Free Models and Media / Dinosaurs

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2015 07:55

Hey everyone

I wanna do a dinosaur game but haven't seen any models out. Is there anyone out there making dinosaur models? I've seen 1 person but haven't seen updates in a while...
PM
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2015 12:30
Gtox has been working on a velociraptor that might even be gameguru ready out of the box some day...however, character creation for gameguru has not yet been all that easy. Improvments are on the way though. I remember BSP working on a T-Rex a while back but thats all I know.

This community is very productive and generous when it comes to affordable models. Here are some links to exterior sources until an easier and cheaper solution has been provided by our peers here:

CGTrader Dinosaurs (mid to high budget) These need to be made gameready which can be quite a chore and challenging!

Jurassic Park Style dinosaurs on turbosquid (mid budgeted pack, same as above otherwise)

Dexsoft Fantasy Dinosaur (low budget, easier to make gameready)

These are, of course, only recommended for advanced users and are also only here to give an idea what these kinds of models cost / require to be used.

-Wolf

"When I contradict myself, I am telling the truth"
"absurdity has become necessity"
79% Sale on my latest Scifi Modelpack. Get it here!
Bloodphart
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2015 13:07
Thank you for the info I have looked over the sites and is very helpful I might try one of the models next weekend see how it goes. I am looking forward to seeing all the great things this community is gonna make.
PM
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2015 19:21 Edited at: 7th Apr 2015 19:24
i can confirm gtox's velociraptor is ready and working, hopefully it'll appear in the store some time very soon
this is an earlier test video and it has been improved since but you get the idea

not much of a dinosaur game with only 1 type of dino though so maybe you can talk him into creating a few more
life\'s one big game

windows vista ultimate

i5 @3.3ghz, 4gb ram, geforce gtx460, directx 11
Bloodphart
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2015 21:37
That's awesome well Gtox I will pay for more dinosaurs if you make more! This dino looks really good ill have to message him. Thanks for the video
PM
Bloodphart
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2015 21:38
smallg do you know how to script the dino's so you can play them? I don't know anything about scripting unfortuneatly
PM
Gtox
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2015 15:04
I've been having some issues with the store upload system, so the raptor isn't up yet - hopefully soon to be fixed.
Bloodphart
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2015 10:27 Edited at: 10th Apr 2015 10:31
I bought this Raptor from this site

[href]http://www.3dmodels-textures.com/Raptor?search=raptor [/href]

and it doesn't have the right extension cause i put all the files in a dinosaur folder in the character folder couldn't see it and I have unity I just don't know how to convert it to the right extension whoch program do I need to convert? I also have blender too.
PM
Gtox
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2015 10:47
According the info on the site, it includes a directX file (.x). You can use GameGuru's object importer to import it into GameGuru (file->Import Object). You could also take an fpe file from an existing character and change the various names. Make sure to change the diffuse texture name to raptor_D.dds, so that GameGuru will recognise the normal and specular maps.
Bloodphart
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2015 13:12
I got it imported into the game but when it it showed the guide with the raptor the raptor was red and white and i was able to save and put 1 in my map but was not moving at all then I deleted everything and tried again and the raptor was the right color but now it wont save when i try to import it...sorry I am a huge n00b at this ive never done this before...do I have to script for him to move around and do his animations? I thought they would just be implemented right away?
PM
Gtox
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2015 13:57
You'll have to script it yourself, I'm afraid. You could try (as an experiment) using one of the zombie scripts (the animations won't work, but it should move around and attack). I'm not sure about matching the custom character animations to the zombie animations - it would be useful if this could be done in the fpe file, but I'm not sure if that's possible.
J_C
Years of Service
User Offline
If you take a zombie FPE like Gtox says and copy the content to your character's FPE file..
naming your model and textures in the correct places...
At the end of the FPE file there is a section for AI Aimations..

Try to find matching animations to the descriptions and change the Anim-frame numbers
to the numbers of your character animations.. leave blank any that are not present in your model..
I even add numbers to the blank ones ( to show the idle animation) just to see if something will move..
When you have all these filled in... then attach your character to the soldier or zombie script and see what happens..
Good luck..

