Product Chat / GameGuru V1.00.023 is released.

Author
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2015 17:03 Edited at: 2nd Apr 2015 17:05
Hi all,

We have listened to your feedback and added lots of new exciting features which we're sure you'll enjoy, including;
Free flight editing mode
Story zone for playing videos
Improved Widget controls
Multiplayer maps from the recent competition
Import .3DS files (Sketchup Pro & Others)
IMPORTANT!
With the introduction of free flight mode we have had to change the way some controls work. The main one is the use of right mouse button to push terrain down, this is now operated with left mouse button and the SHIFT key. Press F1 in the main editor to view all the quick key information.

New Editor Free Flight mode!
When in entity mode, you can hold right mouse button to mouselook to view
When in entity mode, you can hold RMB and use W,A,S,D keys to move around in 3D
When moving in free flight camera mode, press SHIFT to speed up movement
When moving in free flight camera mode, press CONTROL to slow down movement
To exit free flight camera mode in the IDE, simply press G
To re-enter free flight camera mode in the IDE, simply press F (or use right click and mouse look)
Fixed issue of more distant entities being selected in main IDE editor when in Free Flight view
Fixed issue of free flight camera going under terrain ground height
Pressing F (free flight) from fresh run no longer messes up camera
Added limiter to free flight X angle so camera can avoid insane gimbal lock

Entity Widget

Widget Scaling of entities now avoids the 'bounce effect' for more control
Increased the relative speed of widget scaling for larger quicker scale changes
Added ratio based scaling to the XYZ mode of the Widget scaling
Biaxis handles and pointers of the widget now always face camera angle
When the widget core is out of the screen, the menu is auto hidden
Widget XY and YZ biaxis controls no longer shift when single clicked
Switched off detection of entities when in right mouse button mode
When moving, rotating or scaling using widget, UNDO and REDO now reverse last change
When clicking XYZ scale widget, entity no longer shifts size when clicked
Editor
Removed OPTIONAL VISUALS folder from entity properties - not used any more
When the user clicks ADD NEW ENTITY, instantly default to BARRELS instead of blank page
Changed Add New Entity to only expand top level CHARACTERS and BUILDINGS folders
Prevented a crash relating to entity highlighter system
Added support for basic importing of 3DS model files (Sketchup Pro & Others)
Tested Importer SKETCHUP->COLLADA->ONLINECONV->X
Selected entities no longer rotate when numerics 1-6 used in entity properties
When return from zoomed-in properties view, now restores clipping if in TAB 'inside' mode
Can no longer highlight an entity when cursor outside of editing window
F1 in IDE editor mode now works with new more responsive key detection system
Right Mouse + SHIFT now used for Alternative Terrain Editing modes
Slowed down the default raise/lower speed for terrain editing (no more SHIFT)
When click right mouse button without moving, cursor no longer jumps
Now remembers last subfolder when adding new entity with new tree view tweak
When select New Level, free flight view settings and mode are reset
"M" key now hides/shows markers from view
Grid system now works in the vertical (use page up/page down)
When placing entities, they find will find the best floor position (not just the terrain).
Added STORY ZONE to Markers category to allow video play back in game (WMV format only)

Now you can add story zones to play videos at key points during single player games.

Gameplay
Adjusted Zombie FPEs to ensure all characters foot plant properly on ground
Tested INVMOUSE=1 in SETUP.INI to ensure 'inverted mouse' feature works fine
Speed of player (set in player properties) now affects camera and footfall sync

Rendering Engine
Confirmed an issue that caused some entities not to occlude lightmap now work
Updated pre-bake entity renderer so HIGHEST produces better dynamic shadows
Test Level F9 Mode
Added weapons and ammo in F9 mode will now activate and work when exit F9 mode
Added code to ensure newly added characters in F9 mode come to life in game
When characters die, then press F9 twice, ragdoll characters stay dead
Weapons
FORCEZOOMOUT no longer depends on SIMPLEZOOM value in GUNSPEC, and will force unzoom
Re-fixed the issue of the dry fire repeating when gun shot finished
Fixed issue causing gun to freeze/disable when repeat test game and select again
Improved the BRASS45 textures ejected by the Colt 1911 thanks to ErrantAI
When specify a weapon under Start Marker, no longer wipes out ammo statistics

