Product Chat / All default MODERN DAY weapons upgraded by ErrantAI (better guns)

Author
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Can someone be more exactly what is done or what other people think? I can not see much difference and this can even be imagination. The only thing I see is the uzi bug I decribed here: https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/211669

Waiting for opinions

My dream is to develope games, which makes fun when I create it and fun when other people play it.
PM
HarryWever
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2015 22:16
well i have this bug also, no sound low sound and sometimes no sound
I will take a better look at the weapons.
Harry
PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2015 22:28
the uzi now has an alternate mode. Single shot. Press V on the keyboard and press the fire button only one shot. press V again for automatic. Yes we noticed the sounds also and are checking into it.

Also the weapons will be able to have melee attack for when you want to use it. the animations are not in the modern day guns yet, But you have seen the video by now. that will be with the left alt key.

Thanks for reporting.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit

Errant AI
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2015 09:14 Edited at: 17th Apr 2015 11:30
Heyas-

The recent changers were limited to gunspec tuning. At a glance there is no visual difference.

The goal of this update was to give each weapon more of a unique feel and to help with balancing and increase the skill cap little bit.

Here's a rundown of what has changed....

Ejecting brass has been added to all appropriate weapons (uzi, shotgun, sniper). 1911 already had brass.
- You now have four total stock brass options when setting up weapons: brass45 (.45 cal brass), brass9 (9mm NATO brass), brass12 (12 gauge shotshell), brass 308 (7.62mm NATO brass)

For all weapons, accuracy, range and recoil have been set.
The setting values which were being used for accuracy were inherited from X9/Classic and GG requires much higher value inputs for the same desired effect. This is why pretty much none of the weapons have had bullet spread until now. They were all lasers. Many had no recoil or completely returned to the original point of aim after. All non-flak weapons which are capable of sprint-shooting now are less accurate when sprinting. All weapons have had their range increases significantly. There is still damage drop-off so sniping with a weak weapon isn't the best idea but it should make it feel less like you are shooting blanks.

- For all affected weapons (The hand grenade was untouched as it was OK as it was), the Gunspecs have been reformatted and with their settings grouped in more logical and consistent formats to make editing and understanding them a little easier.

All weapons now have more diverse movement and turning characteristics (handling feel).
-Grenades, and pistols allow the player to move and turn at 100% rate. Uzi, shotgun and Sniper moves at 90% speed and turns at 100%. RPG moves at 50% speed, turns at 60% speed and jumps at 50% speed. RPG moves slightly faster (60%) when the weapon is empty.
-When Aiming Down Sights (ADS), pistols move faster than before at 70% (used to be 50%) and turn much faster at 70% (used to be 20%) speed. This makes them much more desirable to use when on the move.
-In ADS, Uzi now turns faster at 50% (used to be 20%) making it more agile for tracking moving targets.
-In ADS, Shotgun now turns faster at 60% (used to be 20%) making it more agile for tracking moving targets.
-In ADS, Sniper now moves slower at 30% (used to be 50%).
-In ADS, RPG now moves slower at 40% (used to be 50%) and turns slightly faster at 30% (used to be 20%) but is still overall slower because these percentiles are calculated from the already slower turning and movement speeds.
- All weapons which can be reloaded now also have assigned speed reductions while reloading. In most cases speed is reduced to 50% of the maximum weapon speed while reloading. For the RPG it is nearly stationary when reloading. Combined with manual reloading for all weapons, tactical reloading and ammo awareness are now skill factors which add depth to gameplay.
- All reloads now default to manual (you must press [Reload] to reload).
- All ADS weapons now have breathing sway which can be momentarily steadied by pressing [Q] by default.

The 1911 and Uzi are now capable of jamming although it is a rare occurrence and very rare with the 1911. If the weapon becomes jammed, press [Reload] to fix the jam. This mostly only occurs with the UZI when dumping several mags in full-auto without ever letting up on the fire button.

- 1911 now allows for a chambered round increasing maximum ammo capacity to 8 shots (7+1)
- 1911 Reload speed increased to 130%

- Uzi now has an alt-fire mode (semi-auto) which is useful for conserving ammo. It is also a bit more accurate when hip-firing.
- Uzi has had it's magazine capacity extended to 25 rounds plus one chambered round for up to 26 total (25+1).
- Uzi now has more pronounced spread and recoil when hip firing but is still manageable and accurate when ADSing.
- Uzi reload speed has been increased to 150%

- Sniper magazine size has been reduced to 5 (from 6) but now allows for a chambered round. The maximum capacity is still 6 (5+1).
- Sniper damage has been decreased to 90 (from 150) so it will no longer one-shot-kill at short range. However, the range has been much increased so the damage should be more consistent over range. This will return to a one-shot weapon when headshots are introduced.
- Sniper can no longer be fired while sprinting.
- Fixed a bug on Sniper where part of the reload sound was heard after shooting while in ADS.
- Fixed a bug where the Sniper barrel would be visible in ADS if using a high weapon FOV setting.

