Product Chat / [LOCKED] Locked Threads

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I notice that at least two threads about the Construction Kit have been locked. Has ConKit become a dirty word or something? Are we forbidden to discuss it further?
Julian
PM
The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: around
Posted: 28th Mar 2015 19:16 Edited at: 28th Mar 2015 19:17
I can only offer my personal impression that it's not a bout ConKit being a dirty word now but rather that:
a) a thread complaining about the construction kit not ready/worked on fast enough/a priority/etc. does not comply with TCGs "what is acceptable usage policy" policy
b) ANY thread that features complaints as the central topic is not considered constructive.

I also made the observation that no one takes offense if we ask nicely.

So if someone posts p.e.
Quote: "Game Guru is the BEST EVER!!!!!!! Could you heroes at TCG pretty pretty PLEEEEEASE (with sugar on top!) consider making the ConKit your #1 pripority?????? But whatever I LOVE Game Guru and I will follow you to the end of......WHATEVER!!!!!!""

then I don't think that thread would be locked.

In my opinion it's all a matter of wording.
In case you find my grammar and spelling weird ---> native German speaker ^^
lordjulian
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks. BTW, in case the Moderators are reading, apologies if any of my posts violate the guidelines. This is not intentional - I think it's just that I am very passionate about the GameGuru project and sometimes that passion gets expressed inappropriately.
Julian
PM
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2015 21:28 Edited at: 28th Mar 2015 21:29
I believe the reason most of these threads have been locked is that the discussion has been through. Its clear that the conKit will not be on the horizon all too soon but people want it anyway...now!! That leads nowhere. To quote Lee:

Quote: "The 'CONKIT' is a pretty major feature of the software and we want to get it absolutely right before we unleash it on you. Aside from the stuff you have already seen in the preview, we need to find ways to transform the constructions into extremely fast game-ready versions which means baking geometry and texture information so it fits nicely into a highly optimized rendering and physics engine. The software can survive without the conkit in the short-term, but it cannot survive without things like script commands, AI behaviors, native Win 8 compatibility and a host of critical items which will round off and complete the product. I know Simon is biting at the bit to carry on with the ConKit, and as soon as his obligations on the core engine are complete, I will open the gate and loose the steed. When the first building is created with ConKit, I want it to sit in a game world which is fast, stable, gorgeous and ready to run on a computer near you"

It is clear that they are working on the mentioned issues (script commands, AI behaviour etc. >read above) before they are going on to conkit.
They are working on fundamentals first then they start/continue with the conkit. This means that every discussion about the conkit is irrelevant just yet because there isn't any kit to be discussed. We don't even know what it will be like and we aren't getting it any sooner if we keep posting about it.

Storyteller has posted a couple times that the project is a work in progress for 2 years now and I can understand the impatience of the userbase but I do find it ironic that the community, me included, have been criticising TGC for implementing shiny features before the core has been developed and hardened...and now that they are focusing on said core we demand new features. (a core feature in itself...I know, but I do want them to stabilize the engine first.)

-Wolf
"When I contradict myself, I am telling the truth"

"absurdity has become necessity"

79% Sale on my latest Scifi Modelpack. Get it here!
The Next
TGC Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2015 22:15 Edited at: 28th Mar 2015 22:27
Wolf explained very well. Construction kit is not a dirty word and we welcome any discussion on it that is constructive, what we will not allow is users creating new threads just to moan that a feature is not in the software yet, that doesn't help anyone. Which is essentially what those threads were, not much constructive just people venting frustration, which of course we all understand

I would also like to add that moderator decisions are not up for debate, as per the AUP. If you have an issue with why we lock a thread please contact a member of staff/mod directly and we will be more than happy to give the reason behind the lock if it was not already explained in the thread. We do stand behind our moderators they all use their best judgement on what is likely or has become out of hand.

I am locking this thread as it does break the AUP, along the lines that we will not discuss moderator decisions Again contact me direct if you have issue with this.
Windows 7 Pro, Intel i7 3.8 GHz (Passmark: 9021), 16GB DDR3, NVIDIA GTX 780 4GB Superclocked (Passmark: 8056)
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 21:46:34
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 21:46:34