Product Chat / GameGuru V1.00.024 is released

Author
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2015 16:32 Edited at: 9th Apr 2015 16:33
Here's a new version of GameGuru for you all! After eating our Easter eggs and resting our coding brains we're back at our desks improving GameGuru!

We've made a number of improvements to the editor and we've added more weapons features which will enable artists to create more dynamic guns for GameGuru. A new and exciting feature is the Multiplayer co-op support in this version. So lots to get your teeth into!

Competition
We're reaching out to our creative community and asking them to create some template levels that will become starter maps for new GameGuru users in the future. There are 30 prizes up for grabs. You can read all about it here; GameGuru Competition #5

Editor
There's a big change in the way entities are now placed down. An entity is placed into the scene with a left click, there is no extra copy left on the cursor. If you do want to place multiple copies down then use SHIFT and left click. At any time you can press the Delete key to remove the entity from the mouse. We have implemented this so that the Right Mouse Button is always available for Free Flight mode.

Other Editor changes;

Allowed free flight mouselook even when entity has been selected by cursor
When pressing F after moving from center, the view will correctly zoom into current location
When moving an entity under the terrain, substitute with a wireframe marker so it doesn't get lost and can be edited
In right mouse button mode, there's no longer a shift in the entity attached to the cursor
The free flight mode is now reset when a new level is loaded
GameGuru no longer responds to keys when the main IDE does not have focus
Widget now appears at the point of clicking, not the entity centre
Added new TUTORIALS menu in main IDE for direct links to getting started videos

Multiplayer Co-op mode
Now you can create co-op games with GameGuru! All you need to do is create a level that has eight multiplayer start markers that are all set to the same team. Then add some enemy bot characters and run Multiplayer mode. The game will be hosted and run as a co-op level. When all the enemies are killed then the game will end and you'll see a results screen to see how well each player did.

We've also made it impossible for AI Bots to hurt each other in both single and multiplayer modes.

There are no co-op levels at this time. We will be running a competition within the community very soon to get some made.

The GameGuru Lua scripting language has had these commands added to it;

GetCoOpMode() - it returns 1 if co-op mode is active.
GetCoOpEnemiesAlive() - returns the number of enemies still alive in the game

Test Level Mode

Removed debug log entry when loading LM based levels (loading speed-up)
Software now saves AI obstacle data generated in test game for faster loading. With this change The Big Escape on one dev PC used to take 72 second to load, now down to 40 seconds
Added a prompt when pressing E in F9 mode when there are no entities in the level
When using an entity that has a SCALE value, allow F9 mode to place at the right size
HUD IMAGE prompt no longer shows when F9 Edit mode is active

Zombies

Added extra script logic for melee/zombie attacks, need to now SEE the player
Changed Zombie scripts so they stop attacking if they cannot see player

Weapons

Added VWEAPTEX field to GUNSPEC to provide specific texture for held weapons
STATUSPANELCODE = 0-colt,1-magnum,2-uzi,3-shotgun,4-rifle,5-rpg,6-grenade,7-bow,8-mace,9-stone,10-sword
New STATUSPANELCODE=100 will force use of AMMO.PNG and ICON.PNG in gunfolder
Added zoomaccuracy, zoomaccuracybreathkey, zoomaccuracybreath, zoomaccuracyheld to GUNSPEC
zoomaccuracy; the amount of swaying the weapon makes during zoom mode
zoomaccuracybreathkey; the keystate code the weapon detects to steady the zoom accuracy sway
zoomaccuracybreath; the time in milliseconds the weapon can be steadied in one go
zoomaccuracyheld; the percentage of steadiness the weapon can be held motionless
The PUTAWAY sound effect for weapons is no longer cut short when swapping guns
Weapon Ammo Panel now flashes red in error when weapon is jammed
When collect weapon with ammo included, fixes double ammo for sharedammo types
When weapon is on the last bullet, now supports LAST START FIRE + LAST FINISH FIRE
When entering and exiting zoom with no bullets, EMPTY ZOOMTO/FROM anims now used
When switching TO/FROM ALT weapon mode, now supports empty variants of animation
i7-4770s 3.10ghz - Geforce GTX 650ti
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "We've also made it impossible for AI Bots to hurt each other in both single and multiplayer modes."

is that meant to say 'possible'?
life\'s one big game

windows vista ultimate

i5 @3.3ghz, 4gb ram, geforce gtx460, directx 11
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2015 17:57
No not yet, that will be in the future.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit

HarlsonRS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2015 18:59 Edited at: 9th Apr 2015 19:02
Quote: "Zombies

Added extra script logic for melee/zombie attacks, need to now SEE the player
Changed Zombie scripts so they stop attacking if they cannot see player "

is this usable in other AI scripts? i was looking for a way to do a "sneak" passage, but all i could ever change was the reaction radius AND the FoV of enemies, which did not achieve what i want...

well... i´ll take further details to the script section, if it´s possible at all

2nd: "place 8 MP spawns"... that means 8 player co-op max with a minimum of 1? or 2? or 8?
PM
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2015 20:20 Edited at: 9th Apr 2015 20:20
hmm didnt know they could hurt each other anyway except via explosions... and just tested that and they still die in explosions (which is good)

Quote: "is this usable in other AI scripts? i was looking for a way to do a "sneak" passage"

there's a script command to check if the player is visible or not
Quote: "if g_Entity[e]['plrvisible'] == 1 then"

^ this will tell them to do something if the player is visible to them
and it'll return 0 if he's not visible.
life\'s one big game

windows vista ultimate

i5 @3.3ghz, 4gb ram, geforce gtx460, directx 11
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2015 22:55
Using the scripts from one character to another presents the problem of the animations being out of sync, because the bipeds are different from one set of characters to another.

Zombie characters are range activated, Soldiers are waypoint driven, Fantasy are range, but the drunk can be both.

You can modify the scripts and change what they can do. there are already script made in the script board to do this. But they do not attack each other yet as they are. That is in a future update.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit

Old Larry
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2015 19:10 Edited at: 12th Apr 2015 05:15
How about "GameGuru V1.00.025 is released" ?!?
I've just downloaded right now from : http://steamcommunity.com/app/266310
Read here: http://steamcommunity.com/games/266310/announcements/detail/217638476099665908
Happy Easter to all there !
Smile today, tomorrow could be worse

http://bestradiolarry.ro/fpsarea/

"The best forum, game software, operating system or web platform, it's that software which can give you most of the features and speed, not just amazing graphics."
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2015 23:35
Hello Larry, Is something not working for you?

Old Larry
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2015 05:16 Edited at: 12th Apr 2015 05:18
All working fine for me, and I learn now how can I improve guns animations and huds.
Smile today, tomorrow could be worse

http://bestradiolarry.ro/fpsarea/

"The best forum, game software, operating system or web platform, it's that software which can give you most of the features and speed, not just amazing graphics."
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2015 13:08
Cool, great job.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 14:13:54
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 14:13:54