Product Chat / remove stats from game screen ?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
is there a way to remove all stats and such from the screen ?

my 'newest' idea is ....to make the character pretty much immortal, but make the level hard - you never finish a game, it just gets harder. good for things like jumping puzzles, and infinite monster type games also - so infinite lives, infinite ammo makes the stats irrelevant and take up screen real estate where I'd rather show more immersive art.

aside from this, i want to be able to make machinima movies in the game - stats shouldn't be on the screen and should be more of a movie mode. Also, maybe some filming tools like the GTA V editor ? where you can have it recording movements, then revisit the recorded segments and set new camera angles and lighting of your live action play, for movie renders. ( to avi or mp4 )

Cheers!
PM
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Yh there's a command Hidehud() or something similar, you can find it in the global.lua

Don't think you can technically set unlimited ammo but you could just keep adding some to the player (without sound and huds that would seem like the same really)

Its possible to have endless monsters but you would need to use a recycling effect rather than new ones as you can't "create" things that don't exist in the editor (I.e. no clone or such)

I highly doubt the film stuff can be done but maybe.
life\'s one big game

windows vista ultimate

i5 @3.3ghz, 4gb ram, geforce gtx460, directx 11
noob-i-am
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2015 06:10 Edited at: 19th Apr 2015 06:35
ahh, thank you smallg, that sounds like a simple enough edit - and yeah, i noticed the infinite ammo dilema, i suppose i can just max out the ammo and refresh on check points with stock piles.

I'm afraid to ask about making a re-spawn monster multiplier to increase difficulty - 1 map that just gets harder with each npc respawn. I'm 99.9% sure it involves some advanced lua code ...which i'm sidestepping like a mouse avoiding a rabid cat farm. I'm just doing thought excersizes of what kind of simple and quick projects I can make without being sidetracked with technical jargon and tutorials. so much to do, so little time...so i'm choosing my battles lol.

plus I'm sharing my thoughts in hopes of giving the developers a perspective of a non-game developer interested in making machinima with gg. the graphics in this engine are really nice for dx9, and you guys would do well with that audience - especially since it's laptop friendly. I'm on a desktop, but a majority of people who would do simple machinimas are on laptops.
PM
Errant AI
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2015 07:33
For unlimited ammo, find the weapon's folder in

game guru\files\gamecore\guns

and then locate the gunspec.txt inside and open in notepad.

somewhere near the beginning you will find a setting for reload=x where x is the number of shots it can hold.

reloadqty = -1

will give unlimited ammo. and the player will never reload or run out of ammo. This is typically used for melee weapons. If you want the player to still need to reload but not run out of reserve ammo, you will need to script that up as smallg suggested.
Gigabyte P67A-UD4-B3, Intel Core i7 2600K, 16GB Corsair DDR3, EVGA GTX 970 SC, Win7 Pro 64-bit SP1, Primary monitor @ 1920x1080, secondary monitor @ 1024x1280
noob-i-am
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2015 08:54 Edited at: 19th Apr 2015 08:59
Thank You Errant AI that seems simple enough and greatly increases options for simple game ideas. I usually play mmo rpg games where you never really die, you just go back to a starting point and don't advance if you don't complete the challenge, this may help increase re-playability value - also the concept behind the spawn multiplier - where the monsters either come back as more ...or stronger...so each lap you complete of the level gets progressively harder. It seems like a simple enough game concept for someone like me that's never made a game before. Then I can spend more time focusing on the aesthetics of the level than the mechanics. and the players goal would be top score as opposed to finishing a game.
PM
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2015 13:30
Good info! Thank you!
MAME Cab PC: i7 4770@3.4Ghz (passmark 9945), 12GB RAM, Win 8.1/64, GeForce GTX645 (passmark 1898); Shiny new laptop: i7 4800MQ@2.7Ghz (passmark 8586), 16GB RAM, Win 8.1/64, GeForce GTX870M (passmark 3598); Old laptop: i5@2.3Ghz, 8GB RAM, Win 7/64, Intel 3000 graphics
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-09 01:15:48
Your offset time is: 2024-05-09 01:15:48