Product Chat / ONLINE MULTIPLAYER?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
are we able to make an online multiplayer game with servers and players and player chats and maybe in-game currency that can be used to purchase high level weapons for high ranked players or is that too advanced for game guru if we can at least make an online multiplayer than please tell me how because that would be awesome I am aware that there is a multiplayer but is it onlinr and does it have like lobbies and stuff so players can join there friends not just random people.
PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2015 16:58
The features are for future updates. ATM this is what is functional. MP, TDM. Soon CTF more editor improvements.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2015 17:00
Hello. Currently, you can host a multiplayer game with up to 8 players; in either deathmatch, or team deathmatch modes. As of now, each player needs to have a copy of GameGuru, in order to play (we are working on something so only one player needs to have a copy of GameGuru, however). GameGuru uses Steam servers for you to host your MP level. Players can find your game in the lobby (where you can now chat in), and join you there.

There is nothing native, currently, that will allow for in-game currency to make purchases. However, it is a good suggestion for the future; and is possible with LUA scripting.
Intel Core i7-4820K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770
PM
dedser
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2015 17:09
so far only You can try multiplayer truth and I am regretting buying this program we need to import more easily objects because always there failures per vertex or things like that , I 'm seriously considering moving to Torque 3D has better options is free and no limited , we need character creator and developer of construction kit,
PM
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
We also expect to have co-op player allowing users team up against AI's early next week, we've already ran some fun tests with this feature and are just tweaking it now.

You must remember that this is an Early Access product and is being constantly developed with updates every 2-3 days. You can expect some excellent new editor features in that build to.

SC
i7-4770s 3.10ghz - Geforce GTX 650ti
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2015 02:34 Edited at: 28th Mar 2015 02:43
Quote: "so far only You can try multiplayer truth and I am regretting buying this program we need to import more easily objects because always there failures per vertex or things like that , I 'm seriously considering moving to Torque 3D has better options is free and no limited , we need character creator and developer of construction kit,"

You purchased a piece of software that is still in development. It will be quite some time before it is complete. In the meantime, it will certainly lack features. It will be buggy. It will even crash on you. Perhaps many times. Perhaps quite frequently. But it will crash, guaranteed, and at the worst possible moment. This is a fact of software development. If you like to code, (I assume you do, since you want to use Torque) then go for it! It really all depends on your timeframe for kickin' out your dream game! Don't regret your purchase here, though, it will be developed, eventually...

As for importing objects, if you're having problems, then (outside the occasional bug) you are doing something wrong. That means you need to learn how to import models. If you don't like to learn, then you chose the wrong hobby! I've imported hundreds of models since the importer came about and haven't really had any issues outside my own occasional oversight on a setting here or there. You really shouldn't blame the software!

I noticed on another thread that your video card doesn't even meet the minimum requirements of GG. With that in mind, I would wager that you will have problems with any engine out there. Good luck!
MAME Cab PC: i7 4770@3.4Ghz (passmark 9945), 12GB RAM, Win 8.1/64, GeForce GTX645 (passmark 1898); Shiny new laptop: i7 4800MQ@2.7Ghz (passmark 8586), 16GB RAM, Win 8.1/64, GeForce GTX870M (passmark 3598); Old laptop: i5@2.3Ghz, 8GB RAM, Win 7/64, Intel 3000 graphics
PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2015 02:50 Edited at: 28th Mar 2015 02:50
This is very true, there are a lot of features in the future that are being planed and in process now.
I have also imported 100's of models into this program and have 100's of custom made ones also.

If you need assistance, feel free to ask, I or others, will be glad to assist. Most of it just boils down to a set of procedures to follow every time.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit

dedser
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2015 15:02 Edited at: 28th Mar 2015 15:05
so the card I have no problem got a hd 6780 radeon , I do not mean this bad just that I would like that also the creator of .no characters will be added critical work of the creators just give my point of view is valid and apologize if it does not express just not speak in English for now I am learning is somewhat difficult because the forums are always in English .

the import marked me error because cinema 4d .
I experimented with fragmotion and I had no problem

also am not new to come following fpsc since version x9
PM
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2015 15:05
We do also have a section in our boards for espanol: https://forum.game-guru.com/board/16

If that helps?
Intel Core i7-4820K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770
PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2015 15:12 Edited at: 28th Mar 2015 15:14
C4d does have some issues on the directx format, mostly way smaller then it should be, and that the uv mapping does not seem to hold.

try just having the export textures, save normal, generate mesh checked, and adjust the scale if the size is off in the editor. See if that will stop the errors on the importer.

Not a C4D wiz, but have been toying with it to try and help other C4D users import stuff to GG.

dedser
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2015 15:26
I think that's great.
Now I only need to learn what the collisions for now I have failed to export what I did was spend x model file , import it into fragmotion and re- exported in x I had no problems

thank you very much for the suggestions
PM
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2015 12:02 Edited at: 29th Mar 2015 12:10
Glad you got a better card, dedser, and it's also good to see you're coming up with a pipeline to export/import entities. That can be difficult to do, depending on your software. I'm not familiar with C4d, but some applications just don't play well with others, but the issues usually lie in the export, not the import. Don't be afraid to ask questions around here, though, and please don't worry about your English, as long as you can get your point across. My brother has been speaking it for 50 years yet he still can barely write a coherent sentence! There is always someone around willing to help, as you should know if you ever used the Classic forums. I also didn't mean to come across harsh on your earlier comment. I'm just a little tired of people who post comments knocking the engine saying, "It needs this now," or "The features I need are more important than what they are working on right now." If it sucks when it's finished, then fine. Knock it all you want at that time, but right now that's really not fair to the developers, and it's annoying. It's the equivalent of a child repeatedly asking, "Are we there yet?" The simple answer is, "No, we aren't." Too many threads are built around the same subjects, and they've all been locked. Apparently the Mods are tired of it, too! Good luck! (And if you do use Torque3d, post some screenshots over in the "Off Topic" board. I'm always curious as to what people are doing with other engines. I dabble in UE4 myself, and although I haven't really made anything serious as of yet, I am impressed with the features.)
MAME Cab PC: i7 4770@3.4Ghz (passmark 9945), 12GB RAM, Win 8.1/64, GeForce GTX645 (passmark 1898); Shiny new laptop: i7 4800MQ@2.7Ghz (passmark 8586), 16GB RAM, Win 8.1/64, GeForce GTX870M (passmark 3598); Old laptop: i5@2.3Ghz, 8GB RAM, Win 7/64, Intel 3000 graphics
PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2015 12:22 Edited at: 29th Mar 2015 12:24
Information alert. Everyone copy this to your notes:

