Product Chat / [resolved] error on lightmapping with imported models

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I noticed that I have errors on lighmapping everytime I use imported models ..
everytime i try to make lightmap(even basic) i always obatin several errors like this

[img]
hosting immagini[/img]

can someone hep me??

n.b. if i try a lightmapping with standard assets all works fine...

thanks..
PC Specs:

Q9550@3,8GHZ - 8GB RAM - SVGA R9 280 3GB GDDR5 - HDD WD 1500TB
PM
Bisella
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2015 16:28
What program do you use to make the models?
I use sketchup and I have the same error (these problems are only with sketchup)
I noticed in the syncromesh's tutorial, the .jpg file that exports sketchup does not convert it into .dds. I tried to follow the tutorial and there are no errors.
Also in the file fpe textured line is empty -> = textured
I am very confused ..... the files must be in .dds format, but if you try, any format and size is fine. However, in the store you can not sell items textured in different formats from dds.
There's too much confusion.
The software I use? ... Autocad, sketchup, Spazio3D, pconplanner, Kerkythea, wings3d, paint.net, torque3d, AxixGameFactory, PD particles.
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2015 16:38 Edited at: 2nd Apr 2015 16:39
You can now import 3DS files directly from sketchup
But that is a rogue model error for sure
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
my textures for the imported models are in .tga and not in .dds

maybe this is the cause of my error

the textured field is blank because if the model is multitexture the textured field must be blank

antoher issue I noticed is that is I scale the model into the fpe file e.g scale = 50 , when i place the model on the map, in f9 mode it cannot be repositioned since if I select it and reposition it to another palce or change its height position I cannot confirm my modify..

is this a confirmed bug or this happen only to me??
PC Specs:

PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2015 04:54 Edited at: 3rd Apr 2015 05:24
I will test this now.
You are not imagining things, good find on the scale thing. I will make a video and send it to the dev's.

Thank you.

Now your import issue. You say you use .tga files. It is my understanding that these should be converted to .dds files?
If you look at the saved fpe file from the importer, does it ask for x file or .dbo, does it ask for ,tga or .dds?
And if so are the texture files and mesh files present for when you lightmap?

and would it be possible for you to email me the media, so I can reproduce it. Send it to myke1net At Hotmail.com. Put GameGuru in the subject some place so it don't get lost in spam.

Thank you again.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit

JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi nice to hep the community and glad to see that problem with the scaled object is not only mine..hope it can be solved soon..

about my issues with lightmapping I converted all files form my models from tga to dds and I have the same problem

I tried with a single imported model with all dds textures ans i obtain this..

[img]
host image[/img]

I sent to you one of my models so you can verify.. thanks...
PC Specs:

PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2015 13:46
Got it, and I will look at it. Thanks
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit

Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2015 14:43
Solution found for you JC Leon:

Found the issue with the one you sent. Unmodified, it causes the LM to crash. I opened the fpe file and commented out the effect line like so.

;header
desc = gv_obj_oldcity_03

;visualinfo
textured =
;effect = effectbank\reloaded\entity_basic.fx <------ **** rem this line or remove the shader effect call
castshadow = 0

Kept the rest of the FPE file the same. deleted the dbo and bin file for that object and tried again.
Setting it in the editor, running test game, and using F4 Lightmapping, and it finished fine.

The error refers to the assigned shader, not being able to find the listed texture. This would be true as you are using multitextured models, and would not have the texture listed in the FPE file for the lightmapper to find.

Hope that solves the rest of them.

Thanks

JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
works for me too.. thank you so much...GREAT!!!

but in this way I lose the shader effect on my entities or the shader is applied too???

and I imported my models into unity5 and the are very cool with all shaders effect and specularity applied to them automatically... how can I have the same nice effect into gameguru??

must I create a single N ans S texture for every dds of the model and after gameguru recon them automatically or is there another way??

[img]
image share[/img]
PC Specs:

PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2015 16:09
Yes, if you want to use shaders in GameGuru as it stands right now, then they only work with the shader being assigned. But this requires a single texture to be called. Thus the issue you are ultimately having.

Combining the individual textures together in one texture sheet then moving the UV mapping spots to the new location in the combine texture, will allow you to use the shader.

Now the shader also requires a Normal nap _n and a specular _s texture as well.

Do you have a model program you are familiar with?

Also unity5 assumes by default, that it needs to add the Normal and specular, and creates them. GameGuru you have to create these files for now in photoshop or GIMP or any other paint program that saves as .dds format.

Hope that helps more.

JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
ok thanks again..I tried in the past to manage with UV mapping but iit's to much stressing and time consuming . i was thinking that reloaded/gamegure can use shader with multitextured models too..this is was the master cause I abandadoned my projects on fpsc-classic

is there a software I can buy that create an automated single uv from multiple texture models??

PC Specs:

PM
Bisella
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2015 16:32
thanks a lot Pirate Myke
(I had the same problem)
forgive my english
The software I use? ... Autocad, sketchup, Spazio3D, pconplanner, Kerkythea, wings3d, paint.net, torque3d, AxixGameFactory, PD particles.
PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2015 16:52
@Bisella: Your welcome. Glad it is now working for you.

@ JC Leon: Try this one. It is open source.
I did a search in Bing for this term and got a page of programs, maybe this will help you out more.

http://www.bing.com/search?q=atlas+texture+maker&src=IE-SearchBox&FORM=IENTTR&conversationid=

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 13:13:25
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 13:13:25