Multiplayer Maps
In this new build you'll find the winning multiplayer maps from the recent map making competition. We had a blast playing them and encourage you to try them out. If you need to link up with players then please join the GameGuru Multiplayer Steam Group here;
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/GameGuruTGCMP

LIMBO, one of the new multiplayer maps in this build.
New multiplayer map: Construction Destruction
New multiplayer map: Firing Range
New multiplayer map: Hide and Seek
New multiplayer map: LIMBO
New multiplayer map: The Crossing
i7-4770s 3.10ghz - Geforce GTX 650ti
JPH-GAMES
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2015 19:48
Hello everyone,
AZERTY keyboard, F1-F2-F3-F4 key and F9 inactive with V1.00.023, working with V1.00.022.
W8.1 64.
JPH-GAMES
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2015 20:31 Edited at: 2nd Apr 2015 21:04
Nothing works, I do not know to put entities.
I know load games but not modify

ok start after 3 Game Guru.
excuse me
F1-F2 etc ... does not work
Devcore35
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2015 20:58
Hello,

For me everything works except 1.00.023 "-" key that reduces the marker. This functioned forward 1.00.022.
I have a AZERTY keyboard being French.
I have not checked the F1-F2-F3-F4 and F9 as JPH-GAMES shows but I'll try.
PM
JPH-GAMES
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2015 21:06
ok start after 3 Game Guru.
excuse me
F1-F2 etc ... does not work
Devcore35
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2015 21:23
After testing I confirm that my side the F1 to F11 function correctly all
But the "-" is bugged out AZERTY keyboard.
Otherwise congratulations to TGC for this extraordinary work!
PM
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2015 21:49
Definitely, I will need some time to assimilate so many changes, and that's good, it means the machine still works.
Thanks TGC team for a great job!!!.

3com
Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 8.1 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics

PM
tomjscott
User Banned
Posted: 2nd Apr 2015 22:46
A huge thanks for the Free Flight 3D mode and Story Zone Videos. These have been needed for a long time. I will definitely upgrade to this version this weekend and give it a try.
System Specs: OS - Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1, CPU - AMD Phenom II X4 945, 3.0Ghz, RAM - 8Gb DDR3, GFX Card - 2048MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 640, FPSC-R Version - Beta 1.0085
JPH-GAMES
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2015 06:08
F1 ect ... problems solved, deactivate and reactivate F-Loock
thank you for the job.
Old Larry
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2015 09:48 Edited at: 3rd Apr 2015 09:49
All working fine at my PC, great updates !
I am happy now with sound footfall sync of player speed, and the story zone
Smile today, tomorrow could be worse

http://bestradiolarry.ro/fpsarea/

"The best forum, game software, operating system or web platform, it's that software which can give you most of the features and speed, not just amazing graphics."
TazMan
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2015 10:09
This Free Flight Mode is fantastic. A big boost to GameGuru. Thanks to the TGC Team for all there great work.

I can't wait to see what will come next
HP Pavilion Laptop, AMD A8-4555M APU with Radeon(tm) Graphics HD Graphics 1.6GHz, 8GB Memory, 64 Bit Operating System (Windows 8.1), 1 TB Hard Drive.

I've got something to say - It's better to burn out than fade away.
MadLad Designs
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2015 15:24
When in free flight mode, is it possible to look ahead and move up and down?

Also having a bit of trouble zooming in / out using the MMB, some times it does, some times it reduces the levels viewing area.

