Product Chat / Not sure about what GG can do.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Just discovered this on STEAM, but not sure what can I do with it, so I will ask some questions here and hope someone can help me with those.

1- Can I create single player FPS against AI controlled enemies? I mean enter a level with moving enemies that react to my actions and try to kill me.

2- Is possible to control vehicles? Helicopters too?

3- Can I have friendly AI helping me in the mission?

Thanks!!
PM
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2015 14:18
Hello!

1. Absolutely; this can be done right now, with improved AI coming down the pipeline.

2. Vehicles are definitely on the "to-do" list for the future; both to control (as in a racing game), and to get in and out of (as in a GTA-style or BF game).

3. Yes you can. GameGuru utilizes LUA scripting, which is a standard scripting language for game development.

GameGuru is in constant development (currently in Early Adopter status), and Community Input is what drives it's development.
Intel Core i7-4820K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770
PM
GoDevils
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2015 19:28
Vehicles can be moved and controlled now through LUA scripting.

As for first person race type games, the engine is still lacking LUA scripted control over the Camera/Player (both XYZ movement and Rotation). You can get a Helicopter to fly around, and there are some scripts where the camera can be made to fly, but you loose mouse control, and cannot bank or look down. Hopefully these connections will be added soon.

Good Lick
"THERE IS NO SPOON"

AMD 6300 6 core 3.5 ghz, Windows 8.1, 8GB ram, GTX 650 2GB ram
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
At the moment it is more or less a FPS game maker. However it has potential to be used for RPG's, Adventures, Survival games. Later on 3rd Person, RTS and other totally different game types are planned. For now though the best you can do is an adventure or RPG or a basic shooter of course. You also need to be able to script in Lua, to do either adventure or RPG. There's not too much out the box that will help as yet.

Check out my Project RPG stuff. The scripts are currently in the hands of TGC testers and are awaiting approval. So that would be a start for an RPG game for instance. There is also a few useful scripts I have done for general gameplay mechanics not supported as standard. There's also a lot of free scripts around for all sorts. It all depends how easy you want to make it for yourself really. That is one of the good points about Game Guru you can concentrate on the game design and leave the more difficult modeling and scripting for others to do and buy them or have a dabble in all, whatever is your preference!

All the things you mention are possible, but not out the box. As is I wouldn't think player controlled vehicles would be possible yet, or at least in a realistic fashion. I wouldn't want to try it, particularly at the moment. Helicopters and such flying around though is no problem at all.

SPECS: Q6600 CPU. Nvidia 660GTX. 8 Gig Memory. Win 7.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 04:58:32
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 04:58:32