3rd Party Models/Media Chat / Wolfs archaeological digsite [Old Models Rediscovered]

Author
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2015 22:36
Hey there community.

First off: No, this is no new pack about an archaeological digsite, sorry if I got your hopes up in case you have a project like that.
I have been digging through my external HDDs searching for an old textureset I made a couple of years ago...haven't found it but I came across something else. 3 years ago I made a full set of rigged weapons for a discontinued project of mine. It didnt work out with FPSCreator back then limiting the scale of my levels down and ultimately combusting under the amount of scripts so I saved the work over to my HDD and forgot I ever went through the pain of making them. Its eeriee really coming across something that was so much work yet I didn't remember having them. Of course, it all resurfaced once I found them and I decided to share them with you. Keep in mind that all of these are very old designs and have been made at a time where I just picked up modeling. Its remarkable how dedicated I was back then getting them all through the rigging process. Some even have shadermaps.

Why are these so odd? Well, the game was set in the far future, on a world that has been stripped of all weaponry by a totalitarian government and has been abandoned. The remaining population has then "rediscovered" weaponry or found missing stocks or old blueprints which resulted in a mix-and-match kind of arsenal. Some look like ww2 gear, others modern, others futuristic.

The SMG for the enemie forces. It had a holographic sight but sadly I didn't save any of its textures.

A pistol! The sights don't look all too well...but I'm just not going to show you that

Archetypical AR15 style AR...modeled in laser...very crude

A bullpup based off ...I think it was a chinese design.

The scarabeus SMG... main weapon of the resistance force.

The LCAR. A lightweight large caliber assault rifle.

The Anathol SMG...the gauge in the back was supposed to show the remaining amount of ammo...but there was and is no way for me to pull that off.

I didn't put these in the 3d bazaar because the bazaar represents recent work and things that are for sale. This is more for sharing purpose than anything and I hoped some of you found them interesting. I will update this thread because I remember having made more...even rigged to EAI's animation. I'm not sure where there are or if I even saved them but if I find them, I'll update this thread!

Lemme know what you think! Wolf over and out

-Wolf
"When I contradict myself, I am telling the truth"
"absurdity has become necessity"
79% Sale on my latest Scifi Modelpack. Get it here!
darimc
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2015 19:29
For old models, these still look pretty good! Would be nice to see what they look like in the engine too.
Your signature has been erased by a mod, please resize it to no larger than 600 x 120.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 10:19:55
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 10:19:55