Product Chat / Building Maker like FPS Creator ?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2015 10:50
I've noticed that you can only put pre-made buildings into the game. In the first FPSC, it was a worse interface, but you could create a building. I noticed there were no floor or wall textures. I haven't checked, but I'm pretty sure you can't swap between "layers" in this version. So, if there is any way for a building-creating feature to be added to FPSCR, that would be awesome! Thoughts?
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2015 10:56
Hello and welcome to 2 years ago!

...I'm just pulling your leg Welcome to game guru.

FPSC used to have a segment system to create levels. Guru will have a built in system called the "construction kit". This has not been integrated yet but will follow.

If you wish to have indoor architecture now you will have to model it in exterior software. (cartography shop is free). I do however recommend just waiting for the conkit.

-Wolf

"When I contradict myself, I am telling the truth"
"absurdity has become necessity"
79% Sale on my latest Scifi Modelpack. Get it here!
Errant AI
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2015 11:18
The layer system has been replaced with a multi-axis grid system. By pressing [B] in in editor it will toggle through different snap and grid modes for entity placement. It will display in the lower right of the editor which mode you are in. There are 5-unit and 100-unit grid snaps available and this includes the vertical direction as well. It takes some getting used to and isn't as simple but it offers more freedom than what classic had. It's still a bit of a work in progress though, so it can be easy to overshoot the layer level you are intending. This will be improved over time. When the conkit is eventually out, it will simplify building certain types of structures.
Gigabyte P67A-UD4-B3, Intel Core i7 2600K, 16GB Corsair DDR3, EVGA GTX 970 SC, Win7 Pro 64-bit SP1, Primary monitor @ 1920x1080, secondary monitor @ 1024x1280
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2015 21:17
We also plan to release a series of 'building materials' which range from floors, walls, whole rooms and whole building parts that snap together, all using the existing entity editing system. We did some prototyping around the idea of creating buildings from smaller blocks but it was a lot of work to get even one building created, and the end result was pretty basic. A better idea would be plenty of finely-crafted building pieces that can be clicked together to form both simple and complex structures that looks much much better than those created one breeze block at a time.
PC SPECS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, Intel Core i7 920 (PASSMARK:5008), NVIDIA Geforce 9600 GT GPU (PASSMARK:752) , 6GB RAM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-08 18:54:07
Your offset time is: 2024-05-08 18:54:07