PM
Bloodphart
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2015 06:07
Hmmm I really need to go to school for this stuff....i tried the pet.ula and didnt work I tried a zombie.ula for the raptor and changed the names and the raptor_d had 2 tails no body or head and was laying on the ground lol i have soooo much learning..Like i put the pet script in notepad and saved it as pet.ula and it was saved into the scriptbank and i tried it on a soldier and the soldier just stood there. I can make the levels fine just scripting is the hardest part to learn. Like I wanna make the raptor playable by other players that's my goal.
PM
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
you mean .lua right?
the soldier does stand still using pet.lua, you need to press e to tell him to follow when you get nearby (when you can see the prompt)

give it an animation list like this in the fpe
Quote: "
anim0 = 0-45; stand
anim1 = 46-226; idle
anim2 = 227-317; roar
anim3 = 318-363; attack1
anim4 = 364-409; attack2
anim5 = 410-425; hurt1
anim6 = 426-441; hurt2
anim7 = 442-464; run
anim8 = 465-507; death"

then try this script and tell me what you get
dino.lua

life\'s one big game

windows vista ultimate

Bloodphart
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2015 21:12
ok so I put that snippet into notepad saved as dino.lua put it into scriptbank and i imported the dino as dino and when i went into properties i put main AI as dino.lua and i tested the level and the dino only had 1 tail and 2 legs but they were mirrored it looks like. It was moving on the ground tho very very slowly

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM
Bloodphart
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2015 21:14
Am I sapposed to put numbers between the brackets?
PM
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
i'm not the best person to answer but i would say that's a model issue, do you have mender or something you can use to check it's .x format?
life\'s one big game

windows vista ultimate

Bloodphart
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2015 23:33 Edited at: 11th Apr 2015 23:34
I use the lod2.x cause the other ones which is dinoa.x and dinoa2.x when I go to import model the skin is red and white checker board so it covers my dino in it...lod2.x doesnt however I saved a dino skin from google images and applied it it seemed fine but didn't save..The dino even tho laying on the ground does move around I just wish I could get him to work properly. Am I sapposed to put the name of the dino as dino_d? i thought i read about you had to do it for it to game guru to recognize it? I had it as dino.
PM
Bloodphart
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2015 23:57
I have my raptor in my dropbox if someone wants to tinker with it? they can add me to steam....everytime I try to test the level it just falls down..
PM
Bloodphart
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2015 13:12
GTOX I bought your velociraptor works awesome looks great! Ill defineatly buy more from you if you are thinking of doing more dinosaurs Keep up the great work.
PM
Bloodphart
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2015 13:14 Edited at: 13th Apr 2015 13:23
I guess I can take the LUA change the names and see if that works on the raptor if its in pieces again I know its the model I see the dds files and I didn't have the _d at the end but also I never got the .dds files does that go into the folder after I import model?
PM
Gtox
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2015 07:18
If the model is haywire then there is not much you can do about it - the model itself need to be redone. A model can look fine in your modelling program, but you won't know if it works until you've tried it in the engine. Also, a model can be fine in one engine and cockeyed in another. If you get your models from the GameGuru store or from Synchromesh's free model site (http://www.gamegurufiles.co.uk/) you can be sure that they will work.
Bloodphart
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2015 15:41
Thanks yeah I scraped the other one and chose to go with yours, But I noticed you took it out of the store and put it back? Was there a few things you did to it? Cause I have noticed that they don't fall down when they die and when I try to shoot them with the rifle its hard to hit them other then that they are working pretty good
PM
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2015 16:00
Hey Bloodphart! Please keep in mind that posting multiple times in a row is frowned upon. Use the "edit" button instead of replying to yourself Thank you!

-Wolf
"When I contradict myself, I am telling the truth"
"absurdity has become necessity"
79% Sale on my latest Scifi Modelpack. Get it here!
Bloodphart
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2015 19:15
LOL I forgot to take my meds I guess sorry about Wolf
PM
Bloodphart
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2015 19:12
Do I have to put a script into the velicoraptor so I can play as it? or is that a feature in GG?
PM
Gtox
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2015 08:09
Quote: "Do I have to put a script into the velicoraptor so I can play as it? or is that a feature in GG?"

That's not a feature yet, but 3rd person view is coming soon, and then it will be possible.
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2015 03:24
I had a lot of fun In FPS Classic with dinosaur tests I worked on, thanks to the DARKAI commands it was fun watching a pack of raptors take out a swat team firing on them... it was also quite easy to get animations to load timely with the moments you desired. I'm so new to LUA its scary.. but I'd love to bring some of my dinos to life in GG but don't think i have the time to work on such scripts :/
i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce 420 GT

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 19:05:48
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 19:05:48