Scripts / Help need for "rescue_soldier.lua" script

Author
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2015 08:35 Edited at: 5th Apr 2015 09:24
I've used one good script from J_C for my character "prison_inmate" and works fine just until that soldier refuse to
cross the river and follow me using on the bridge. I have no clue where I did wrong.
Any help will be welcome
Here is the script:

the "Prisoner Soldier.fpe" file is attachet

See a little video with this character in action here:
Smile today, tomorrow could be worse

http://bestradiolarry.ro/fpsarea/

"The best forum, game software, operating system or web platform, it's that software which can give you most of the features and speed, not just amazing graphics."

Attachments

Login to view attachments
J_C
Years of Service
User Offline
Don't worry Larry... this is normal..

The characters at present...refuse to walk on top of object surfaces above terrain level...
Your bridge is treated like upper level of building..
If you built up the terrain under the bridge... then he might follow you across...
but that's not a good solution...
PM
Old Larry
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2015 11:27 Edited at: 5th Apr 2015 11:29
J_C wrote: "If you built up the terrain under the bridge... then he might follow you across...
but that's not a good solution..."

I agree, this isn't a good solution. Maybe in the new upgrade will be fixed this bridge to be treated like normal level of terrain.
I've already set "forcesimpleobstacle = 3" on the bridge fpe file.
Thanks for answer me

"The best forum, game software, operating system or web platform, it's that software which can give you most of the features and speed, not just amazing graphics."
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
i doubt because of the height as J_C says that it'll work but did you already try forcesimpleobstacle = 3 in the fpe file for the bridge?

dont think there's any fix except hard code in that part of the script to force him to move across i guess
life\'s one big game

windows vista ultimate

i5 @3.3ghz, 4gb ram, geforce gtx460, directx 11
Old Larry
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2015 14:25 Edited at: 5th Apr 2015 14:57
So, I've built up the terrain under the bridge (the height as J_C says), and I've already have set "forcesimpleobstacle = 3" on the bridge fpe file (as smallg says)...
My character "prison_inmate" still refuse to cross the river and follow me using on the bridge.
What else can I do to follow me that inmate ?!?

smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
to clarify, did you delete and replace the bridge after you changed the fpe or was there no need to change it?
life\'s one big game

windows vista ultimate

Old Larry
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2015 15:27 Edited at: 5th Apr 2015 15:54
All my entities used for walking : buildings, paves, roads, bridges already have the "forcesimpleobstacle = 3" on their fpe files.
And also I've erased always the dbo and the bin files after every new fpe modifications, the PC and the GG restarted too, so...all was at correct settings when I've made that last video.
Hint: see the new texture and scale of the prison gate charge (the timer bomb with C4) in the last video for you to be convinced about "all settings it's ok"...

Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2015 15:58
Characters will not walk up across any surface that is above there ankles right now, and that surface has to be at terrain level.

Characters will not walk on suspended object over a river or valley right now.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit

Old Larry
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2015 16:07 Edited at: 5th Apr 2015 16:12
Pirate Myke wrote: "Characters will not walk up across any surface that is above there ankles right now, and that surface has to be at terrain level.
Characters will not walk on suspended object over a river or valley right now."

Well, this is not good for game... we will must waiting for the GG to fix this.

smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
for now the terrain under the bridge has to be like this - it's a good idea to use autoflatten and then scale the bridge slightly bigger with the widget to match the new terrain size - i'm sure in future it'll get fixed

life\'s one big game

windows vista ultimate

Old Larry
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2015 16:29 Edited at: 5th Apr 2015 18:46
LOL, you really need a nurse to restore your health in your video example.
Good momentarily solution for my request smallg, until in the future the GG it'll get fixed !
btw: you must change your nick name from smallg to (the) "master of scripts", indeed

Later edit after I've test it:
@smallg your video example works correctly with AI_soldier.lua (Masked soldier, or other original AI) only, with my Prisoner Soldier.fpe (rescue_prisoner.lua) wasn't working.
So, maybe the problem is on the fpe or in lua script of my entity ? somewere in the "path" part of script:

Can you check-it please ?

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Old Larry
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2015 16:11
Working now as @smallg said "scale the bridge slightly bigger with the widget to match the new terrain size".
After I've rescaled to less the bridge, was all OK.
Many thanks for help !

smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
glad you got it working, always nice to see the maps you create... wish i had that energy for map creation
life\'s one big game

windows vista ultimate

HarlsonRS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2015 21:52 Edited at: 6th Apr 2015 21:53
lol yea...late to the party but i realized something similar with some "built from scratch" interior levels... at some places the npc´s wont follow me through a door frame...might be that there is an elevation in the doorframe...i thought maybe the doors were too narrow, but afaik they were original size...

so i guess i know now what i have to look for ...

(although hard to tell, because the ai is a little "clumsy" at moments^^)
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 08:12:20
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 08:12:20