Product Chat / How to optimize?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey how can I optimize my game guru map so like it doesn't drop massive fps when I edit it and when I play it.
PM
Errant AI
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2015 08:13
What are your system specs?

There are several great pointers in this thread and elsewhere around these boards which you can pick up tips on spawning certain entities in/out to improve performance.
Gigabyte P67A-UD4-B3, Intel Core i7 2600K, 16GB Corsair DDR3, EVGA GTX 970 SC, Win7 Pro 64-bit SP1, Primary monitor @ 1920x1080, secondary monitor @ 1024x1280
PolitePeanuts
Years of Service
User Offline
I need it so that the entities either have bad quality when seen far away or my second option (one I already did) is that I set my fog pretty intense and lowered the camera distance. But with my second option if I am in the editor that won't work because fog doesn't show up in editor. I can go free cam and lower the camera distance but I am looking for my first option. If you think you can help me out on this then it would be a lot easier over skype or some sort of voice chat (team speak, team viewer, skype screen share (I would be sharing my screen) raid call)

I made it so in game the fog is pretty intense so I can lower the camera distance but does automatically set it like that for everyone else who loads my map?
PM
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Whatever settings you set as default will be saved with your game, so users should experience it as intended.

There are a few options to help speed things up, but it really depends on your PC spec.

Be sparing when dropping trees down. They will slow things if you attack the level with the spray tool. try to use as few as you can get away with. Certain trees may slow things more than others, so try to avoid using those a lot.

If your map does not have water, turn it off using the sliders menu after hitting tab twice. you can also hide it when you are out of range if you do have water in your level. There is a default script for that included with Game Guru.

You can also hide the terrain and water in indoor scenes for extra speed.

For an way to speed up the system with a slow video card you can change the setup file to reduce the texture size value. This will force the textures to a smaller size.

dividetexturesize=1 - change this to a higher number to reduce the texture size.

You can also change the reflection size and such.

There's more but most is covered in the thread mentioned already.

SPECS: Q6600 CPU. Nvidia 660GTX. 8 Gig Memory. Win 7.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-08 07:20:04
Your offset time is: 2024-05-08 07:20:04