- Shotgun magazine size has been reduced to 5 (from 6) but now allows for a chambered round. The maximum capacity is still 6 (5+1).
- Shotgun can no longer be fired while sprinting.
- Shotgun is now more effective at distance because it's range has been increased to help mitigate damage drop-off but of course spread will be greater at range making it more difficult to hit with multiple pellets at once.

- RPG can no longer be fired while sprinting.

- Magnum reload speed has been increased to 150%

As for gunshot audio...
- The uzi now uses a fire sound which is an individual gunshot which is overlapped during firing. Before it was using a sound which had several gunshots stringed together in one .wav file. This caused issues with timing and truncation as the sound immediately cut off when the gun stopped firing in full-auto. There is still some lead and tail clipping happening. On some systems this may be more pronounced than on others and this is something that will need to be sorted out with the audio code....

Below, I have attached a video showing how the weapon sounded to me in 026 (they sound the same for me in 027). If it is different for you, please tell us your system specs including sound processing device and framerate.

If you have any questions just ask!

Best,
EAI

EDIT: The new Uzi fire.ogg was not included in the update. Until it is in patched in, copy the attached file to game guru\files\gamecore\guns\modern\uzi
Gigabyte P67A-UD4-B3, Intel Core i7 2600K, 16GB Corsair DDR3, EVGA GTX 970 SC, Win7 Pro 64-bit SP1, Primary monitor @ 1920x1080, secondary monitor @ 1024x1280

Attachments

Login to view attachments
HarryWever
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2015 09:59
For me only the uzi sound is complete different.

my specs
windows 7 64 bit
I7 3.6 32 gb memory.
sound
Realtek high definition audio
Video nvidia gtx 960

Harry
Harry
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "For me only the uzi sound is complete different."

Its not just you .... me as well ....its being investigated

The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
Errant AI
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2015 10:45
Hi Harry,

I have done some investigating and think I have found the sound problem. It appears the new fire.ogg was not included in the update!

What people have been reporting as muffled/truncated sounds may actually be hearing surface impact sounds and thinking they are the gunshots.

Copy the attached fire.ogg into gamecore\guns\modern\uzi and see if it fixes things.

If you are not seeing brass ejecting from weapons when it should AND the brass 45/9/308/12 folders are indeed in gamecore\brass then take a look around at the ground when shooting. There is currently a bug where the brass spawn location breaks from being on the gun and the brass will start coming out of the ground. Perhaps where the player was spawned or where the player last was when it broke.
Gigabyte P67A-UD4-B3, Intel Core i7 2600K, 16GB Corsair DDR3, EVGA GTX 970 SC, Win7 Pro 64-bit SP1, Primary monitor @ 1920x1080, secondary monitor @ 1024x1280

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2015 11:36
Errants improvments are pretty good and make for an allround better handling: However: When I pick up the shotgun, I can clearly see shells being ejected. However, when I cycle through the weapons, the colt does no longer eject cartridges, nor do I see the magazin (magazine ?) while reloading. The shells also disappear from the shotgun. I think I botched the sentence but I hope you'll understand anyway

-Wolf
"When I contradict myself, I am telling the truth"
"absurdity has become necessity"
79% Sale on my latest Scifi Modelpack. Get it here!
Errant AI
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2015 12:01 Edited at: 17th Apr 2015 12:02
@ Wolf

Quote: "If you are not seeing brass ejecting from weapons when it should AND the brass 45/9/308/12 folders are indeed in gamecore\brass then take a look around at the ground when shooting. There is currently a bug where the brass spawn location breaks from being on the gun and the brass will start coming out of the ground. Perhaps where the player was spawned or where the player last was when it broke."

I haven't been able to track down the cause of this bug other than it only happens when the map contains more than one weapon with ejecting brass. The brass are spawning just not out of the gun... rather they are popping out of the ground somewhere. If anyone can figure out how to narrow down reproduction of the bug further it will help the devs to isolate and fix it.

You never really see the magazine on the colt unless you have a high weapon FOV setting. That should not have been affected in any way by the update.
Old Larry
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2015 14:14 Edited at: 17th Apr 2015 14:15
So, we can find all those guns improvements at v 27 ?!? Need to go for upgrading because I still have the v26...
Good upgrade
Smile today, tomorrow could be worse

http://bestradiolarry.ro/fpsarea/

"The best forum, game software, operating system or web platform, it's that software which can give you most of the features and speed, not just amazing graphics."
HarryWever
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2015 17:59 Edited at: 17th Apr 2015 18:02
Yes i copied the fire.ogg. and it was indeed not in the folder.
Now it worked and i have sound.
edit
and the brass is coming out out of the gun, as it should be

Harry
Harry
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 00:44:42
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 00:44:42