Image 2 is after I've tried zooming in using the MMB from image 1.
Check out my YouTube Gaming Channel: /user/MadLadDesigns

W7 Home 64-bit, Intel i5-3330 quad-core 3.20GHz, nVidia GTX660 2Gb, 8Gb ram

Attachments

Login to view attachments
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2015 15:35 Edited at: 3rd Apr 2015 15:40
@MadLad: The mouse wheel is used for clipping, in FF mode. You simply use the WASD keys (while holding the RMB) for zooming in and out, moving up and down and all around (move the mouse to the area you want to move). Use the bracket keys to move up and down. Check out this page for more info and instructions on FF Mode: http://steamcommunity.com/games/266310/announcements/detail/217637663818060793
Intel Core i7-4820K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770
PM
TexMan
Years of Service
User Offline
I MUST say, outstanding job to TGC for this release, probably the best one yet! However, I just have 1 quick question -- probably being worked on, I'd figured it wouldn't hurt to ask, could be something simple -- why are the zombies walking to a point in the map north and not towards the player? Just wondering if I'm doing something wrong, like some setting I need to set? I know the zombies were just released too, so don't judge me.
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2015 03:37
I have not noticed that behavior. I have had all the zombies on one map and had them all coming at me at once.
What else is on the map with these when they all go north.
Maybe a screen shot of the overhead of the map, or a video if possible, might help me figure out what is going on for you.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit

TexMan
Years of Service
User Offline
My apologies, I sent this before I started getting ready for work, I'll post a screen shot or something along those lines tomorrow noon (I work night shift). From what I can tell you now is:
-I have a ton of custom made objects (3ds and x file formats, buildings, structures, and other props, roads, etc.)
-I follow the zombie(s), and they go (not precisely north, more like North North East), and go to a particular spot on the map (quite a distance actually). Then, they start attacking, at nothing, and not go any further (they don't goto the edge of the map, in fact, not even close to it)
-I could have sworn Lee talking about this somewhere in his blogs, but I can't remember, my memory gets fuzzy.

I've only got like about 3/4 zombies in there right now. There's got to be something simple here (I already tried deleting the bin/dbo files and reloading too, but that did nothing). Totally stumped. They 'were' coming at me in the beginning, now they flee. I think they lost their zombie dignity.
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2015 06:03
Ok, I will be awaiting the screen shots. Did you modify the zombie scripts or mix the scripts?
The scripts that are assigned to the characters, are assigned because of the Biped for the animations, mixing these will result in strange behavior.

Zombies are free roam and don't have waypoint code in them.
Soldiers are waypoint driven and only come off the waypoint at the range shown in properties.

So check that out perhaps. Almost bed time here for me, so I will answer this as soon as I get the screen shot of the map.

Thanks
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit

TexMan
Years of Service
User Offline
I have not opened or changed the scripts. The animations of the zombies work fine. Actually, it seems the zombies DO attack me, until, they go up a hill, then they sort of ignore me (no damage done, they keep proceeding to this mysterious spot on the map as noted above). ALL of the zombies seem to go to that point, if there's a wall in front of them, they'll walk into the wall continuously.
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2015 07:01
Try setting the view angle to 100 or 120, and see if they will come off the hill for you.

If they cant see you for x amount of seconds, they are supposed to go back to idle. This might be what your seeing.

This is set at 0 by default, and even zombies have some FOV, so increasing this view angle should help. Let me know.
It is in the properties of each zombie.

Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2015 07:18
Try this if you have this type of keyboard, and see if it makes a difference. This is from the Dev's.

BTW, pressing CTRL+SHIFT should swap the keyboard over to QWERTY and fix the issue, but they'll need to swap back to use AZERTY

Let me know please any results good or bad.

Thanks

TexMan
Years of Service
User Offline
I'll let you know, thanks for the help! Also, just thought of something, I did notice earlier, the zombie reached the point it was headed (the mystery spot), from far away the zombie stops moving at a certain distance. Don't know if that's anything, but when I get home, I'll tinker around with the supplied advice. Thanks again!
TexMan
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey, oh, 1 more question, lol, so sorry if I'm pestering (this is more like a bonus question), is there a way (perhaps a script?) to have a zombie respawn from the location is originally spawned? Just thought I'd ask since we're somewhat on the topic. Thanks a ton.
TexMan
Years of Service
User Offline
K, well, here's an overhead map, and a few others including the setting (which I did change back to 0, the FOV trick didn't turn out so well). The hole to the right in cap1 image is where the zombie heads towards (I dug a hole, because I thought 'maybe' there were 2 player start locations, but, I was wrong, or I think so anyways). About half way there the zombie treads up a hill, once it is walking upward, it doesn't attack and just keeps on trekkin'.

