how so that I may begin my conversions.

Last but not least, particals, is there a way to switch them over as well...from a prefab format. And would I have to bring the script with it. The scripts and coding is all in .cs, not sure if that matters

So that I get it straight, is prefab .fbx. If so that should save a good bit of a lesson, as well as be well informative. Still need the other questions though as to what to convert to and where.

This is a very lengthy Inqusition, just call it the eradication of ignorance...see what I did there...lol

Thank you ahead of time.
PM
Noktavian
Years of Service
User Offline
ignore if you can about the prefabs, just saw that those are unique to one engine, it was the meshes i was after.

the rest is still viable
PM
AuShadow
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2015 08:38
Just on the .fbx that is a mesh file its just a different file type like .x or .obj, but for guru it will need to be converted to .x
PC Specs: Windows 7 home 64-bit, Amd 7900 3gb DDR5 graphics, 8gb DDR3 Ram, Intel i7 3.4ghz

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 10:08:00
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 10:08:00