// Transparency Modes
// 0 - first-phase no alpha
// 1 - first-phase with alpha masking
// 2 and 3 - second-phase which overlaps solid geometry
// 4 - alpha test (only render beyond 0x000000CF alpha values)
// 5 - water line object (seperates depth sort automatically)
// 6 - combination of 3 and 4 (second phase render with alpha blend AND alpha test, used for fading LOD leaves)
// 7 - very early draw phase no alpha

rem forcesimpleobstacle
rem -1 : absolutely no obstacle
rem 0 : default
rem 1 : box
rem 2 : contour
rem 3 : full poly scan

Collison modes:
Customising the FPE - Collision Modes

Depending on the type of item, the way in which collisions are handled can be specified by use of the COLLISIONMODE field.

If you have a basic model that does not require precise collision such as a crate, step or wall, then a BOX collision would be a good option. This is the fastest collision method available. This is achieved by entering:
collisionmode = 0
If you have a more complicated model that is not as angular such as a vaulted arch, rock formation or is otherwise unusually shaped; POLYGON collision would be a good option. This is the slowest collision method available but offers a greater degree of accuracy. This is achieved by entering:
collisionmode = 1
You may have objects that you simply do not want to collide with anything. Background items that having collision detection would be impractical. Objects such as ground plants, debris or wires on the floor - there only to add colour to the scene but not to hinder the player. Collision for these types of items can be turned off completely by entering:
collisionmode = 11
For very complicated items, you may only wish to have partial collision. A Tree for example. POLYGON collision would be very slow due to the volume of the leaves and BOX collision would be too imprecise as the player would not be able to get close to the tree. For these types of items, limb collision can be used.
collisionmode=21
Use this when you want an entity to repel the player to beyond a 40 unit radius around the entity from the player. Great for characters and custom characters and avoids using expensive physics if not required.
collisionmode = 100x
Replacing x with the limb number will cause that limb only to receive BOX collision and the rest of the object will have no collision at all. Following the above example this allows the trunk of the tree to have collision allowing the player to walk right up to it without colliding with the leaves.

For unusual or curved objects such as bent trees or collapsed pylons for example, POLYGON collision can be achieved by using:
collisionmode = 200x
Tree Collisions

The 'collisionmode' attribute in your entity FPE file can be used to define a highly efficient collision cylinder for trees. Since players will largely be colliding with the trunk, leaves and upper branches may not necessarily need to be used for collision. In these circumstances the tree collision modes may be useful. The collision cylinder has the added benefit of allowing the player to smoothly slide around the tree.

The collision cylinder is vertically aligned, as tall as the entire model, and is calculated automatically from the vertex data of the model. The modes map directly to vertex data locations and the system will use this small selection of vertices to calculate the cylinder.

The modes are the following:
•collisionmode 51 - Uses all vertices in the lower half of the model to calculate the radius of the cylinder. Ideal for averaging trunk width in simple trees.
•collsionmode 52..59 - Uses a 1/16th portion of the lower half of the model to calculate the radius. 52 is the uppermost portion and 59 is the lowermost portion. This is useful to exclude low branches or roots from the cylinder calculation.

E.g. If a model was 16 units high:
•collisionmode 52 would include vertices between 7 and 8 units high
•collisionmode 53 would include vertices between 6 and 7 units high
•collisionmode 54 would include vertices between 5 and 6 units high
•collisionmode 59 would include vertices between 0 and 1 units high

If a cylinder cannot be calculate from the vertex data, the collision cylinder will not be made and the tree will have no collision data. If you cannot find a mode which suits the geometry, collsionmode 1 (full polygon collision) should be selected.

Animation Note:
The system does not support models with animation in which the animation significantly scales the model. For the collision cylinder to be calculated correctly, the exported model animation must not have a scaling factor which makes it larger/smaller than the original non animated mesh.

Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2015 12:38
Nice, Myke, noted! Thank you!
PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2015 13:31
You are welcome.
The collision part is in the store upload guide.

But those first two tasty morsels are from the dev's.

Enjoy.

Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2015 13:50
It's printed and going into my still to be renamed Reloaded binder. (and yes, I really have one!) lol
PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2015 13:54
Nice, I get to have a private thread in the mod section, where I can keep all the cut and paste info. Plus it is there to be put into a document for the rest of the users. But there is a lot of formatting to do on it.

Most of this stuff I take for granted, because I have been using since Classic version, but I remember that getting good and complete info was hard.

Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2015 14:13
I just laugh at myself whenever I look at my binders. I have one for almost everything. My grandfather kept binders on all kinds of stuff, and when I was a kid I thought it was kinda funny. Now I am that old man that keeps binders on everything!
PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2015 15:22
Knowledge is about knowing where to find the info, when needed, not cluttered up in the brain. I have stacks of notes for three versions of this engine now.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 01:05:30
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 01:05:30