I did try and test the zombies on a new flat map (tried 4-5 zoms), they work perfect, so there's gotta be something in the map.

I don't really understand the CTRL+SHIFT thing, I pressed it, nothing happens (in-game and editor). Never heard of a AZERTY keyboard before though.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2015 23:57
Ok, the view cone angle is good, the View range in Cap2 is very short distance, so it is making sense that they are running away or doing nothing but roaming in circles.

That script is defaulted to a range of 600 unless you change the View range to something less. If you need them to be more aggressive and look at you from a greater distance and chase you from a greater distance, then this line in the script controls that.

PlayerDist < 600 in line 41, Increase this number to 2000 or 3000 and save. This way the view range in the properties panel will work up to that distance, making it easier to adjust from there.

Here is a video of how the modified scripts make them act.

Try this and see if they act better for you.

TexMan
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm just going to do a new map and start fresh, sorry for wasting your time Myke (more like wasting my time, lol, editing that terrain took awhile)
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2015 00:27
you are not wasting my time, I am just showing you how you can change there behavior and showing why the properties act as they do. Do you need me to send you adjusted scripts with greater ranges in them?

TexMan
Years of Service
User Offline
NOPE WAIT, I think I just realized the problem. See, that road model I have in the map, it's 1 huge giant entity. With collision. I'm going to go back and try turning off the collision for the roads and see what happens.
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2015 00:38
Increase the range on that Zombie also. 600 if you have not modified the script.

If the Zombie wont cross over it, add forcesimpleobstacle = 3
in the FPE file of that road. delete the dbo and bin file, and try again.

TexMan
Years of Service
User Offline
YUP, that was the problem, lol, k, well, this was solved. Guess I wont be using that road entity now, I figured it out Myke, thanks though man.
TexMan
Years of Service
User Offline
See, in Cap 1 image, that road you see on the hill, that's actually 1 huge road entity with collision. This conflicts with the zombies collision. It dawned on me, because I have a road median entity with collision, and I was just testing it out 5 mins ago on a new map, and I noticed the zombies were not attacking me when standing on it.
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2015 00:53
add forcesimpleobstacle = 3
in the FPE file of that road. delete the dbo and bin file,
Also set the colmode to 1 if it is not in the FPE file.

Glad you have it figured out.

TexMan
Years of Service
User Offline
That didn't work, BUT, I think I'll just remove the road, it seems more trouble than it's worth anyways, and, it's not extremely appealing, so it's not really a huge loss.
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2015 02:26
Ok, that works for me. I just updated all my rails and roads packs to GameGuru standards, if you want to try them out.
Its in the free models and media section.

Flatlander
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2015 18:21 Edited at: 8th Apr 2015 18:23
I have been gone a long time due to health reasons. When I come back I don't see anything about FPSC Reloaded. I had a gold pledge and am wondering what's up? I have FPSC Reloaded BETA V1.01 as the most current version. This GameGuru is V1.00.023 which is a different number? Are they the same or no?

I see some old acquaintances Scene Commander, KeithC, Pirate Myke and MadLad to name a couple. So I must be going the right direction. You have to be gentle with me.

-----------

Added: I'm starting to think there was a name change along the line?
When in doubt -- C4 :heh, heh, heh:

-Jamie Hyneman
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2015 19:10 Edited at: 8th Apr 2015 19:11
Glad to hear you are feeling better.

This is the next version of Reloaded, Now Branded as GameGuru. Runs thru steam and updates are much quicker now for patches. Lots of new stuff to play with, and some long awaited editor functions. 3d Camera mode in the editor window for one.
Lot of keys have moved.

http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791437392602/announcements/detail/217637663818060793

So happy reading, and remember that the shift key is your new friend. If it don't work, then try it with the shift key.

Nice to see you back.

MadLad Designs
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2015 23:06
Yes, you're at the right place F l a t l a n d er.

As Myke says it reloaded with a name change as they want to extend it beyond just shoot em ups.
Check out my YouTube Gaming Channel: /user/MadLadDesigns

W7 Home 64-bit, Intel i5-3330 quad-core 3.20GHz, nVidia GTX660 2Gb, 8Gb ram

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 06:24:20
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 06:24:20