Scripts / Two scripts

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey guys

I'm currently working on making a "trap" that when the player enters a zone two zombies will spawn. i tried using the spawnwhenclose script on a trigger zone then put "if used" "zombie1" which is the name of my two zombies. However it's not working if anyone know how to do this properly please tell me

The other one and that's a bit more complex i guess. I bought the RPG script from the store, and i got it to work correctly however i want to add so enemies drop copper which then can be used at the vendor.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2015 23:20 Edited at: 21st Apr 2015 23:35
Yes quite easy....You don't need to alter any script .... Place a trigger zone ....place a zombie ( Slow Zombie 3 ).. select zombie properties and make sure " Spawn at start " is set to no..
Type ...Slow Zombie 3 ...in the " If Used " panel of the trigger zone.....

( Note....You can then hold Shift and extract that zombie as many times and wherever you like if you want more )
That will then spawn the Zombie or Zombies when you walk in the trigger zone ....

Hope that helps
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
Mathiasdam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2015 14:16 Edited at: 22nd Apr 2015 14:43
Hmmm but that was already what i tried... However now I know i'm close to get it to working! Thanks a lot!!

Mod Edit due to double post: (22.04.2015):

Okay got it to work now... however the zombie is invisible...Do you know a cause to why that may be ?
PM
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2015 14:46
Hello!

Quote: "however the zombie is invisible...Do you know a cause to why that may be ?"

This might be a shader issue!! Is the zombie completely invisibile or just transparent/see through?
Does this problem persist on all quality settings (Tab -> Entitie Shader quality settings)?

On a side not: Please don't doube post (post twice in a row) unless you want to update/bump your thread. Use the edit button (below your Username on the left side of the post) instead.

-Wolf
"When I contradict myself, I am telling the truth"
"absurdity has become necessity"
79% Sale on my latest Scifi Modelpack. Get it here!
Mathiasdam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2015 20:58 Edited at: 22nd Apr 2015 21:13
Will try with different settings now, didn't think about that. But no it's completely invisible
Okay sorry didn't know will do from now

edit: tested it now with different shaders and still invisible

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2015 21:11
Quote: "The other one and that's a bit more complex i guess. I bought the RPG script from the store, and i got it to work correctly however i want to add so enemies drop copper which then can be used at the vendor. "

I'd contact the author of the script directly

As far as that Zombie problem goes: Are you trying this in a coop/multiplayer map? It has been observed that if a person triggers a zombie in multiplayer, it is visible for said person but not for the other players...perhaps this is related?

Quote: "Will try with different settings now, didn't think about that. "

Thanks! let me know if this changes anything.

Quote: "spawnwhenclose script on a trigger zone "

Spawnwhenclose should be used on an object, as it spawns [thing] whenever the player gets close to said object.
plrinzone spawns when the player is in the actual zone. ...but that shouldnt be related to the invisible zombie. Also: Does this occur with different zombies aswell?

-Wolf
Mathiasdam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2015 21:15 Edited at: 22nd Apr 2015 21:20
No this is completely singleplayer

I tried with the assasin entity too and it was the same result, but i can try with the plrinzone, maybe that will do it

Edit: it works now using plrinzone !!! thank you so much!!
PM
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2015 21:23
Good to hear!!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 10:04:10
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 10:04:10